Amazon deleting one star reviews of Clintons new book

You know, that's literally never what I think when I read what I'm doing... I have a very clean intellectual conscience.

There's a word for people who act as you do and still maintain clean consciences.

It think it's disingenuous to suggest there is any parity between the Koch brothers and their operation vs the retail sales outlet that Amazon is.

Oh? I think it's just an issue of degree rather than a case of binary. On a sliding scale, one would be much higher than the other, but I haven't noticed you saying that I'm wrong in principle...

There's a word for people who act as you do and still maintain clean consciences.

In about a half hour it'll be "Instructor of Note" to some 120 young minds paying for a good university education... Oh what fun we'll have together ;)

In about a half hour it'll be "Instructor of Note" to some 120 young minds paying for a good university education... Oh what fun we'll have together ;)

Don't tell them you post here.

I actually remember another guy--great poster but can't recall his name--who said he taught a class and did refer his students here for a specific thread that related to the issue.

He was a far-left-leaning guy who was nonetheless a big Ron Paul fan. Dabbled in MMA promoting, too, I believe.

Such a silly thing to say. Review systems are immensely helpful, especially if you have well written reviews which can articulate the book's strengths and weaknesses.

If I want to read a book on Chinese history, should I randomly pick from them? Should I read them all? Or perhaps, should I use reviews to help guide me towards the best ones?

Reviews are one tool to help us narrow down our search, pretending like you're above them because you're such an "independent thinker" makes you seem silly.
Simply don't give a shit about random reviews on Amazon. I guess I should have been more specific on that. Especially given how easily such reviews can be manipulated.

I refuse to go fuck myself. Now what? That's right, you're going to sit there and observe me not fucking myself. And then you're going to get mad at the words I'm typing.

Your post doesn't address what I said, in any way. I can try again. If Coulter, or whichever one of your preferred con artists you'd like to substitute, received obvious troll reviews, and Amazon deleted them for being troll reviews, you would not, at all, not even a little, have an objection to that. That's how you're full of shit here. Your objection is not to Amazon's behavior, but Amazon's behavior as it pertains to your bias. You're playing a dumb game that produces no winners. Your father played a similar game with your mother some time ago, but that was before you were born.
Nice, you can't conflate how deleting "troll" posts is sensors people's opinions. I would absolutely have the same problem because it needs to be applied evenly across the platform or else it is biased. I posted Donald Trumps reviews of his book with unverified purchase reviews, they're still there.

As another poster said, if your arguement is only verified purchaser reviews should be allowed, why are they allowing all the other 5 star unverified reviews up? Why is there a different standard between Donald Trumps book and Hillarys? Answer that question then we can have a conversation. Until then leave the personal insults on the tips of your fingers, it's very unbecoming of you.

Simply don't give a shit about random reviews on Amazon. I guess I should have been more specific on that. Especially given how easily such reviews can be manipulated.
Sure but then don't pretend you're some enlightened thinker for neglecting a useful resource.

Customers who bought this also bought.... Toliet paper.

Just more left wing bullshit to skew reality for the sheep.

Sure but then don't pretend you're some enlightened thinker for neglecting a useful resource.
You can read whatever you want from my comments. I make no boasts of enlightenment. In fact, I get it wrong probably more than I get it right. But I exercise my own judgement and ultimately that's what matters, at least to me.

The Simple Solution is Amazon should only allow people who bought the book (through Amazon because that's all they can control) the ability to give their opinion. if I give Hillary 20 bucks and I want to give her a 1 star. I should be allowed to do that.

Why is Amazon so invested in this? Is this the one and only product on their site to receive fake reviews? Do they browse around and take them all down? No. Of course not.

Even if you agree with them doing it, it's not hard to see that they care a little bit more about this product, than they do the billions of others on their site.

Trolls/Haters arnt going around in large numbers giving shitty reviews on amazon...at least from what I seen...so this stands out.

Not to mention the fact that Hilary supporters probably saw the reviews and reported them...politics is very personal in this country..trump supporters would've reported too.

So that's why Amazon took them down.

I know you are trying to imply that amazon loves Hilary and hates trump...but if you think the logical answer isn't that

Last edited:
If it's people that didn't buy it then I don't see a problem with deleting their reviews.

I bet the majority of the bad reviews and one stars were from Bernie supporters, not Trump supporters. It's a little alarming to see some of the liberals on the board not able to see where the real problem lies--it isn't with Trump. As far as Democrats are concerned, Trump is a unifying force. Hillary, however, is not.

They are the group who you'd think still has a bone to pick with Hillary - there is still a fight for the direction of that party.

Why is Amazon so invested in this? Is this the one and only product on their site to receive fake reviews? Do they browse around and take them all down? No. Of course not.

Even if you agree with them doing it, it's not hard to see that they care a little bit more about this product, than they do the billions of others on their site.

Eh, few figures in the modern political landscape are so polarizing, though her time as a relevant figure is pretty much done. I hope her book flops miserably, but I can understand Amazon not wanting people to use their review section to talk about Hillary and Bill murdering people with trains or whatever. You have to show people early that their manifestos are a waste of time.

I'd say almost all the one star reviews are probably from people like you who wouldn't even like it if she wrote the next great epic.

It's on my Christmas list. Just so I can savour her pain, disappointment and shock again.

The only time Hilary gave me wood was listening to her concession speech...24 hours after The Donald had won.

Of course, that's still one more erection than she managed to give Bill...;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back