Elections All but one Top Political Leader in the UK and Ireland are (part) South Asian or Black

Pretty much.

If the local population is electing them, what's the point of this thread?

I suppose to inform us that South Asians and people with African ancestry can win elections. But is that really news?

Sunak literally won't call an election is being lambasted for it.
0_TOPSHOT-BRITAIN-POLITICS-VOTE-ELECTION.jpg

So no, the majority of them aren't elected.

Prime Minister of the UK - Rishi Sunak - ethnic Indian and practising Hindu

Chancellor-of-the-Exchequer-Rishi-Sunak-2022.jpg

First Minister of Scotland - Humza Yousaf - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Humza-Yousaf-First-Minister-Scotland-2023.jpg

Impending First Minister of Wales - Vaughan Gething - half Zambian

98b2d4b0cd2b9cc9e3745c37fd13a4c0Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzEwNjcwNDAy-2.59622052.jpg

First Minister of Northern Ireland - Michelle O'Neill - many of her relatives are or were members of the PIRA

2022-ni-assembly-election-13

Mayor of London - Sadiq Khan - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

Prime Minister of Ireland - Leo Varadkhar - half Indian and also gay

273af62012d2350c4e20f3bae856fe17Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNzAxMzQ5OTcx-2.74648362.jpg

Vaughan Gething has just won the Welsh Labour Leadership election, and is expected to replace the ethnically Welsh Mark Drakeford on Wednesday. So technically the thread headline isn't correct until then but I kept it brief. He will be the first 'Black' leader of a European country (although Wales is not an independent country).

If you want to look at the UK Cabinet, here they are. They are mostly ethnically British, although the Home Secretary, which is a very senior position, is not, nor was his predecessor. The Home Secretary is James Cleverly, who is half Sierra-Leonian.

800px-James_Cleverly_Official_Cabinet_Portrait%2C_November_2023_%28cropped%29.jpg

I also haven't included the King or the President of Ireland, Michael Higgins as those are basically ceremonial roles, unless you believe in conspiracy theories.

2021 England & Wales Census:

Indian: 3.1%
Pakistani: 2.7%
Mixed White/Black African: 0.4%

The ethnicity results from Scotland's last census, in 2022, are not out yet, but we have the data from 2011:

2.7% of Scotland's population identified as Asian, Asian Scottish or Asian British.

Doing the numbers for O'Neill was a bit of a formality but here goes:

1.png
Same goes for mayor of pretty much every major city in the UK too.

The mayors of almost every major city in the US are black with a couple Asian or hispanic. NYC, DC, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Milwaukee, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas. Portland still has that cuck that got bullied out of his own house by antifa, Houston just replaced their black mayor with a divorced white lib this year, and Phoenix has that divorced Jewish lady.

@Ares Black These guys in other threads are like:

"I don't see race, if you're an american, that's all that matters"

Who are the "these guys" you're quoting that told you they don't even notice dems playing identity politics?

Lol at not even quoting the post directly, and instead tagging some guy you're trying to impress who didn't even post in this thread.

<Oku02>

So 1 out of 7?
No, the direct answer to the question is '100'. In 2024 a British or Irish politician who says 'racism is not a problem' is probably unelectable, and if an MP did start saying that he would probably be removed from his post and have his mainstream political career ended within a couple of weeks.

The furthest right party in the UK or Ireland is Reform (1 MP in the UK), and their ethnic policy is 'zero net immigration'.

They're completely useless at their jobs and are constantly looking to undermine the majority population. No different from any white politician.

Yep, sounds like they're doing their jobs properly at least.

If they are looking out for he best interests of all citizens and not over stepping their power, then I don't see the problem.
What matters is who runs the show, less so who the public face is.

On some Alt Right forums I've seen commenters say that some of these S.Asian and Black lawmakers stand up for preserving Western White culture even as Whites won't. The former UK Home Secretaries (Priti Patel and Suella Braverman) both took hardlines on immigration.

Bravermann was against BLM protests and is staunchly pro Israel. She demonized Pro Palestinian protesters and criticized senior Police officers for not banning the protests. She also wants to make anti Israel boycotts illegal.

She was against a trade deal with India, saying it might lead to more Indian immigration to Britain. She was fired as Home Sec. because many people said her incendiary comments against the cops and pro Palestinian protesters emboldened Tommy Robinson supporters to attack cops and try to instigate shit with pro Palestinian protesters, in order to get the protests shut down. Braverman is anti free speech and against peacefull assembly, when said speech and protests conflicts with her ideological sympathies.

Last edited:
Same goes for mayor of pretty much every major city in the UK too.

I checked the ten biggest cities by this list (I know there can be a lot of disagreement about where one city ends and a neighbouring town begins):

(1) London - Sadiq Khan - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

(2) Birmingham - Chaman Lal - ethnic Indian, born in India and practising Sikh (although there seems to be a dispute within the British South Asian community that he is sympathetic to Hindus lol)

Blue-Photo-Modern-Listing-Presentation-2023-05-29T220018.990.jpg

(3) Liverpool - Mary Rasmussen - ethnic Irish (her parents immigrated)

E6U9uyLXsAINplV.jpg:large

(4) Nottingham - Carole McCulloch - not much info about her - looks a bit Irish.

Carole-McCulloch-at-Asple-008.jpg

I couldn't resist checking the Sheriff too, I know people want to know this.

How I pictured the Sheriff of Nottingham growing up:

94881ec179fc1d52740c67e71efc5b5a.jpg

The actual Sheriff of Nottingham:

Sheriff-2023.jpg

Sheriff Shuguftah Quddoos - ethnic Pakistani. She used to be an equalities practitioner.

