All Respect Lost for Rogan Tonight

I made it up and I'm a liar, huh?

Saying that the best "genetic combination" between white and black parents is that you get the "mind of a white man" is equivalent to saying that black brains are inferior to white brains; then contextualizing that racist thought with the follow up that black people just have "different brains" removes all doubt and excuse that he's a classical racist. Rogan was 44 years old when he said this so being "young and dumb" also isn't an excuse.

Rogan never apologized or acknowledged what he said in this episode, he simply tried scrubbing the entire episode off the internet hoping people wouldn't bring it back up, which hardly suggests that "he has changed".

You get my respect. I didn't know all that. But I mean he's saying black people are physically gifted right. So by doing that is he saying white people are physically inferior. I don't think so.

I think he's saying black people are exceptionally gifted, not saying white people are weak. So by him saying mind of a white man, I take it to Mena he's saying whites accel at academics or are just more cunning not saying blacks are dumb

it could just be ignorant stereotypes or I could be wrong and Joe is just nuts

and yeah I know Joe is an older guy but still cut him some slack, no matter how old he gets he's still human, he's never gonna be perfect and he will say the wrong thing sometimes and this looks around the time he made the planet of the apes comment so he probably has changed from his racist ways of seeing black people as apes

Back