Amir Khan gets attacked online by some religious Muslims for putting up a Christmass tree

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/muslim-ami...s-abuse-putting-christmas-tree-150319898.html

So *some* Muslims have attacked Khan for putting up a Christmas tree, with one threatening to kill him. Others came to his defense saying it wasn't a religious symbol. Khan is a practicing Muslim.

Khan didn't seem to get backlash when he was seeing other women while married to his wife, but put up a Christmas tree and some religious Muslims lose their shit.

He was born and raised in a Western country, where the Christmas tree is tradition. These kind of religious Muslims want everyone to respect and tolerate Islamic culture but they are totally against respect for non-Muslim culture.

The Islamosupremacists must be concerned that Khan, being a major Muslim celeb, might lead other Muslims to go soft on Christmas and Christians. Can't be having Muslims being nice to the Kuffar.

-
One commenter says : “How could he betray religion like that?
Yet
religious Muslims want to convert people from other religions, which would mean these other folk are betraying their religion.

Last edited:
find the IP of the guy who threatened Amir and his family and lock that bitch up

Good on Khan for doing that. It's this traditional stuff that'll help bridge the gap between cultures.

There was that one poster who posted the Iraqi who paid for a huge Christmas tree in some city there just after ISIS was removed. There were some snarky remarks from WRers, but ultimately it was a nice gesture by that business man.

Not surprised when what seems to be a moderate Muslim is given shit and his life threaten by other Muslims.

It's a tree for the kid, ease the fuck up.

Don't the Muslims realize the tree is not a Christian symbol, and would only be a religious symbol if you worshipped Odin.

Don't the Muslims realize the tree is not a Christian symbol, and would only be a religious symbol if you worshipped Odin.

That would be as bad or worse. All images or symbols with even a hint of religious meaning outside of islam are supposed to be destroyed. That is why ISIS went into those museums in Iraq and destroyed all those historical artifacts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-destroy-ancient-artefacts-mosul-museum-iraq
The five-minute video, which was released by the “press office of the province of Nineveh [the region around Mosul]”, begins with a Qur’anic verse on idol worship. An Isis representative then speaks to the camera, condemning Assyrians and Akkadians as polytheists, justifying the destruction of the artefacts and statues.

The man describes the prophet Muhammad’s destruction of idols in Mecca as an example.

Putting up a Christmas tree potentially makes Khan guilty of apostasy and at the very least he is guilty of violating the islamic strictures against being friends with Christians. The penalty is death.

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them."

He put a tree up... a tree.

Man religion, you crazy

At first I read that he was actually attacked. This is really pathetic, but is it still newsworthy when people get harassed by trolls? Every feminist, christian, muslim, Jew, psychologist, college professor, and athlete in America has received death threats by now.

Or was this trolling maybe from a specific group? Do they seem likely to seriously hurt him?

I bet none of these Muslim partisans even know Christmas is adapted from a pagan celebration. Usual bitching in ignorance.

The only time an attack on Amir Khan did not end in a knockout.

Saul-Canelo-Alvarez-v-Amir-Khan-WBC-Middleweight-Title.jpg

article-1053179-028D4F1600000578-790_468x286.jpg

Stupid fucks..

This is radical Muslim logic: putting up a Xmas tree is offensive and should warrant your death..

Attacking/killing someone innocent, for something harmless and a perceived threat against your faith is normal...

At first I read that he was actually attacked. This is really pathetic, but is it still newsworthy when people get harassed by trolls? Every feminist, christian, muslim, Jew, psychologist, college professor, and athlete in America has received death threats by now.

Or was this trolling maybe from a specific group? Do they seem likely to seriously hurt him?

About the same time that I became aware of this news regarding Khan and the Christmas tree, I also read about how Arabisation and the Salafist mentality is spreading in South East Asia. This article from today says the Indonesian police have warned Islamists not to harass people over what the Islamists claim is people being forced to wear Christmas hats.

Who actually believes any Muslim in Indonesia is being forced to wear Christmas paraphernalia, because Indonesia is run by Muslims. Malays also use Islam to push Malay ethnic hegemony over the non-Malays, who are mostly Christian and or Hindu. So claims by Islamist Malays that they are just trying to defend Muslims from being forced to wear Christmas hats is bullshit, it is a pretext to legitimize harassment and bullying of minorities.

Indonesian police warn Islamists against raids in search of Santa hats
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-raids-in-search-of-santa-hats-idUSKBN1EF0KK

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/wor...amists-against-raids-in-search-of-santa-hats/

About the same time that I became aware of this news regarding Khan and the Christmas tree, I also read about how Arabisation and the Salafist mentality is spreading in South East Asia. This article from today says the Indonesian police have warned Islamists not to harass people over what the Islamists claim is people being forced to wear Christmas hats.

Who actually believes any Muslim in Indonesia is being forced to wear Christmas paraphernalia, because Indonesia is run by Muslims. Malays also use Islam to push Malay ethnic hegemony over the non-Malays, who are mostly Christian and or Hindu. So claims by Islamist Malays that they are just trying to defend Muslims from being forced to wear Christmas hats is bullshit, it is a pretext to legitimize harassment and bullying of minorities.

Indonesian police warn Islamists against raids in search of Santa hats
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...t-raids-in-search-of-santa-hats-idUSKBN1EF0KK

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/wor...amists-against-raids-in-search-of-santa-hats/

Are these the same groups harassing Khan? Or are you saying this issue with Khan is simply a case of an increasingly common tactic by radicals to cause mayhem under the pretext of "protecting" Muslims from religious subjugation?

Are the people attacking Khan saying that he's been forced to put up the tree? I'm trying to find the connection...

Are these the same groups harassing Khan? Or are you saying this issue with Khan is simply a case of an increasingly common tactic by radicals to cause mayhem under the pretext of "protecting" Muslims from religious subjugation?

Are the people attacking Khan saying that he's been forced to put up the tree? I'm trying to find the connection...
No, the connection is the hatred towards overt Christian displays. With so called pious Muslims, any tolerance of non-Muslim culture is hated or frowned upon, if the Muslim showing tolerance doesn't need to do so.

Amir khan is a clown. How can u act all religious in ramadan and then put on a xmas tree months later. He is the only who publicized his islamic faith. But truth is he is just an attention seeker. The ramadan and eid pictures were pr as is this. Truth is no one respect someone like this

Back