Am i missing something?

Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...

Its not hard

Jones was the undefeated LHW champion and king...he moved up to HW and destroyed the last title challenger in Gane in under 20 seconds..the same Gane the last HW champion needed 5 rounds to beat...

Jones then wanted to fight Stipe who was the longest reigning HW champion when you consider number of title defenses... And was champion before Ngannou he even beat Ngannou the first time around...with a clinic of type performance after starting off rough...

Unfortunately Jones got injured and the fight that was signed to happen between Stipe and Jones was sidelined ..

The UFC in haste to save a PPV card decided to make a interim title fight with two random Contenders in which tom aspinall won and won impressively..

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next as arranged before the injury and then fight Tom...Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight...however... he's next fight isnt Jones...it cant be ...because the Stipe fight is the fight on the table for both Jones and Stipe...they both want it and both have major historical presence in the sport vs "interim" champion Aspinall...

Quite simply put...Tom Aspinall and his fans need to be quiet for abit as the Grown ups/ Big kids ( Jones and Stipe) are talking and playing first...you dont have the strength of schedule.. opponent or historical dominance to be posturing for a fight ahead of Jones vs Stipe...plus Tom has the golden ticket with the interim title no matter what the dude will be fighting for the real title in his next fight...

It is what it is - Max Holloway would agree..so should you
In an ideal world, Aspinall is the true champion and Jones is the true broken one who is 'Conorzing' the heavyweight division. He should be stripped or vacate like Prochazka and Hill did.

We already went over the legal binding affect of oral contracts/agreements.
There is none here. Grow up. "His word" means shit in this business, where opponents, venues, timing, injuries, and the like throw off plans constantly. It's standard affair here. Pretending it isn't just let's people know you either don't watch much or don't pay attention when you do

An oral contract/agreement is a type of contract that is agreed to via spoken communication, but not written down and signed. Hence the reason, the term agreement and yes it is an agreement. Nothing fell through, it was postponed because of an injury. The card fell through but the agreement still stands and the fight was rebooked. It happens all the time in MMA and is not unusual or hard to understand. Jones made an agreement and is making good on that verbal agreement to fight Stipe.

Stop posting to me.
Is that like how Jones had agreed he would move up to HW back in 2014? I guess that was just "postponing" his "oral agreement" for a decade then.

Stop posting, period

Last edited:
U dont really believe this do you....according to Sherdog Gane was the one...now its Tom? Lol ..
I keep hearing this, but I'm fairly certain Sherdog was split at best.

Just checked a 300+ Sherdog poll that was
45% Gane
41% Jones
14% split

And Jones was the favorite with public betting being 2/3rds Jones, 1/3rd Gane.

We already went over the legal binding affect of oral contracts/agreements. Jon is honoring that previous contract he made. Jones can break his oral contractual agreement and fight someone else as he could break an actual signed contract but he did not and that is what he is going to do and honor it and fight Stipe.

Him being obligated has no binding on the conversation of Aspinall. No one said he would be sued for not honoring his contractual agreements. He gave his word to Stipe and will honor it rather than throw the Stipe fight in the garbage and fight someone else. A kid who is crying about his place on the line.

I respect that and he is honoring his word and agreement fighting stipe. Yes, if he went against his word he would be breaking a previous agreement.
i-know-a-lot-about-the-law-other-lawyerings.gif

There is none here. Grow up. "His word" means shit in this business, where opponents, venues, timing, injuries, and the like throw off plans constantly. It's standard affair here. Pretending it isn't just let's people know you either don't watch much or don't pay attention when you do

Is that like how Jones had agreed he would move up to HW back in 2014? I guess that was just "postponing" his "oral agreement" for a decade then.

Stop posting, period
lol, how old are you ? You sound like a petulant child.

.What does any of this have to do with a hill of beans or present conversation. You made the statement that something was not true or a lie and were corrected. The conversation was about a previous contractual agreement and were corrected. There was an offer and an acceptance. There was consideration (meaning both parties have agreed to do something or forego a right).

What you think Jones personality is or what he does is not my concern, nor do i care, take that up with your therapist.

Last edited:
If you're going to use Gane as a measuring stick for Jones, then I can use Sergei for Tom. Sergei managed to completely demolish Lewis and Tuivasa in less than 2 minutes combined whereas Gane needed 3 rounds for each. Not only that, Tom also finished Volkov effortlessly in 1 round whereas Gane needed to go the distance. What the hell is the point of an interim champion, if it's not an automatic title shot? The whole point of that belt is so that they are unified as soon as the undisputed champion is able to come back.

No body is arguing that ...

He's going to fight for real title regardless in his next fight...

It just doesnt have to happen before Jones vs Stipe...

There must be a unification bout i agree... And there will be...but nothing says it has to happen before Jones vs Stipe...and UFC is obviously thinking the same thing

Heavyweight division seems to move unusually slowly, partially because there are a low number of heavyweight fighters in the UFC as compared to other handicapped divisions like lightweight, featherweight, welterweight et cetera. So Jon Jones honeydicking forever about coming to heavyweight, winning the belt, and then being very slow to defend it is annoying.

Anyone holding up a division is annoying, but then someone who honeydicked for years about coming to the division, then wins the belt first fight, and is very slow to defend the belt, is just one more annoying thing slowing down an already slow division.

Jiri and Jamahal both vacated their belts after they were injured.

And that worked out splendidly for them didnt it? .

LOL... Did u really think a guy like Jones is going to simply give his title up ...u havent been paying attention if thats what you think

LOL, Sadly it is actually all true. Although this agreement is not in writing, a person or individual may be able to file a lawsuit if another party breaches a verbal contract.

Last edited:
And that worked out splendidly for them didnt it? .

LOL... Did u really think a guy like Jones is going to simply give his title up ...u havent been paying attention if thats what you think
Even if they didn't vacate, Alex still would've challenged them and won. Jiri and Jamahal's actions speak as a matter of principal. In a business sense probably wasn't the best move, but the fact that they vacated to let the division move on does speak about their character. Jones would never do something like that.

Even if they didn't vacate, Alex still would've challenged them and won. Jiri and Jamahal's actions speak as a matter of principal. In a business sense probably wasn't the best move, but the fact that they vacated to let the division move on does speak about their character. Jones would never do something like that.
Jones is of poor character we know this already..

But he's also not obligated to relinquish his title either so , it is what it is

Jones is the world heavyweight champion, but fought just once in HW. Ok, his name is bigger than any of those HW, but lately, he isn't doing a lot for the sport.

What I see is result of UFC been mad at Ngannou, and gifting Jones a title shot. He had a great performance indeed. In a while Aspinall and Pav fought the entire division.

The thing I see the TS missed is that Jones fought just one time in HW, got injured and will hold the division while guys are fighting tough opponents and he is asking for Stipe.

By the way Stipe and Jones would be a very good fight, I would love to watch. But I don't think either of these guys deserves to be called champions, not without proving.

the future of the HW division too big for Jones chicken legs...

Paolo - Jon may have chicken legs, but he definitely has the heart of a coward woman-beating convicted felon.

Last edited:
Back