Aljamain Sterling was the only winner who didn’t get a octagon interview

Sterling is just another inauthentic trysohardtobecool dude and putting in a lay n pray performance like that on the biggest card of the year is enough to receive no sympathy from me

Why? Dude was waiting for Rogan to get in there but nothing happened. Plenty of finishes on the prelims so time limit couldn't have been a factor.

Did his fight suck that bad? I didn't think it was super exciting but Aljo looked solid imo. Weird.

OMG THATS NEVER HAPPENED ON THE PRELIMS BEFORE

Sterling is just another inauthentic trysohardtobecool dude and putting in a lay n pray performance like that on the biggest card of the year is enough to receive no sympathy from me
Yea Sterling played it too safe. He totally controlled the fight, but Kattar was virtually unscathed at the end of it.

If Kattar were a guy like Poatan with devastating power, just holding him down would have been understandable as a strategy.

There are times when Aljo has looked really good, e.g. vs Cejudo, but other times his fights are incredibly boring.

Aljo's style is effective, but it's probably not enough for him to beat the top 3-4 at FW, and his fights have low appeal so that works against him moving up the ladder quickly.

DC was crapping on him pretty hard towards the end too ('not impressed by your performance' kind of thing). i think the ufc brass share the general sentiment here on sherdog, i.e. that he's like watching paint dry and needs a fire lit under his ass.

I think he deserved an interview, but it was just another typical Aljo moment. He struggles to win over the fans. This was his chance to make a statement at the biggest event ever, showing the promotion and the 145 division that he's a serious contender at featherweight. His performance was good, but let’s be real, it was the most boring fight of the evening. I like Aljo and hope he does well at 145, but he really missed a huge chance to stand out last night.

Why? Dude was waiting for Rogan to get in there but nothing happened. Plenty of finishes on the prelims so time limit couldn't have been a factor.

Did his fight suck that bad? I didn't think it was super exciting but Aljo looked solid imo. Weird.
People pay to not have him talk.

Back