(5) Sheffield - Colin Ross - Brit

53361807610_9762f17758_b.jpg

(6) Bristol - Marvin Rees - half [black] Jamaican

Marvin_Rees-Co.jpg

(7) Glasgow - Jacqueline McClaren - Brit

0_Screenshot-2022-11-11-at-192820.png

(8) Leicester - Peter Soulsby - Brit

999.jpg

(9) Edinburgh - Robert Aldridge - Brit

b25lY21zOmI0Y2EyY2I0LWZkZDUtNDgwNC05MmVkLTQ2NWM4MjE5ZjQ3Mjo4M2Y5NDU1YS1iZDIxLTQ5ODUtYjQyZi03MzJjNzY3MDg5NWM=.jpg

(10) Leeds - Al Garthwaite - Brit - unclear sexuality

alison-garthwaite-jan-2012.jpg

Seven British/Irish, three not.

That's strange. Every elected Canadian Prime Minister has been a white male (the next one will be too) and every current premier except one is white. The other is Native.

That's strange. Every elected Canadian Prime Minister has been a white male (the next one will be too) and every current premier except one is white. The other is Native.
On the plus side, all of your monarchs have been non-Canadian so you're ticking a diversity box there.

The mayor of my city is the whitest guy imaginable.

2022-11-01-mark-sutcliffe-selection-1-confirmed-(1).png

Mark Sutcliffe. I have no opinion on him either way.

Here's the previous one. Jim Watson, tied with Sutcliffe for first place in the Whitest Guy in the World contest.

I checked the ten biggest cities by this list (I know there can be a lot of disagreement about where one city ends and a neighbouring town begins):

(1) London - Sadiq Khan - ethnic Pakistani and practising Muslim

Sadiq-Khan.jpg

(2) Birmingham - Chaman Lal - ethnic Indian, born in India and practising Sikh (although there seems to be a dispute within the British South Asian community that he is sympathetic to Hindus lol)

Blue-Photo-Modern-Listing-Presentation-2023-05-29T220018.990.jpg

(3) Liverpool - Mary Rasmussen - ethnic Irish (her parents immigrated)

E6U9uyLXsAINplV.jpg:large

(4) Nottingham - Carole McCulloch - not much info about her - looks a bit Irish.

Carole-McCulloch-at-Asple-008.jpg

I couldn't resist checking the Sheriff too, I know people want to know this.

How I pictured the Sheriff of Nottingham growing up:

94881ec179fc1d52740c67e71efc5b5a.jpg

The actual Sheriff of Nottingham:

Sheriff-2023.jpg

Sheriff Shuguftah Quddoos - ethnic Pakistani. She used to be an equalities practitioner.

(5) Sheffield - Colin Ross - Brit

53361807610_9762f17758_b.jpg

(6) Bristol - Marvin Rees - half [black] Jamaican

Marvin_Rees-Co.jpg

(7) Glasgow - Jacqueline McClaren - Brit

0_Screenshot-2022-11-11-at-192820.png

(8) Leicester - Peter Soulsby - Brit

999.jpg

(9) Edinburgh - Robert Aldridge - Brit

b25lY21zOmI0Y2EyY2I0LWZkZDUtNDgwNC05MmVkLTQ2NWM4MjE5ZjQ3Mjo4M2Y5NDU1YS1iZDIxLTQ5ODUtYjQyZi03MzJjNzY3MDg5NWM=.jpg

(10) Leeds - Al Garthwaite - Brit - unclear sexuality

alison-garthwaite-jan-2012.jpg

Seven British/Irish, three not.
" looks a bit irish"..whats your issue with british people who have irish ethnic roots?

What matters is who runs the show, less so who the public face is.

On some Alt Right forums I've seen commenters say that some of these S.Asian and Black lawmakers stand up for preserving Western White culture even as Whites won't. The former UK Home Secretaries (Priti Patel and Suella Braverman) both took hardlines on immigration.

Bravermann was against BLM protests and is staunchly pro Israel. She demonized Pro Palestinian protesters and criticized senior Police officers for not banning the protests. She also wants to make anti Israel boycotts illegal.

She was against a trade deal with India, saying it might lead to more Indian immigration to Britain. She was fired as Home Sec. because many people said her incendiary comments against the cops and pro Palestinian protesters emboldened Tommy Robinson supporters to attack cops and try to instigate shit with pro Palestinian protesters, in order to get the protests shut down. Braverman is anti free speech and against peacefull assembly, when said speech and protests conflicts with her ideological sympathies.

Immigration has gone through the roof under the Tories and nothing has changed with more of these 'BAME' in charge. It's all for show.

I'm kind of alone on this one but this is proof that, in general, racism/xenophobia is worse in Europe than in the US.

Of course American conservatives care about race, but they tolerate a few nonwhites as long as they're touting right wing political points. In fact, they love nonwhite conservatives, especially if they're outspoken and aggressive about it (See?? This black guy says that black people just need to get their shit together!)

European right wingers have a harder time with ethnic diversity, let alone racial diversity. I can barely tolerate my Catholic neighbors, now I gotta put up with this... Cameroonian or whatever, walking around with dreads and speaking his gibberish?? *fuming*

Being a country of immigrants from the outset has its advantages.

Sunak and Yousef are only where they are after being engineered into the top spots following the knifing of their predecessors. Both will be out at the next election.

I don't fancy Varadkars chances in the next election after the damage he has done to Ireland.

Back