All Time GOAT poll

He’s not.

GSP isn’t either do to tapping and quitting to strikes. That’s an automatic disqualification!

I can guarantee you that all three Jones brothers have been on the juice since highschool at least. That shit starts in highschool football and locker rooms. Even 20 years ago, I was offered roids by my coach to "fill out faster" lol. Good post.
If you’re willing to take recreational drugs that have no performance benefit but could get you suspended then PED’s are a no brainer.

Jon’s PED usage is such a double edged sword. Even DC said that he was so talented, he didn’t need to take PED. If Jon had just been more dedicated to living a quieter life, he would have been able to perform to his PED usage standards. The PED’s allowed him to live the high life and fight at his peak. Unfortunately though, he took them. And now forever has the black mark on his career. The mental instability of guys like jones or mike Tyson creates the biggest “what if?” Guys who are so talented, that if they were able to have the mental strength of someone like khabib. It wouldn’t even be a question of who the goat is. But I guess that’s why the GOAT conversation is so vast.

yeah jones didn't need to take ped to fight. but to win the fights he did? yeah obviously he needed them. even more obvious in the close fights he lost/won.

Bones popped so he's not the GOAT? That's nonsense.

Jon Jones is the best fighter of the 2010s, and he's in the conversation with Fedor (the GOAT of the 2000s) for the best fighter ever.

Bones popped for PEDs 9 years after his first MMA fight and in the meantime defended the LHW belt 8 times and destroyed some huge names like Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Belfort, etc.

Just because somebody popped for PEDs in one match can not be an argument to discriminated their amazing achievements.

Anybody watching Bones in the early 2010s clearly remembers the sheer violence this guy did with his wrestling & GNP.

These are facts. 💯

Seems to me the “Is Jon GOAT” debate is getting stale. The reason is pretty easy to see. Fans who say PED violations disqualify a fighter from GOAT status reject Jon outright. Opposed to them are fans who say that Jon’s performance alone establishes that he is GOAT, regardless of PEDs.

(I’m talking about LHW GOAT or the more generic “one of the GOATs”. Either way as I’m framing it.)

So how about this:

Any Sherdoggers willing to say that PEDs are a negative, a mark against possible GOAT status, but that ON BALANCE, Jon is still GOAT?

Alternatively, any Sherdoggers who are honestly willing to overlook PED violations but say, “Hey, Jon STILL ain’t GOAT”?

The problem is that you cant overlook cheating. He himself has stated that he hid from testing and literally slept under the cage in their gym before the first cormier fight. It is what it is. Did he need to cheat? Probably not. He did however, multiple times most likely and it tarnishes his career.

The craziest part is that Dana may have helped blanket situations or cover things up.

Bones popped so he's not the GOAT? That's nonsense.

Jon Jones is the best fighter of the 2010s, and he's in the conversation with Fedor (the GOAT of the 2000s) for the best fighter ever.

Bones popped for PEDs 9 years after his first MMA fight and in the meantime defended the LHW belt 8 times and destroyed some huge names like Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Belfort, etc.

Just because somebody popped for PEDs in one match can not be an argument to discriminated their amazing achievements.

Anybody watching Bones in the early 2010s clearly remembers the sheer violence this guy did with his wrestling & GNP.

These are facts. 💯

He was actually busted twice. 3 times if you count the cocaine and apparent "dick pills" scenario. If someone was caught 2 or 3 times, its very likely they did it and were not caught or tested before. Considering his addictive nature with substances and his sociopathic personality, I wouldnt doubt for a second that hes been cheating for a lot longer than anyone really knows.

As I said before, he is a naturally gifted fighter with high fight IQ. Unfortunately he has also had some very close decisions that could have gone the other way and he apparently got caught around both his cormier fights. We seen how those played out. Coincidence?

If Jones isn't GOAT then it's Silva, GSP or Fedor.

It's literally that simple.

Those are your options. Pick one.

Guys with 1 or 2 title defences don't even qualify for this debate -- sorry.

That said, imo JBJ is clearly the GOAT.
If you wanna exclude him for the PED accusations then you'll need to exclude a huge portion of the roster to begin with.

If you wanna exclude him for the PED accusations then you'll need to exclude a huge portion of the roster to begin with.
That's fine, and that's why the GOAT is the GOAT. If you're picking the best person to ever do something, does a cheater ever count?
Mike Tyson thinks PED usage in combat sports should be criminal, but he isn't against it anywhere else. I think it's a reasonable position, just like it's a reasonable position saying that the greatest to ever do it doesn't need roids.

