Aljo Sterling calls UFC new offer "Laughable" Doesn't have enough $ to go see Doctor

20/20 is a complete joke and so is anything less. After training fees, coaches, taxes, etc, you might actually make more working at McDonald's

According to articles he ended up getting 30k/30k. He went 3-3. 2-3 in his weight class and only 1 finish. UFC was right to offer 20k/20k.

Prove your worth Sterling.

Too many fighters overestimate their worth, if it’s about money then they need to be spectacular either that or get an education out in the real world, because Sterling is a dime a dozen.
So he has to "prove" he deserves to afford a doctor's visit?

Get the fuck out of here.

Dont bother, some people will never understand. On the contrary, paying 1 million $ for a bitter 16 party for a kid will sound perfectly normal for some guys.
I m everything but a commie but at one point, UFC just went wrong.

And this is why I'm going to do MMA as a hobby and not as a career.

He needs to pawn that big dookie chain of his then.Stop faking it til you make it Aljo.

There are 44 million Americans on the SNAP (food stamps) program so no shame in getting some extra help when needed. If Dana isn't going to subsidize the it, why not the American taxpayer?

this thread is 2 years OLD

yes. sterling is probably being overpaid if anything

Feed him to horiguchi in Japan.

The UFC is gonna find their legit talentpool being thinned out by Bellator because of these nickle and diming business practices. In the process they’re gonna create a legit competitor for themselves.

I mean I never cared for Bellator and now I’m planning on watching the Rory vs Moose card.

Look, I think pay should be higher, especially at the middle and top end. Those guys ARE the product.

But who tunes in, buys a PPV or a ticket for Sterling? Nobody, that's who. This is prizefighting and entertainment. I don't see what revenue he adds, as yet, and thus he shouldn't be earning above the mean.

I hope the UFC lets him go. Send a signal that you won't be leveraged, and he can pretend that Bellator is paying him big money. We all win. And those of us who pay minimal attention to Bellator can avoid him altogether.

That mentality will have us watching 1 or 2 fight cards like boxing.

this thread is 2 years OLD

yes. sterling is probably being overpaid if anything
So this pro cage fighter doesn't deserve to see a doctor?

Fuck that

Look, I think pay should be higher, especially at the middle and top end. Those guys ARE the product.

But who tunes in, buys a PPV or a ticket for Sterling? Nobody, that's who. This is prizefighting and entertainment. I don't see what revenue he adds, as yet, and thus he shouldn't be earning above the mean.

I hope the UFC lets him go. Send a signal that you won't be leveraged, and he can pretend that Bellator is paying him big money. We all win. And those of us who pay minimal attention to Bellator can avoid him altogether.

Why would you pay minimal attention to Bellator? They put on some awesome fights.

Seán Sheehan ‏@SeanSheehanBA

Sterling described his contract as "laughable". Says he was offered 20/20 with 3k increases per fight.

Seán Sheehan ‏@SeanSheehanBA 34m34 minutes ago

Sterling says he doesn't have the money to go to a doctor. Says he can only go if it's something serious.
He's 3-2 for fights in 2017-2018.

and I'll say it again. If you have a manager in MMA and you can't pay your doctor bills, you don't really have a manager. You just have a guy who gets a % of your paydays to look important.

MMA managers are almost non-essential in contract negotiation. If you can get a better split, you can get it on your own. There best chance at proving their worth is helping you build and monetize your online presence and get you offline sponsorships.

I'm blown away that half these fighters don't even know how to make a fucking Youtube channel and get paid off views. Or how to score a fucking promo check on Instagram for promoting a tooth whitener. Right now, 20-year old prostitutes, cam girls and "models" have more business savvy than most fighters.

20/20 is a complete joke and so is anything less. After training fees, coaches, taxes, etc, you might actually make more working at McDonald's
as an independent contractor all of his business expenses are tax deductible.

It's a double-edged sword and I can see both sides. He wants to be paid like a top guy, but if MMA paid more, he wouldn't be a top guy with a larger talent pool.
That's the dumbest shit I've heard today

Back