Media Aljamain Sterling Says He Had The "Most Dominating" Performance At UFC 300

blame kattar for not being able to stand up. you anti grappling fucktards should go watch glory cause MMA clearly isnt for you. its the same shit over and over and they never blame the guy getting dominated, who is soley to blame for you not being entertained. it is in no way aljos fault that his opponent cant stop him. perhaps get better and learn to defend and stop takedowns? or perhaps learn how to get up from being completely smothered....
Or perhaps try hurting your opponent while "dominating" them. We all love grapplers who try to finish a fight even if a punch isn't thrown.

2 near finishes over a top 5 opponent in a new division 10lbs up somehow = hugs. Just go watch combat sports that don't allow any grappling if you can't understand what you're watching or don't find high level grappling entertaining.

Even if it wasn't entertaining, Aljo ain't wrong. He dominated Kattar.

But he didn't have 2 near finishes and Kattar was not in the top 5 lol.

good thing I didn’t watch that fight live. I read results, watched the first few mins and fast forwarded the rest.

That was the biggest snoozefest I e ever seen.

You talk about a good faith argument and then proceed to say refs don't know shit when my point was the ref was thinking of ending the fight which clearly you agree with after rewatching the fight but you don't want to admit it so shut the fuck about your good faith argument because you're full of shit and you're not making a good faith argument. If you can't argue or refuse to argue with the points being made you're as far from a good faith argument as you can get.

I very much doubt you're a black belt either.

You don't even understand what a good faith argument is.

I'm talking about my initial response to you articulating exactly why I think what I think - instead of acknowledging any of it you just gloss over it and move back to your talking point.

It shows an incapability of actually engaging with a point of learning anything. I actually like reading your point of view even though I disagree with it, because I do see the value in your arguments and understand your perspective better (even if I don't agree with it). You don't even want to engage on that level, it's just about being able to say "I was right."

My point about the ref is that they are human and in MMA from what we've learned highly incompetent. Saying the ref moved in is proof that it was actually close to ending doesn't prove anything really - the fact that you trust the refs reaction more than your own eyes says something about your ability to defer perception to authority even when common sense prevails says something. We saw Kattar eat 500 strikes from Max Holloway and survive, the level of damage he received in this fight was like 1.5/10, so there was no way he was so damaged that he was severely hurt or ready to give up.

You can choose to doubt me being a black belt but it doesn't change the fact that I am.

<{ohyeah}>

Aljo is in a bad spot. People just dismiss him if he is quiet. If he opens his mouth then he comes off too cocky.

In an unrelated note, Aljemain Sterling also masturbates to his reflection in the mirror. He's just that kinda guy.

Entertaining is another word for reckless imo
Topuria is entertaining and not reckless. If you’re grappling and threatening subs or ground n pound great. But if you’re going to lay on someone for 3 rds for the decisions, it’s not unreasonable that no one wants to watch your fights

he had a standard 3 round grappling control performance.

no significant damage inflicted.

wouldn't say that it was the most dominating performance.

3 rounds of grappling control with no significant damage is like the grappling version of jabbing and moving an opponent for 15 minutes (you know, the stuff Michael Bisping and Frankie Edgar were famous for).

He did dominate but it wasn't the most dominant performance. Kayla Harrison took Holly's lunch money. Movsar vs Aljo is the fight to make though. Benefits the UFC because one of the "boring" contenders gets knocked out of contention for the time being.

Even if it wasn't entertaining, Aljo ain't wrong. He dominated Kattar.

But he didn't have 2 near finishes and Kattar was not in the top 5 lol.
He did have 2 near finishes, he had a good submission attempt and the ref moved in and out when he was landing unanswered GnP, refs don't do that unless they were thinking of stopping the fight.

blame kattar for not being able to stand up. you anti grappling fucktards should go watch glory cause MMA clearly isnt for you. its the same shit over and over and they never blame the guy getting dominated, who is soley to blame for you not being entertained. it is in no way aljos fault that his opponent cant stop him. perhaps get better and learn to defend and stop takedowns? or perhaps learn how to get up from being completely smothered....
Damage is the main criteria. Most of us like grappling but it needs to lead to something.

Astonishing to see such a braindead post from a 2009 account

I think people need to stop giving Aljo so much flack. The problem is that he will say stuff like this and get people pissed at him.

Horrible performance from Kattar. Dominant performance from Aljo.

Can't stand when fighters lay on their back doing fuck all against a one dimensional attack and they don't get the majority of the backlash for thta type of fight happening. It's on them to do something about it

Very good at grappling control over primarily strikers but he just isn’t my cup of tea. He avoided damage and kept Kattar’s tangled up on the ground. As a spoiled mma fan, I’m always hoping for a definitive finish of a victory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back