And fedor lost to Arona. Can play these dumb games as well but on both official record they say wins. Jones is the goat, no argument, just dumb filthy haters.
Yeah if that Arona fight was in Pride, Fedor probably loses that fight.

But it was in Rings, I love Fedor but when your bring up shit like the Reyes fight and then in return don't mention this one I seriously have to question the bias of people.

Yeah if that Arona fight was in Pride, Fedor probably loses that fight.

But it was in Rings, I love Fedor but when your bring up shit like the Reyes fight and then in return don't mention this one I seriously have to question the bias of people.

Fedor would have got demolished in the cage against actual UFC guys, I mean he was getting his ass kicked by Maldonando, 2x Bader (who Jones fucked up beyond belief), Meathead, etc.

On a more serious note, who is that thiccy in your av?

Fedor would have got demolished in the cage against actual UFC guys, I mean he was getting his ass kicked by Maldonando, 2x Bader (who Jones fucked up beyond belief), Meathead, etc.

On a more serious note, who is that thiccy in your av?
I think Fedor probably would have been able to get a top 5 ranking within UFC but he probably couldn't repeat his run from before imo. He was great in his prime that cant be contested.

Check my profile name is on there

The Jon on PEDs argument is funny to me.

"He's cheating"

Something like 8 of Jon's opponents have all popped for PED use themselves. And Brandon Vera has never been popped before but has been a vocal advocate for PED use in the past.

Lyoto Machida popped dirty.
Nate Diaz had a tainted test disappear. (https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/11/nate-diaz-discusses-ufc-244-drug-test-fiasco)
On at least 2 occasions the UFC let a fighter they knew failed a pre fight test fight anyway. (Vitor vs Jon and Brock vs Hunt)

Get over it. PEDs built MMA into what it is today.

And if we want to crown someone the king of steroids then his name is Josh Barnett.

Jones had the possibility of being the GOAT. The PEDs disqualifies him from ever being that, but besides that, the fact that he always fought so dirty is another mark against him. I know people will defend it, but the fact is - Jon is the only fighter in newer times that forced UFC to change their rules because he was fighting so dirty (I believe only 2 other fighters have the same honor - Keith Hackney and the nut shots on Joe Son, and Tank when he tried to throw his opponent over the top of the octagon).

Then the fact that Jon has had the physical advantage on all but maybe 1 of his opponents. This is not really Jon's fault - he is what scientists would come up with in a laboratory if they wanted to build the perfect fighter.

What Jon could do to prove himself in my eyes, is fight some worthy opponents at HW where his physical advantage wont be the determining factor in a fight. I am not really impressed with the Gane win - a wrestler against a point fighter with zero grappling skills*shrug*. Stipe is a fantastic fighter, and had it been 5-6 years ago, it would be a great match-up. Now Stipe has fought 4 times in 6 years - losing 2 of those fights.

Conspiracy theory : I have said this before, and here it is again - I believe Jon has been on steroids since he was a kid/teenager. We know both Jon's brothers make millions in the NFL, and got busted for juicing. With the way we know Jon, what is the chance he did not juice? Knowing his brothers, what is the chance they did not help him do it?

Sounds to me like jones was fighting legally, the ufc had to change rules to nerf him, and he’s still never lost. GOAT.

Costa is beefier than GSP , competed most of his UFC career under USADA and never popped.

Is he roided as well?
Come on dog.
What do you think?

Even Costa takes the piss about it

I named a few who have never popped, want me to name more?

DC's test number were "normal" at UFC 182 (pre USADA), while Jones' were "highly suspicious"

That's your problem right there.

Jones didn't prove he can beat high caliber competition with proper drug testing. DC has though.

You tried to be all scientific talking about jones and him weighing 217, and that Rashad was bigger than him and all that stuff and now you’ve given up on that and started saying I’m crying
Go watch some jones highlights fanboy
scientific?
Jones was 217lbs and 23 when he fought Shogun

Weights and ages are , scientific?

<WhatIsThis>

I think Fedor probably would have been able to get a top 5 ranking within UFC but he probably couldn't repeat his run from before imo. He was great in his prime that cant be contested.

Check my profile name is on there
God damn she’s a stallion! Nice find…

Back