Media Alexander Volkov says he doesn't have the ability to turn down the fight vs Sergei Pavlovich

"the UFC, as I understand it, received a 'yes' from Sergei Pavlovich’s team, because they replied that they would agree if I agreed"

Lmao, I bet they said the same to Sergei. Then just announced the fight, thus putting the pressure on both teams to accept.

Well that sucks. Guess you’re just gonna have to fight him now and let us watch.

Should be a good fight. I do think Volkov is one of those dudes who's a bit underrated.

Why on earth would you want to turn it down, big opportunity against the guy who last fought for the HW belt and is ranked 3, huge win for Volk if he can win, great opportunity. First big event in Saudi too, what more could you want.

He also said that he doesn't think he won a single round sparring against Pav.

This seems like a weird lead up to this fight.
Volkov rn

confused-vince.gif

He literally has the ability to say no

Being pressured by a premature announcement, is not the same thing as being forced.

That said, I can understand people not wanting to fight their bros. It doesn't have to be personal though. At the highest level of Kung Fu, teh master can fight another master without malice in their heart.

200.gif

Are you able to read or interpret anything he's saying or are you just daft?
"I don't have the ability to refuse."

He LITERALLY does, just say no & don't sign the contract. I'm sorry you don't have ability to comprehend this.

Back