News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Ilia Topuria set for UFC 298 on Feb. 17, location TBD

Who wins?

• Total voters
You will delete ur acc and never come back on this site again
I'm happy if that's what you want but it's not really fun either. I wouldn't want you to leave.

I believe Topuria is champ material, but maybe not quite yet and maybe not against Volk. However, there’s a real X factor here and it’s that Volk is at the age where fighters can fall off overnight, we’ve seen it many times. I love this fight though, one of the most interesting they could do across any division right now.

Topuria with the upset like Volk vs Holloway 1. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Volk wins either.

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam
No one expected Strickland to beat adesanya either, but he did. So you gotta let the guy have his attempt at it.

I might just be horribly biased as I really like Topuria's style, but between his legit skills and Volk's age, I think Ilia will get the win.

This is an interesting fight. All the data says Volk should win easily, but Volk could easily age overnight as a 35 year old FW and Topuria keeps getting better. I wouldn't touch this one from a betting perspective.

Not really sure why people are bringing up Volk's age as a factor.. He's only been looking better and better in his fights. There's really no indication that there's going to be a steep drop off all of a sudden.

This is a VERY tough matchup for Volk. I saw Topuria's last fight and i think he can win, power is a very important factor and given what happened in the Emmett fight, Illia must realize he can't KO people in the first and Volk will be a similar opponent where you can't KO him fast.

Excellent!

Keep these fighters active -- that's how you Find Out.

Both are damn good with a little different strengths.
Volk is getting older, hurt more often and Ilia has damn good hands with power. He could catch him.
Both got good wrestling, so I think we will mainly see a standup match.
Volk trying to leg tap and use his footwork, while more stationary Ilia will pressure and try to counter.

Also Ilia will look better than ever at 26 and at 35 Volk should be 2% worse than last time.
Ilia would definately beat Volk in 1-2 years, let's see if he can do it now.

Going with Ilia, got a feeling and want to take the underdog.

Exaclty. Illia has good wrestling and we might see a similar fight like the Islam one but the power will be the key. Illia has a lot of KO and what he did to emmett. my only concern is him going all out on KO Volk fast but i hope the emmett fight might have teached him something.

I'm not feeling this fight at all. Ilia has 0 chance in this one. Only guy that would have any shot at 45 would be the recent version of Max that we've seen, he looked absolutely sensational and revitalized against Arnold and Zombie. If it were up to me I would do Volk vs Max 4 and then have Volk go up to 55 to settle things with islam
<bball1>

Volk will run through this jabroni. Next.

Good, this was the fight to make. Going with Volk by unanimous decision, I think he will dominate every round

Might be the Toronto event. Which sucks cause i'll be away that weekend.

I'm picking Topuria. Of course not with confidence and not with money behind it. But he'll be the most explosive, hard hitting guy Volk has ever fought. Not to mention the youngest he's fought in a looong time. He's also game as fuck and kind of crazy.
If Volk has lost a step at all Topuria might be too big a mouthful. If Volk bring his A game he will defend.

Back