• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Alistair Overeem issues statement on UFC release

I'm surprised they haven't cut AA too. He makes a lot per fight and he's just cashing the checks now as could be seen in his last fight. They just use him as cannon fodder for up and coming guys.

Damn didn’t know he got cut. One of the few HWs who is fun to watch and one of the most skilled ones as well. A bit sad, there are few HW fights I’m looking forward to and now there will be even less.

I can’t believe he was in the ufc for 10years

i can't believe he's been fighting since the fucking 90's has got double digit KO losses and doesn't look like a haggard piece of leather that mumbles and slurs.

he was one of my favorite fighters to watch ever since Pride. he always went for the finish even when he had Ngannou's 4 minute gas tank at LHW he never hesitated to let the strikes fly.

I remember back In the day watching overeems fight blogs before ufc even had embedded. They were good quality. Sucks he keeps getting KOd. Prob best he retires or the dudes gunna get severe CTE.

Sad day to see my favourite fighter retire from UFC :(
glad I was able to watch him live in Washington DC pre pandemic 2019’ although it wasn’t the result I wanted I’m glad I was able to watch the fight live flying over from the U.K.

One thing I can say, I believe when I punched him and he went down, I followed him I got him in a guillotine choke and I clearly felt a tap!

it’s a bummer! Deserving a UFC title but not in this lifetime

thank you Sherbro’s for the hospitality, BoxerSunny signing out!

The rational part of me says Reem should probably retire. But at the same time some tiny part of me can't help but want to see him go on all the horse meat and return as Ubereem 2.0 to try and claim a belt in Bellator or some smaller promotion.

Regardless, he's a legend and always will be. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
I still hate that he kicked my boy Brock right in the diverticulitis, but Reem was classy til the end. Respect to a legend.

Last edited:
The rational part of me says Reem should probably retire. But at the same time some tiny part of me can't help but want to see him go on all the horse meat and return as Ubereem 2.0 to try and claim a belt in Bellator or some smaller promotion.

It would be rather cool to have that last run, snatch a title and call it a career.

Was hoping that this would happen UFC side but I'll still tune in.

10 years is a long time.

He made alot of money, guy came into the ufc making good money. I think it was a good cut, his title run days seemed to be over and hes old. Maybe have a farewell fight and move on with his life. Legend for sure

Garbage ass UFC. Reem is a must watch co main on PPV fighter. But keep giving people Holm, Grasso and Barber as co main.

Pandemic
ESPN contract
Aging star with no real upside and new fans not familiar
800, 000( something like).

UFC couldn't wait Till reem lost.....and he understands.

Maybe p4p coolest name in the ufc (now out of ufc lol)

Makes sense.. hes not putting on good fights anymore and one of the higher paid fighters. Way paat his prime and should retire. I think hell keep fighting thougj

<mma1>

War Reem.

No one has come back from more crushing KO losses.

He took them in stride and lasted way longer than anyone thought he would.

1300758674.0.jpg

Back