Am i missing something?

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...

Its not hard

Jones was the undefeated LHW champion and king...he moved up to HW and destroyed the last title challenger in Gane in under 20 seconds..the same Gane the last HW champion needed 5 rounds to beat...

Jones then wanted to fight Stipe who was the longest reigning HW champion when you consider number of title defenses... And was champion before Ngannou he even beat Ngannou the first time around...with a clinic of type performance after starting off rough...

Unfortunately Jones got injured and the fight that was signed to happen between Stipe and Jones was sidelined ..

The UFC in haste to save a PPV card decided to make a interim title fight with two random Contenders in which tom aspinall won and won impressively..

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next as arranged before the injury and then fight Tom...Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight...however... he's next fight isnt Jones...it cant be ...because the Stipe fight is the fight on the table for both Jones and Stipe...they both want it and both have major historical presence in the sport vs "interim" champion Aspinall...

Quite simply put...Tom Aspinall and his fans need to be quiet for abit as the Grown ups/ Big kids ( Jones and Stipe) are talking and playing first...you dont have the strength of schedule.. opponent or historical dominance to be posturing for a fight ahead of Jones vs Stipe...plus Tom has the golden ticket with the interim title no matter what the dude will be fighting for the real title in his next fight...

It is what it is - Max Holloway would agree..so should you

What if Jones tries to petition for Pereira like he already has? And what if they give Aspinall another fight and he loses?

What if Jones tries to petition for Pereira like he already has? And what if they give Aspinall another fight and he loses?

He's just saying Alex has more clout then Tom...he aint wrong either...

But hes not serious in fighting anyone but Stipe at the moment

UFC should have solved this by giving up Jones' belt to Aspinall instead of interim. Force him to fight to keep it, or still go with the legacy match.

Why would Jones have to give up his title? Why is being punished for getting hurt? Lol ... That he has to be forced to keep it when he was the undefeated long reigning LHW champion, and now HW champion... Many champions have been given the chance to recover from injury and keep their belts... U sound salty

Stipe got KO'd his last fight brutally and hasn't won a fight since 2020, these are pretty important details you're overlooking
Also Sergei was set as the replacement for Jones/Stipe for a while. They did this since he had multiple top five ranked wins(Lewis, Tai and Blaydes) so I wouldn't just call him a "random contender" considering he was the most deserving guy at the time.

However Stipe rejected Sergei when Jones pulled out which led to them calling up Aspinall, who then beat Sergei in impressive fashion.
The whole point behind an interim title bout is so the two champions(Jones and Aspinall) can fight to unify the belts, this is the obvious fight to make.

Why would Jones have to give up his title? Why is being punished for getting hurt? Lol ... That he has to be forced to keep it when he was the undefeated long reigning LHW champion, and now HW champion... Many champions have been given the chance to recover from injury and keep their belts... U sound salty

Salty? About what? I have no skin in the game at all lol and I actually like Jones

Jones is refusing to fight the interim champ. That is answer enough for why he should have given it up.

Why is Stipe getting a title shot after a 3 year layoff coming off a loss?

Lol how is it a duck...

Who has Aspinall beat really? ..

How does he stack up to Stipe Opponent wise...

Its not even close man...

I'm sure Tom is the guy to beat Jones right? Just like Gane was and is the Future of the HW division and there's no way Jones will beat him ..hes too small to compete with such a big HW ..ETC...

Stipe is probably the more entertaining fight , then Tom vs Jones anyways... Too many people sleeping on Stipe who BTW rocked Ngannou seconds before getting clipped himself

Jones fans want to see him fight top guys and make his legacy even greater bro. No one cares abt the stipe fight at all. Zero percent
I’d certainly like to see him against Alex or aspinall more than long lay off stipe, but any jones fight is a treat and his legacy as one of the greatest ever of any weight class is already secure.

Salty? About what? I have no skin in the game at all lol and I actually like Jones

Jones is refusing to fight the interim champ. That is answer enough for why he should have given it up.

Why is Stipe getting a title shot after a 3 year layoff coming off a loss?

Because Stipe was champion before Ngannou, and is the longest reigning HW champion in UFC history...

Aspinall is only interim champion because Jones got hurt?!?! Its made up title Dana used to sell a PPV ...if Jones never got hurt...Tom would still be headlining a fight night in England...and we would all be talking about Jones vs Stipe and how that fight wemt down

Because Stipe was champion before Ngannou, and is the longest reigning HW champion in UFC history...

Aspinall is only interim champion because Jones got hurt?!?! Its made up title Dana used to sell a PPV ...if Jones never got hurt...Tom would still be headlining a fight night in England...and we would all be talking about Jones vs Stipe and that fight wemt down

He got knocked the fuck out bro. And it was 3 years ago. And he hasn't fought since.

1309513434.0.jpg

Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...
Basically, they're snowflake crybabies because they believe that OMG ROIDS AND JUICE make you a better boxer, wrestler, fighter, grappler, etc. And they think that if you have real life problems, it means you're a bad person despite all these people themselves also having real life problems. I know they're going to have something to say about this post because they're guilty and know it. So they'll say anything to protect their own psyche. Just watch...

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next

Why exactly? He beat Gane who wasn't the champ. He's not any more credible of a champion than Aspinall and Stipe hasn't won a fight in 4 years so why exactly does that fight need to happen? We need to figure out who the best fighter in the UFC is and Jones v Aspinall would solve that.

Back