Anderson Silva's record vs Mousasi's record

Silva's loss to Izzy was because of threats from the New Zealand Sheep Farmers Union.

I don't think taking on the modern champion and all-time great Adesanya to a competitive decision, being Silva in his 40s after a career-ending injury and more than two decades into his pro career, is something that need to be excused

Christ almighty that is an embarrassing OP.

One guy fought and beat opponents in their prime, for belts.

The other didn't.

And he counted the Jacare win lol

And I'm a huge Mousasi fan. Bigger than most. But not a fanboy. His skills are undeniable, but he had a chance at the brass ring and fell reaching for it. Figure it out.

OP is indeed terrible but why laughing at that win?
Because of the next one, was my thought process in the 20 seconds I was thinking about it. But ya, I suppose that doesn't negate the win. Cheers.

Can't really compare them. Mousasi's been ranked for a long time, remained a well-rounded threat to any top MW/LHW. But he's never been #1.

Anderson was, and for a long time. Undisputed #1 since the Hendo win, as it was a unification.

There's also the Hendo win for both. Well Hendo had just won 2-div Pride gold when Spider beat him decisively. Mousasi beat an old Hendo for Hendo standards. Same principle goes for Vitor. And a lot of Mousasi's opponents. He beat them either before or past their prime. Hence he didn't surge in ranking. Best win probably Weidman, and Weidman hasn't been the same since losing the belt.

Anderson won a belt and defended it 11 times, also you're severely underrated Nate Marquardt (one of his top 5 wins easily). Mousassi fumbled whenever near a title shot, I never understood the comparison between him and Anderson

Anderson’s prime consisted of a (UFC record) 17 fight win streak, 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defenses, and 3 LHW KOs.

GSP’s prime consisted of 7 straight decisions (8/9 decisions) and tapping to strikes to a LW journeyman.

The difference is drinkability.

Anderson was confirmed to be greater than GSP by the people that matter, their peers. And it wasn’t close.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/your-fighter´s-goat.3730621/#post-139555015

Finishes > Decisions

Anderson > GSP

View attachment 410161

Lol who the hell was this clown? No one in the thread even brought up GSP. Deserving of a ban

Mousasi beats every guy on Anderson’s list
Depends on which version of Mousasi & Silva

Mousasi doesn't always show up (First half of his UFC run)
And Silva was never the same after Weidman 1&2

Prime 4 prime, Silva obviously

Love me some Moose but Anderson Silva is the MW goat son.

Anderson’s record. It’s not always who you fought, but also when you fought them. This is why title defenses are so important. The champ beats a guy in a 5 round fight while this challenger is at the top of his game.

Anderson’s record. It’s not always who you fought, but also when you fought them. This is why title defenses are so important. The champ beats a guy in a 5 round fight while this challenger is at the top of his game.
Agree totally. One of the other big components missing from a simple list of names is consistency. No shade toward Moose but Silva went 7 years without losing. He’s just on a different level.

Uriah Hall was a fluke KO. Hall is also a better striker than most Anderson fought. Pre USADA Machida could have beat Anderson and is better than everyone Anderson fought. Jacare would have beaten prime Anderson easily imo. Jacare would be one of the best strikers Anderson would have fought and would be by far the best grappler he has ever fought. Jacare probably wins by sub in the first round.

how many accountas do you have mousasi?

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!

giphy.gif

adv.gif

All I know is Gegard went to Bellator when he started getting hot

Lol why the fuck would you bump this old shit

{<huh}

Anderson beat the best names on his list in their primes, or close to it.

Moose beat ancient Henderson on a 1 - 5 streak, a deflated Vitor off TRT on a 1 - 2 streak, and Weidman coming off two consecutive career changing TKOs.

Anderson > Moose all day.

Anderson Silva - 34 wins, 8 losses

Best wins:
01. Vitor
02. Franklin
03. Forrest
04. Chael
05. Hendo
06. Maia
07.Bonnar
08. Okami
09. Leben
10. Marquardt
11. Lutter
12. Leites
13. Sakurai

Gegard Mousasi - 44 wins, 6 losses, 2 draws

Best wins:
01. Weidman
02. Belfort
03. Hendo
04. Mark Hunt
05. Jacare
06. Sokoudjou
07. OSP
08. Latifi
09. Goodridge
10. Manhoef
11. Lombard
12. Sobral
13. Munoz

MENTION: the listing is random, I am not saying Lutter was better than Sakurai, for example.

If I forgot someone, please do tell! Thanks!

So, who has a better record, in your opinion?!

giphy.gif

adv.gif
You have chael and bonnar and Leben ranked ahead of Carlos Newton for wins? How do you not even have Carlos Newton ranked? Newton was UFC champ........

You realize that when Silva fought Newton it considered to be a fight which included two of the best 170ers the world not named Matt Hughes

Back