All Things Golf

Played an 18 with some buddies yesterday. Probably the best round of my life. We played scramble on the back 9 though, as the course was closing soon.

I gotta go to a range and really practice my shots though.

Played Saturday afternoon. Shot 38 on the front including an eagle 2 from 150 yards on #9 but then stank it up on the back and ended up shooting 80. Probably only my 5th eagle ever. I think I have more eagles on par 4s than I do par 5s.

How far do you guys hit the ball?

My average drive on regular fairways goes around 255 yards

About the same for me. I can rip it if I hit the center of the clubface unfortunately I rarely do. I hit a couple on Saturday around 275.

I can get in the 280-290 range if I'm feeling it. Usually around 250-260 though.

Played Saturday afternoon. Shot 38 on the front including an eagle 2 from 150 yards on #9 but then stank it up on the back and ended up shooting 80. Probably only my 5th eagle ever. I think I have more eagles on par 4s than I do par 5s.

Holed it from 150? Nice! I’ve only had one eagle, was a chip in on a par 5. A few weeks ago I went driver 3 iron and hit a par 5 in two, but just missed that eagle putt. Tap in for bird is always nice though.

a few weeks ago I holed one out from about 80 yards. it was an elevated green so none of us saw it land.
when the four of us got up there, the ball was nowhere to be seen. I was pissed and started to look in the back bunker thinking it went long. as I'm walking past the hole, I look down and there it was in the cup.
felt awesome, plus we play $100 for an ace and $50 for an eagle. so I picked up $150 bucks as well.
(I bought lunch for everyone though, just to be nice)

Had two hole-in-ones, but not in competition

1st one was witnessed by a random guy that I got the number of so I could refer to him whenever someone thought I was lying

2nd one no one saw, but there was a guy who teed off on a tee box that was about 30m from the green, so I ran up to him and asked him if he saw it and he said no.

so, let me get this straight.
you just activated this account today with a total of 4 posts
and you already have 2 holes in 1?
I'm speechless

Tiger is doing fairly well. He has me believing he'll get another major or two before it's all said and done.

slow your roll there, jimbo.

he hasn't even won a regular event yet, and missed the cut in multiple majors.

I think he's great for the game and I hope he improves and actually wins again.

but I'm not holding my breath.

How far do you guys hit the ball?

My average drive on regular fairways goes around 255 yards
I either drive 320yds straight down the pipe or 150yds straight/100yds right. 3W/5W/3I/4I aren't any better.

5I-8I are fairly reliable and my 9I/PW/putter are pretty solid but I wish I could say I drove even 250 on the fairway every time. Then I'd actually be a decent golfer.

Anyway good to see Tiger in contention for a PGA Championship. Really looking like it may come down to who has the best Sunday.

Tiger is doing fairly well. He has me believing he'll get another major or two before it's all said and done.
I think if he's going to win it's gotta tomorrow with a possible second relatively soon. He's going to injure his back again, it's just a matter of time. And at some point the witch craft he uses to recover will stop working.

ESPN is pathetic they have a fat bearded guy who follows woods around.. they show no respect to other golfers. It’s like there is no golf without tiger woods.

please take this non sports topic to Mayberry, guys.

slow your roll there, jimbo.

he hasn't even won a regular event yet, and missed the cut in multiple majors.

I think he's great for the game and I hope he improves and actually wins again.

but I'm not holding my breath.

He's right there with the leaders on a course with favorable weather conditions. If anything, I figured the PGA would be the most difficult of the 4 for him to win at this point. We'll see how he does today though. If he craps out, I may change my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back