• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Announcement Promo for Netflix's New Sci-Fi Series ALTERED CARBON

Based on the award-winning novel, Altered Carbon takes place in a future where the human mind can now be digitized and downloaded into a "cortical stack" and placed into new bodies, called sleeves. The series follows Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), who is brought back to life centuries later to investigate the attempted murder of Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy), the wealthiest man on Earth. As the investigation progresses, Kovacs comes to learn that his past isn’t nearly as buried as he thought. The series debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

2rxwp68.gif

Think I'll read the book again

I don't like the sound of Kinnamon as Kovacs but I've only ever seen the dude in Suicide Squad so I gotta give him a chance. It looks like he beefed up for this role which is good

Looks like it's got dat strong cyberpunk aesthetic. Looks high production

Ok I'm in. Looks expensive as shit to make. I Like the main character he was in another show I used to watch.

Fingers crossed they live up to the novel.

Looks good, it looks better than your average sci fy channel fare

I am looking forward to this! I thought the trailer looked great and I like the premise.

Announcement Teaser for Netflix's New Sci-Fi Series ALTERED CARBON

Based on the award-winning novel, Altered Carbon takes place in a future where the human mind can now be digitized and downloaded into a "cortical stack" and placed into new bodies, called sleeves. The series follows Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), who is brought back to life centuries later to investigate the attempted murder of Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy), the wealthiest man on Earth. As the investigation progresses, Kovacs comes to learn that his past isn’t nearly as buried as he thought. The series debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

Honestly, "i came" as fast i can when i saw this post

Yessssss!!!!

Hope they keep the graphic violence and sex that made it a solid adult sci-fi novel.

Update: December 11, 2017

Teaser Trailer for Netflix's ALTERED CARBON Starring Joel Kinnaman

In the future, human minds are digitized and downloaded from body to body. Last night, the wealthiest man on Earth, Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy) was murdered. To investigate his death, he brings back ex-Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman / Will Yun Lee) and in exchange, Bancroft offers Kovacs the chance to live again. The series debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

2rxwp68.gif

Think I'll read the book again

I don't like the sound of Kinnamon as Kovacs but I've only ever seen the dude in Suicide Squad so I gotta give him a chance. It looks like he beefed up for this role which is good

Looks like it's got dat strong cyberpunk aesthetic. Looks high production
Kinnaman is a badass but he's not really how I saw Kovacs either.

TBH the fact we're getting an adaptation at all, let alone a big-budget Netflix one, is enough for me to set aside many reservations up front.

Can't wait for this. I really hope they do the book justice.

I'm looking forward to this show and hoping it lives up to the book. Based on the character list for the show, it looks like they're deviating a bit, but that might not be a bad thing.

This is coming to Netflix in Feb. The visuals are obviously heavily inspired by Blade Runner.

I'll definitely check it out.

@TheRuthlessOne, heads up.

The book is incredible. Probably the GOAT cyberpunk book tbh. I'll finally sign up for Netflix once this drops

Back