And just like that, GSP's hype for the Bisping win is gone

It's the same old Bisping and he actually got beat at this own game in this one.
PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Sorry Georges, your recent win didn't do anything for your legacy.
<{cruzshake}>
Except win him the middleweight title lol

it wasn´t here anytime

GSP´s legacy still intact until de diaz fight included: that makes him the ww GOAT

the bisping fight just gives him more money, zero legacy

No, Gastelum is just that good. If he could make weight he'd be the WW champ right now.

Last I checked, he’s the reigning MW champ. The one with all the lineage.

GSP beat a MW who was at the lower end of the top 10 ability-wise. This fight today proved it.

If you want to live in a world where you can become the "reigning champion" of a division by beating the 8th or 9th best guy, be my guest but I don't want that.

It never was and you know it, I refuse to believe you're that gullible, sir.

He's more like the Mayweather of MMA, another pseudo GOAT. Carefully selected moves(both in matchups and fighting style) that look good on paper, low risk high reward.

But it's a scam to the real followers of combat sports.

So the WW GOAT is who? And fighters better than GSP all time are who? It's basically Fedor, Anderson and GSP. Anyone else???

GSP beat a MW who was at the lower end of the top 10 ability-wise. This fight today proved it.

If you want to live in a world where you can become the "reigning champion" of a division by beating the 8th or 9th best guy, be my guest but I don't want that.

What you want is irrelevant. The facts are he was the legit MW champ because he beat the champ. And beat him by KO. Blame Rocksalt for not taking it serious but shit is what it is..

Not sure why anyone was hyped by the GSP win to begin with.

He looked horribly gassed.

Any MW with a better chin would have ruined Georges.

Another thread by a man who can't change a flat tire.

Nice. Real nice. The feminization of American men is disgusting.

Truth hurts, GSP fans.

It was a scam from the start.

Let your man beat RW before proclaiming some legacy defying win. No more scams.

Right and if he beats RW this is what you and others will say

"Whitaker is a blown up, failed former WW and was never a serious threat to become champ"

Right?

Not to take away from his win, but Gastellum beat a guy on short notice coming off of a concussion a few weeks ago. Not as impressive as leveling a guy who was supposed to destroy you after being gone for four years.

Wtf? <LikeReally5>

The only thing you take away from this fight is Bisping jumped back in the cage WAY too early.
I don't even like Bisping and this is a really bad thread.

Not sure why anyone was hyped by the GSP win to begin with.

He looked horribly gassed.

Any MW with a better chin would have ruined Georges.

And Luke was supposed to reign at MW for some time
And Anderson was never supposed to lose to Weidman
Chuck would the GOAT had he not just kept getting caught

On and on..

Wtf? <LikeReally5>

The only thing you take away from this fight is Bisping jumped back in the cage WAY too early.
I don't even like Bisping and this is a really bad thread.

He took the fight because he is at the end of the road, and wants to make as much money as possible. UFC should not have allowed it. 3 weeks after getting dropped and choked out. He was just there to get paid..

You become the reigning champ by beating the champ who beat the champ before that who beat the champ before that.

I suppose you think Whitaker holds the real title. You get to be the reigning champion by not beating a champion? Be my guest, I don’t want that. We’ll just pick our champions for now on. It helps when not wanting to admit somebody just may be GOAT.

Were people that impressed GSP beat a 38 year old Bisping? It looked like 2 fighters in the twilight of their careers in there. Bisping looked absolutely terrible in the 2nd Hendo fight.

It's the same old Bisping and he actually got beat at this own game in this one.
PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Sorry Georges, your recent win didn't do anything for your legacy.
<{cruzshake}>
GSP legacy was set before he returned. Beating Bisping off a 4 year lay off just confirmed his GOAT statue. Anyone doubting GSP being the GOAT at this point must of just started following MMA in 2015.

What you want is irrelevant. The facts are he was the legit MW champ because he beat the champ. And beat him by KO. Blame Rocksalt for not taking it serious but shit is what it is..

That's the GSP fans' shtick. Only wanting to point to statistical facts on paper. No further context needed because they're scared of what reality comes out of context.

And what I want actually is relevant because this went against the UFC's own protocols. The 8th/9th best guy who got the belt after a short notice replacement, was allowed to defend his belt against the #13th ranked MW. And then against a WW who hadn't fought in 4 years.

The "factual MW championship" that you speak of, was being fought about by guys who weren't even in then top 7 of the division ability wise(and factually even). So tell me, how credible does that make GSP's claim to be the MW champ With context in mind?(I know this already disqualifies you) when you've got killers like RW, Romero, Rockhold, Jacare etc. around scratching their heads at this lunacy.

Back