News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
I have a hard time seeing a path to victory for Ilia here. I'm a fan of the guy and all, but he loads up tremendously on his power shots and doesn't always set things up well exiting the pocket. Hoping to land a big shot on Volk isn't the best game plan.
Although, Father Time is undefeated.

Could double up by throwing womens SW as co main. And with Allen/Evolev on the card thats a good backup.

It's tough to bet against Volk, but if he were to lose a belt I have a feeling it'd be to somebody who is similarly well rounded - like ilia.

Gotta say I am pumped to watch volk fight ANYBODY at this point, the man is that damn good. This is as game of an opponent as we have seen, can't wait for this one

Definitely not lol. You can't be a backup fighter with no top 10 wins and beating Diego Lopes on short notice.

My god man, why do people still wanna see Volk vs Max? Isn't it enough? Let Volk fight different guys lol. You can't just let them fight until Max wins!
Dagestani fanboys: It's because Volk ducks Movsar! It has nothing to do with ranks!

Volk UD

Ilia will win one of the early rounds. Its gonna take Volk some getting used to fighting a short fighter. Hes been fighting nothing but tall FWs or Islam the last few years who are all 5'9+ (Max, Yair, Islam, Ortega). Ilia is 5'7 tops.

But Volk will do what he usually does. Ilia is really good. Top 5. But Volk has reached that rarified air where its justified to have him close to GOAT talks. He isnt losing for at least 2 more years @ FW or earlier if he moves up.

Last edited:
I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam

Dude, he looked revitalized because his opponents allowed him this. Volk wouldn't!

hope so
topuria hands look gooood
i find volk boring tbh, but i still root for the guy most times.. just becsuse he seems a genuinely down to earth guy, respectful, frarless. great competitor alex the great is !

I found him boring too, especially his Max fights. But he improved and he last fights were good: Yair, Islam, KZ.

But same, rooting for him.
Topuria is an entertaining fighter and he deserved that TS, but Volk seems a decent human person and this is rare to find in MMA. While Topuria might kill you sherdoggers if on a desert island with him; assuming sherdoggers weren't 6'7 and benching 405 and being able to toss the manlet up in the tallest palm tree.

Topuria TKO - I take a flyer!!<4>

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam
Go away with Volk vs max shit some fresh faces are needed for the champ

Great you are not the matchmaker, because holy fuck this is dumb

My god man, why do people still wanna see Volk vs Max? Isn't it enough? Let Volk fight different guys lol. You can't just let them fight until Max wins!

Its meant to be a sport. It's not fair on Max to never let him fight for the title again, saying that I think he needs at least another win or maybe 2 before they make a 4th fight.

Volk doesn't look past anybody, trains like a man possessed for every single fight and has one of the best camps going around.
I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to retire at the exact, best moment possible, with a few belts and a life expectancy of 102. He's different.

Volk doesn't look past anybody, trains like a man possessed for every single fight and has one of the best camps going around.
Yeah, but silk sheets make it hard to get out of bed at 5 a.m. for a run. You never know when a fighter has lost his drive. Look at the Adesanya in the Gastelem fight to his last fight. I'm here to die for this s$%t to, ah...let him take the belt.

Back