• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Television ALTERED CARBON (Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie)

Yes Netflix had a big head start but Amazon have unlimited money.

If I look at what I watch and what's coming up that I want to watch, there's a lot more Netflix than Amazon.
Good Omens is one and done as Pratchett and Gaiman didn't write a 2nd book (although Gaiman says they talked about it). I enjoyed the show but I read the book just after it came out and the book is better (but they always are).
The Lord of the Rings series, I'll wait and see. I've read all of the Tolkien books so I suspect they'll be better than the show too but that doesn't mean the show will be bad, as I've said for me book are always better..

Every month there's a Netflix show I want to watch. Altered Carbon last month, Ozark this month. That's not the case for Amazon (yet).

Altered Carbon: Resleeved is out the 19th March, that might be interesting.

Didn't realize Ozark was coming back already. Very nice.

Yes Netflix had a big head start but Amazon have unlimited money.

If I look at what I watch and what's coming up that I want to watch, there's a lot more Netflix than Amazon.
Good Omens is one and done as Pratchett and Gaiman didn't write a 2nd book (although Gaiman says they talked about it). I enjoyed the show but I read the book just after it came out and the book is better (but they always are).
The Lord of the Rings series, I'll wait and see. I've read all of the Tolkien books so I suspect they'll be better than the show too but that doesn't mean the show will be bad, as I've said for me book are always better..

Every month there's a Netflix show I want to watch. Altered Carbon last month, Ozark this month. That's not the case for Amazon (yet).

Altered Carbon: Resleeved is out the 19th March, that might be interesting.
The Tolkien show is not based on any of the books
Mostly I just download what I want to watch since its spread out over multiple streaming services

Season 2 is light years beyond in writing, acting and cohesion. I liked the first season a good deal, as I'm a sucker for Science Fiction, but the second season is really good.

Watched the first episode and the black guy doesn't seem like takeshi at all.

The character used to be funny and witty, now he's all moody and serious.

Really lame

They explain it throughout other episodes in regards to stack jumps and how it effects the soul. It's been some time since the first season. The death of his sibling has something to do with it.

I still prefer the first iteration of the character but Mackie is good in what the season asks of Tak.

They explain it throughout other episodes in regards to stack jumps and how it effects the soul. It's been some time since the first season. The death of his sibling has something to do with it.

I still prefer the first iteration of the character but Mackie is good in what the season asks of Tak.

Nah, that's horseshit. We have seen plenty of people in the show swap sleeves and they didn't completely change their personality.

Hes also meant to be a fucking envoy with a super powerful mind (the whole plot of the season is based around this concept), yet he can't handle jumping stacks twice?

Stop making excuses for bad writing and bad acting/directing.

The Tolkien show is not based on any of the books
Mostly I just download what I want to watch since its spread out over multiple streaming services

That's a strange thing to say as it's set in Middle Earth in the 2nd Age.
Sure it's not the 3rd Age when The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are set but the books existing limit some of what they can do. Sauron has to lose because he does, the Númenorians have to win because they do.
It's not a direct dramatisation of any of the books but it's very much based on them (The Silmarillion covers a lot of the time period and so does The Unfinished Tales) so certain things have to happen and can't happen as they're mentioned in the books. They don't have a free reign to do anything they want to.

That's a strange thing to say as it's set in Middle Earth in the 2nd Age.
Sure it's not the 3rd Age when The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings are set but the books existing limit some of what they can do. Sauron has to lose because he does, the Númenorians have to win because they do.
It's not a direct dramatisation of any of the books but it's very much based on them (The Silmarillion covers a lot of the time period and so does The Unfinished Tales) so certain things have to happen and can't happen as they're mentioned in the books. They don't have a free reign to do anything they want to.
I meant it's not based on any of the regular books. Hobbit and lotr are 3rd age and silmarillion is primarily the first age. Sure there are notes and unfinished scripts and we know in general how things turn out but they are not using any specific book to base the show on.

Watched the first episode and the black guy doesn't seem like takeshi at all.

The character used to be funny and witty, now he's all moody and serious.

Really lame
The only explanation (outside of Mackie wanted to play the character differently) is that Tak is worn down after 30 years of being spun up and spending 51 million credits chasing a ghost.

Though he was still a smart ass after Stronghold fell and the love of his life died, so that still seems like a stretch.

The only explanation (outside of Mackie wanted to play the character differently) is that Tak is worn down after 30 years of being spun up and spending 51 million credits chasing a ghost.

Though he was still a smart ass after Stronghold fell and the love of his life died, so that still seems like a stretch.

its just bad acting/directing/writing

didnt fit the character at all.

Simone missick is bonertastic as usual . the lady singing in the opening scene went on way too long. the rhino chiappa being the default gun for futuristic dystopian shows is also getting cliche.

Last edited:
making takeshi a de facto tranny in the opening scene also seemed to be some sort of lgbt hidden agenda thing.

Loved season 1 couldn't get into season 2. Mackie is an absolute awful actor

It was an OK season. The first was a whole hell of a lot better. Mackie wasn’t bad.

I watched the first couple episodes of season 1

I thought it some of the worst shit I have ever seen and I never went back

I liked the first half of season 2, but I was so disappointed by the rest that right now I'm not even interested in a 3rd season.

Mac lie was not that bad, but the second season was not great. Not show killer bad though.
Expanse murders this show anyway.

Back