All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
It was shut down for a little bit because of covid. He closed shop completely and that wasn't because of covid.
It was 100% due to COVID-19. If not for COVID-19, there would have been a season two.

He did it for the same reason Owen Hart died..... to save money.

Even Meltzer said it.
I don't think you comprehend the financial loss COVID-19 created. When the league was suspended, the XFL still owed significant sums of money on it's stadium leases, and many, many other contracts, but no longer had any revenue to pay it. No fans in the stands equals no revenue from ticket sales, and no games on television means no advertising revenue from sponsors. The multitude of millions of dollars of debt mounted very quickly, and the league's calculated budget was a complete bust.

In addition, the WWE suffered tremendously from a lack of revenue due to COVID-19, and the WWE's profitability was directly tied to the XFL. Without enough profits generating from the WWE, Vince couldn't afford to financially back the XFL anymore.

Last edited:
It was 100% due to COVID-19. If not for COVID-19, there would have been a season two.

I don't think you comprehend the financial loss COVID-19 created. When the league was suspended, the XFL still owed significant sums of money on it's stadium leases, and many, many other contracts, but no longer had any revenue to pay it. No fans in the stands equals no revenue from ticket sales, and no games on television means no advertising revenue from sponsors. The multitude of millions of dollars of debt mounted very quickly, and the league's calculated budget was a complete bust.

In addition, the WWE suffered tremendously from a lack of revenue due to COVID-19, and the WWE's profitability was directly tied to the XFL. Without enough profits generating from the WWE, Vince couldn't afford to financially back the XFL anymore.
Vince MacMahon shut it down for his own selfish needs breaking contracts. He owes a bunch of people a bunch of money. Maybe you should go read what Meltzer and Alvarez said.

Bryan and Dave go over the details behind the lawsuit former XFL commissioner Oliver Luck filed against Vince McMahon this week, which indicates the only person benefiting from the league’s demise is...three guesses.

Here is just a piece. The XFL wasn't shut down simply because of covid. Get a free membership and read the entire piece.

Last edited:
Vince MacMahon shut it down for his own selfish needs breaking contracts. He owes a bunch of people a bunch of money. Maybe you should go read what Meltzer and Alvarez said.

Bryan and Dave go over the details behind the lawsuit former XFL commissioner Oliver Luck filed against Vince McMahon this week, which indicates the only person benefiting from the league’s demise is...three guesses.

Here is just a piece. The XFL wasn't shut down simply because of covid. Get a free membership and read the entire piece.

That is what corporate bankruptcies look like. That video doesn't dispute anything I said. The losses due to COVID-19 are the reason he declared bankruptcy. The loses prior to the shut down from COVID-19 were minimal for a start-up football league (as stated in the video you posted). It was losses incurred after the COVID-19 shut down that prompted Vince to declare bankruptcy to minimize his losses. If not for COVID-19, we would be seeing a season 2.

I am not arguing the ethics of what Vince did. It happens all the time in corporate bankruptcies.

That is what corporate bankruptcies look like. That video doesn't dispute anything I said. The losses due to COVID-19 are the reason he declared bankruptcy. The loses prior to the shut down from COVID-19 were minimal for a start-up football league (as stated in the video you posted). It was losses incurred after the COVID-19 shut down that prompted Vince to declare bankruptcy to minimize his losses. If not for COVID-19, we would be seeing a season 2.

I am not arguing the ethics of what Vince did. It happens all the time in corporate bankruptcies.
He is not going bankrupt. He literally screwed everyone involved for his own selfish needs. I'm not sure how you aren't seeing this. Seriously, get a free membership to wrestling observer and see what Meltzer says.

He is not going bankrupt.
Of course not. A corporate bankruptcy is not the same thing as a personal bankruptcy.
He literally screwed everyone involved for his own selfish needs.
He screwed them because he isn't going to personally pay the tens or hundreds of millions that his corporation owes. That is why you have corporate bankruptcies. When the company (and all of its assets are sold) that money gets prioritized and paid to the debtors (the people to whom that the company owes money). You might care to educate yourself on what a corporate bankruptcy is, and why it exists. The ethics of corporate bankruptcies is not related to my point though. My point was that COVID-19 is the cause of the XFL's corporate bankruptcy, and that is true.
I'm not sure how you aren't seeing this.
I have thoroughly explained it to you. I have a very clear understanding of what is occurring and what I was referencing. I was not referencing the ethics of a corporate bankruptcy.
Seriously, get a free membership to wrestling observer and see what Meltzer says.
A membership to wrestling observer would be totally irrelevant to me.

Last edited:
Of course not. A corporate bankruptcy is not the same thing as a personal bankruptcy.

He screwed them because he isn't going to personally pay the tens or hundreds of millions that his corporation owes. That is why you have corporate bankruptcies. When the the company (and all of its assets are sold) that money gets prioritized and paid to the debtors (the people that the company owes money). You might care to educate yourself on what a corporate bankruptcy is, and why it exists. The ethics of corporate bankruptcies is not related to my point though. My point was that COVID-19 is the cause of the corporate bankruptcy, and that is true.

I have thoroughly explained it to you. I have very clear understanding of what is occurring and what I was referencing. I was not referencing the ethics of a corporate bankruptcy.

A membership to wrestling observer would be totally irrelevant to me.
Jesus man. Listen to Meltzer, you are assuming.

Maybe a stable billionaire genius will buy it?
I kind of suspected that Disney and Fox might bid for the XFL months ago. They probably made money off of the XFL because they received the majority of the advertising revenue from television and only had to put up production costs for the broadcasts. Fox and Disney are among the 20 current bidders:
https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/exclusive-fox-disney-interested-in-buying-xfl/

I would rather see other sports owners (from the MLB and NHL) buy the XFL. I think other Sports owners will understand the product best and give fans what they want.

Last edited:
I kind of suspected that Disney and Fox might bid for the XFL months ago. They probably made money off of the XFL because they received the majority of the advertising revenue from television and only had to put up production costs for the broadcasts. Fox and Disney are among the 20 current bidders:

I would rather see other sports owners (from the MLB, NBA, and NHL) buy the XFL. I think other Sports owners will understand the product best and give fans what they want.

I'd like to see it be successful and I hope they can make a comeback. I can see that people who own teams already might try to grind them into the ground. I'd like to see someone actually do as you said and give us what we want.

I'd like to see it be successful and I hope they can make a comeback. I can see that people who own teams already might try to grind them into the ground. I'd like to see someone actually do as you said and give us what we want.
Yeah, 100% agree.

I would rather see other sports owners (from the MLB, NBA, and NHL) buy the XFL. I think other Sports owners will understand the product best and give fans what they want.

God save us Vince Neal.

I hope someone smart buys and revives it. The first few games were pretty ugly, but were getting better as teams started to mesh and coaches worked out the kinks in their schemes. It'd be nice to have a spring/summer league to scratch the itch while the NFL is on vacation.

Back