"All American" Chris Weidman vows to make a comeback and run through MW division

Whittaker would smash him. So did Yoel already. And Rockhold. Damn, even Mousasi can trashing him. He beat up blown up WW Gastelum who dropped him in first round.
He was winning both fights against Rockhold and Yoel, he blew it himself against Rockhold going for a spinning kick and got caught by Yoel late in the fight. To suggest he is done from those two fights is idiotic.

All I got from that is he has Another hand injury and no actual fight booked yet. First we had Dom Cruz, the Cain, now Weidman <Varys01>

He was winning both fights against Rockhold and Yoel, he blew it himself against Rockhold going for a spinning kick and got caught by Yoel late in the fight. To suggest he is done from those two fights is idiotic.
Wrong.

He lost the second round in Yoel fight on all 3 judges scorecards. So he was not winning. In fact he was on his way to lose a decision.

14991179_10155346315249057_8702361374268502714_o.jpg

Also he was slowing down in Rockhold fight and then gave up when Rockhold got on top of him. If he was winning and if he was fresh then he would get up easily but he was dead tired and Luke crushed him.

Don't be so biased. Whineman will keep losing to top MWs, especially Whittaker who would box up Chris into oblivion.

doesnt matter .. dude literally got his face permanently damaged .. he shouldnt be putting himself into more danger .. think about his kids etc .. some people just dont get it i guess
Bisping pretty much lost an eye and went on to become a world champion, so I wouldn't be so worried about Chris just yet.

If he gets absolutely obliterated by his next opponent, then maybe he should start considering hanging them up, but not now.

Chris can beat any fighter in the division, the fights he lost he showed he was the better fighter when fresh. He just doesn't have the gas tank to beat the elite in the later rounds, unless he changes something with his training.

I still think his best bet is to move up to LHW, it's a shallow division and he will be much healthier fighting at that weight class. Also most of the elite at LHW are not too well rounded, they are either great strikers or great grapplers where chris is good at both.

He wouldn't beat DC or probably Gus but anyone else in the top 5 he can beat.

Wrong.

He lost the second round in Yoel fight on all 3 judges scorecards. So he was not winning. In fact he was on his way to lose a decision.

14991179_10155346315249057_8702361374268502714_o.jpg

Also he was slowing down in Rockhold fight and then gave up when Rockhold got on top of him. If he was winning and if he was fresh then he would get up easily but he was dead tired and Luke crushed him.

Don't be so biased. Whineman will keep losing to top MWs, especially Whittaker who would box up Chris into oblivion.
I don't get why people want to push the narrative of Chris winning against Yoel before the finish, that fight was clearly 1-1 heading into the third. Romero gave away the first round like he usually does, and then started shutting Chris down.

I don't get why people want to push the narrative of Chris winning against Yoel before the finish, that fight was clearly 1-1 heading into the third. Romero gave away the first round like he usually does, and then started shutting Chris down.
To keep the fairy tale of unbreaten Chris alive.

doesnt matter .. dude literally got his face permanently damaged .. he shouldnt be putting himself into more danger .. think about his kids etc .. some people just dont get it i guess

Ahh..long dong..we meet again

Hes a professional fighter lol.. Hes not a dentist who fights occasionally..this is what he does for a living..hes not going to stop becuase he has damage on his face lol??..

Bisping pretty much lost an eye and went on to become a world champion, so I wouldn't be so worried about Chris just yet.

If he gets absolutely obliterated by his next opponent, then maybe he should start considering hanging them up, but not now.

whats good for mike is good for chris .. cant agree man .. his face is fooookd up ..anyway we wont agree on this

Ahh..long dong..we meet again

Hes a professional fighter lol.. Hes not a dentist who fights occasionally..this is what he does for a living..hes not going to stop becuase he has damage on his face lol??..

whats up good buddy ? his damage is pretty severe if you ask ..well anyone but you two .. if im bored tomorrow ill do side by side comparison .. very sad IMO

It could happen, maybe Romero retires along with souza, rockhold moves up, Whittaker can't recover from his injury, and gegard is gone.

That ship has sailed the Chris

No was tied 1-1 going into the third in both the yoel and rockhold fight.

Throwing a horrible kick and not being able to do anything from the bottom against luke doesn't help his case.

Romero beat him in the second and showed his wrestling is world's beyond Chris. And he I'd Chris less then 30 seconds into the third. Again doesn't help his case.

Doesn't mean he's "done" it just means he's not the best at middleweight.

Back