Andrade gotta drop right back down to strawweight

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And I'm not saying this because she lost yesterday. She is still one of the best in the flyweight division and a beast and always putting on great fights!!

I have been saying this before yesterday. Only because I don't think she would never be a champ in that division! She would never beat Valentina and even if Valentina retires or something there are other flyweight girls better than her such as Blanchfield who already beat her and Santos or Fiorot would beat her too.

Also she looked undersized in her fight with Valentina imo! I think strawweight is her natural weightclass, she is just 5ft tall

She is a former strawweight champion for a reason!! She has a better chance there, the belt of that division has been changing hands every year since Joanna lost it. And from the top 5 Andrade already beat Rose, Lemos, she would beat Esparza for sure and she lost to Weili but a rematch would be interesting. I would give her a good shot to become a champion at strawweight again!!

What do u guys think?

And I'm not saying this because she lost yesterday. She is still one of the best in the flyweight division and a beast and always putting on great fights!!

I have been saying this before yesterday. Only because I don't think she would never be a champ in that division! She would never beat Valentina and even if Valentina retires or something there are other flyweight girls better than her such as Blanchfield who already beat her and Santos or Fiorot would beat her too.

Also she looked undersized in her fight with Valentina imo! I think strawweight is her natural weightclass, she is just 5ft tall

She is a former strawweight champion for a reason!! She has a better chance there, the belt of that division has been changing hands every year since Joanna lost it. And from the top 5 Andrade already beat Rose, Lemos, she would beat Esparza for sure and she lost to Weili but a rematch would be interesting. I would give her a good shot to become a champion at strawweight again!!

What do u guys think?

I see now way Valentina losing to her...she is a beast, I am a fan of hers but she is not at shevchenko level.

She won't regain the belt at Strawweight, but she is close to a title shot rematch with Zhang Weili.

I'm ok with her jumping between 115 and 125 acting as a gatekeeper for both divisions.

She won't regain the belt at Strawweight, but she is close to a title shot rematch with Zhang Weili.

I think she can get that belt back!! Rose already beat Weili twice, she could beat her a third time and get the belt and then Andrade could get the belt back by beating Rose (she has already done it).

Another option would be against Lemos, Weili is probably fighting Lemos next and if Lemos wins Andrade could get the belt back by beating her (she has already done it).

And even in a rematch against Weili I would give her a shot. They went 50/50 the first time and Weili got her (Weili is fast as shit). Andrade is a brawler but Weili is very hittable too, so you never know, never count Andrade out, she hits like a truck especially for the strawweight division

What do u guys think?
she looked way too small against blanchfield and had t-rex arms in that fight. straw weight if she wants to be champ again.

I think she can get that belt back!! Rose already beat Weili twice, she could beat her a third time and get the belt and then Andrade could get the belt back by beating Rose (she has already done it).

Another option would be against Lemos, Weili is probably fighting Lemos next and if Lemos wins Andrade could get the belt back by beating her (she has already done it).

And even in a rematch against Weili I would give her a shot. They went 50/50 the first time and Weili got her (Weili is fast as shit). Andrade is a brawler but Weili is very hittable too, so you never know, never count Andrade out, she hits like a truck especially for the strawweight division
I am a Zhang Weili true believer and I think she'll be champion for the foreseeable future.

Rose is toast (mental case).
Andrade might be able to best Weili. Right now she's probably the second best straw weight (by virtue of Joanna retiring and Rose having lost her way).

She’ll fight zhang for the belt this spring or summer she lost but it was at 125, been a while since she lost at 115 and ufc rewards fighters who take fights on short notice especially a week

Rose is toast (mental case).
Andrade might be able to best Weili. Right now she's probably the second best straw weight (by virtue of Joanna retiring and Rose having lost her way).
Andrade might beat Weili, but I'd say the odds are against it. It appears to me that Weili has improved even more since their first fight than Andrade has. While I think it'll be a more competitive fight than the first time around, I think Weili takes it once again.

She’ll fight zhang for the belt this spring or summer she lost but it was at 125, been a while since she lost at 115 and ufc rewards fighters who take fights on short notice especially a week
I hope so.

I think she's still a championship level strawweight but WMMA is becoming more well rounded and size is mattering more since there's more skilled women then there was just a few years ago.

WMMA upping their game

If Andrade does win the strawweight belt at least we know she'll defend it promptly, hate to see it going back into hibernation.

I still don't understand why she stuck around at flyweight after losing to Shevchenko

Lemos (ranked 3rd) should fight Rose (2nd) because she shouldn't get a title shot without having beaten any of the three elite fighters of the division (Rose, Weili, Andrade) or even Carla, little less when two of those fighters are ranked ahead of her.

Andrade (6th) should fight Carla (1st). Even though Jessica is ranked lower than Lemos (3rd) she has already beaten her so she deserves a higher ranked opponent than Lemos would get....plus the lower rank is only because she keeps yo-yoing between divisions.

If Andrade and Rose win (most likely) then they should fight each other for a third time (an exciting match-up!) and the winner should get a title shot and that way you avoid both a Rose vs Weili 3 that would be a bit too soon as well as Rose and Andrade not settling who is better after all.

If Andrade and Lemos win they should each get a title shot one after another just to have a bit of variety when it comes to title fights.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
If Rose ever comes back and odds are near even, my money is on Weili.
Ok youll just lose your money lol.

Weili has only been looking so good because she hasn't been fighting Rose.

I agree she’s undersized at flyweight. She can beat all of the legacy soccer moms of the division but true well rounded technicians like Fiorot and Blanchfield have entered the game. However she’s elite at strawweight. Would like to see her put up against Marina Rodriguez or a title eliminator with Rose.

Back