Anime and Manga v37

No Jojos Bizarre Adventures fans up in here, wtf? The anime is coming out on Toonami in October so you will hear of it eventually. But I suggest you binge watch it (subbed of course). Part 4 where its at right now in Japan is absolutely amazing. Its tits. Also 7 and a half manga parts to read for the mangaheads as well.
How the fuck did they manage that? I wonder how much names they had to change to get the greenlight to air it.

How the fuck did they manage that? I wonder how much names they had to change to get the greenlight to air it.

Well the Jojo moniker is just a nick name each one has a different "Jojo" fighting a version of evil that kinda ties in to the original threat. It's pretty good actually , just a bit of a chore to keep up with.

The two first parts that are dubbed barely have any band/group names in them if at all. Even part 3, you don't see much band named characters until you get to Vanilla Ice. After part 3 though...yeah. If they dub part 4, a lot of stupid changes will be made for copyrights sake. Fucking stupid.

The two first parts that are dubbed barely have any band/group names in them if at all. Even part 3, you don't see much band named characters until you get to Vanilla Ice. After part 3 though...yeah. If they dub part 4, a lot of stupid changes will be made for copyrights sake. Fucking stupid.

That fucking sucks and mind of kills a big part of the humor in my opinion.

Damn near everyone in the first two storys are named after a band or musician How they deal with Speedwagon. Do they even have Roundabout in the dubbed version?

They keep Speedwagon and DIO and mostly if not all things in the first two parts dubbed is the same including the ED, but late into part 3 the copyrights rear their ugly head. I think the two brothers in Egypt with the one that can write manga that can tell the future's names are changed and of course Vanilla Ice's name is changed (In the sub at least, I always just listen to the voices rather than read every line). If they ever dub part 4, it wouldnt even be worth watching because Jesus Christ, so many copyrighted bands/songs are characters/stands lol.

Clangzerk episode 5 was pretty good. Stuck to the source material and I didn't cringe during the cgi transitions.

I'm not really feeling this new arc in Tower of God. Seems like its just too much of a repeat of things we've already seen. How many tournaments can one series have?

the only answer is no there can't be enough tournaments. that's what Bleach needed a tourney lol

19 episodes into Re:Zero and I still can't decide if it's amazing or overhyped crap. Seeing Rem get friendzoned was more brutal than the dead kids in episode 18.

anyone watching?

19 episodes into Re:Zero and I still can't decide if it's amazing or overhyped crap. Seeing Rem get friendzoned was more brutal than the dead kids in episode 18.

anyone watching?
ya defiantly has its moments of greatness, and moments of crappiness.
Having the MC being powerless and mentally breaking, after always losing is a good break from the normal but he is so whiny

anyone watching?

I'm watching. I like it overall, but it still falls into the trap of type casting typical LN characters. I don't think I like a single character in the entire show. But the mystery so far is really good - good enough to keep me hooked to watching it each week to see what happens. I almost never like LN adaptations but re:zero is pretty good overall.

On another note, the most recent episode of Mob Psycho was hilarious and really entertaining.

I've been absent from here for awhile but I'm hoping to be online more. Life has been catching up to me and I'm finally starting to stabilize(as in... more down time at my computer). Maybe I'll finally change this avatar.

Lol, who the hell came up with the sternritter abilities, like half of them are immortal

The best writer ever Tite Kubo..no but he's probably just given up at this point creative writing was never the strong suit of Bleach and it's emotional depth was always sub par but you can tell he just really wants to get it over with at this point. I'm pretty sure he probably scrapped a bunch of chapters, they show all the fullbringers supposedly heading to soul society then only one of does something, most of the fights were 1-3 chapters as well.

everything ends, nothing is exempt to that rule but damn it feels so odd that Naruto and soon Bleach are really over. I was in my teens when I started reading them both, late-ish teens but still. Hell when One piece ends that'll suck. I'd say Berserk ending as well would suck but we'll never see that happen in our lifetimes. Murata's gonna transfer himself into a fucking robot and pump out one chapter a month for 90 more years.

Last edited:
Started reading Inuyashiki last night.
Oh man, the first ~20 chapters were really putting me through an emotional rollercoaster.
Good stuff so far. It's from the creator of Gantz if anyone is into that sort of thing.

Started reading Inuyashiki last night.
Oh man, the first ~20 chapters were really putting me through an emotional rollercoaster.
Good stuff so far. It's from the creator of Gantz if anyone is into that sort of thing.
I'll have to look it up, but I honestly don't trust that author one bit. Gantz started with a great premise, and was really solid for about ~230 chapter, and then it completely goes off the rails and ends up being terrible.

I'll have to look it up, but I honestly don't trust that author one bit. Gantz started with a great premise, and was really solid for about ~230 chapter, and then it completely goes off the rails and ends up being terrible.
It might be the same case as far as I know. I'm only at chapter 25 or so, but I like what I've seen so far.
Premise is interesting: a middle aged salary man who is ignored and disrespected by his family finds out he only has a few months to live. He laments that the only person that will miss him is his dog. He's involved in an accident that kills him, but for reasons unexplained is brought back as a weaponized android that looks exactly like his previous body. Fearing that he will lose all touch with his humanity, he decides to use his powers to help people. In the meantime, a teenager involved in the same accident decides to use his new android body to be a psychopath. The story follows them as they get used to their new bodies and try to accomplish their own aspirations.
The real kicker is that I really wound up rooting for the old guy. He transforms from a well meaning, but impotent man with an existential crisis into a weapon of war that finds a purpose in helping others. His joy and sorrows are really impactful and I felt a lot of investment early on. I don't know if they can keep it up or if the series, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Back