Anime and Manga v40: Repeated Thread Necromancy Edition

Started with the Promised Neverland anime, heard good things about it.

Liking it after the halfway point of ep1. A nice premise with a lot of questions, I can see why this became popular.

Still waiting for the dub on this one.

Still waiting for the dub on this one.
I'd rather watch shows when atleast 90% is done, sub or dubbed.

But I prefer subbed, Japanese VA's just put a lot more emotion into their work without sounding artificial.

Its rare you get a Cowboy Beebop type dubbed.

I'd rather watch shows when atleast 90% is done, sub or dubbed.

But I prefer subbed, Japanese VA's just put a lot more emotion into their work without sounding artificial.

Its rare you get a Cowboy Beebop type dubbed.

Yea I know a lot of anime fans seem to prefer subbed. I prefer dubbed especially cause I like to eat my lunch,dinner,etc and watch these shows but it's hard to do that with subbed. Usually what happens with me is I get really into an anime catch up on all the dub episode and realize sub is ahead so I switch to sub. I rarely if ever have had an issue with dubbed anime and the way people sound.

Then check out Iron Blooded. It's set in it's own timeline so it's not connected to any of the other ones. It's the newest one as well so the animation is good. Gundam Seed wasn't bad but IMO Iron Blooded is the best Gundam there is by a good margin.

You might also like Code Geass as well which is mech but also a lot of strategy. This is my favorite anime right now.

I love Code Geass, forgot about that. "Lelouche" can't forget that name lol.

I just started Iron-Blooded. Finding a dub for season 1 was hard, but the entire first season is up on Youtube. I really like it so far, thanks man!

People who love Death Note, usually love Code Geass, maybe even more so. It does need more time than DN though.

If you guys are looking for more adult anime, I recommend One Outs and Rainbow.

Completely different genres, but fans of Death Note will love One Outs (the strategy, cunning of the main character, and just the balls on the guy), has a weird art style but its amazing. It just uses baseball as a narrative tool, but its more about the psychology going on than the actual game.

I've always wanted to check that out (one outs). I'm more of a dub guy, and unfortunately they never made a dubbed version, but I actually prefer Attack on Titan with subs (very rare for me), so I'll have to give it a shot. I tend to watch Anime on dual screens, so I can fart around on the other from time to time, or "work". Subs require full attention, and it always displays how shot my attention span is these days. God damn technology has ruined me :D Anyone else find their attention spans for subs shot the last decade or so?

Yea I know a lot of anime fans seem to prefer subbed. I prefer dubbed especially cause I like to eat my lunch,dinner,etc and watch these shows but it's hard to do that with subbed. Usually what happens with me is I get really into an anime catch up on all the dub episode and realize sub is ahead so I switch to sub. I rarely if ever have had an issue with dubbed anime and the way people sound.

I just started Iron-Blooded. Finding a dub for season 1 was hard, but the entire first season is up on Youtube. I really like it so far, thanks man!

I've always wanted to check that out (one outs). I'm more of a dub guy, and unfortunately they never made a dubbed version, but I actually prefer Attack on Titan with subs (very rare for me), so I'll have to give it a shot. I tend to watch Anime on dual screens, so I can fart around on the other from time to time, or "work". Subs require full attention, and it always displays how shot my attention span is these days. God damn technology has ruined me :D Anyone else find their attention spans for subs shot the last decade or so?

Ive always kind of been a subbed guy, there was a period where I was watching dub only because with subs, you need to fully focus, but wtf is the point of watching something half heartedly, so i stick with subs.

The Promised Neverland to me so far is anime of the year, Im binging it, its so goddamn great. I havent even started Sekiro yet because of it. Its so well written, definitely taking notes for when I write my own.

Animation seems a big issue

aba.gif

Animation seems a big issue

Im confused? Whats wrong?

The first season is one of the best animated shows Ive ever seen. Just stunning animation, have not seen animation that smooth, expressive and dramatic since Ping Pong the Animation. The art isnt as good as the manga but no anime is unless its a movie. That trailer is terrible though.

Also The Promised Neverland is something special. Ive just binged 8 episodes back to back. Its that damn good. Havent seen an anime this special since .....(actually watching Jojo S5) since AOT season 3.

Man just watching that video made me want to rewatch this. I will eventually.

Im confused? Whats wrong?

The first season is one of the best animated shows Ive ever seen. Just stunning animation, have not seen animation that smooth, expressive and dramatic since Ping Pong the Animation. The art isnt as good as the manga but no anime is unless its a movie. That trailer is terrible though.

Also The Promised Neverland is something special. Ive just binged 8 episodes back to back. Its that damn good. Havent seen an anime this special since .....(actually watching Jojo S5) since AOT season 3.

its done by different company,mostly its people on youtube whining

Anyone like the original One Punch comic?By ONE? His art actually gets better as the story progresses. Fun to read.

fccf8c26e86a65e50f6d28d25a1678031ae575ee_hq.jpg

One-Punch-Man-3.jpg

Well damn, for the first time(that I can remember at least) in the New World, Zoro has actually taken damage from an opponent.

Hi anime fans, I just started watching Dororo. It seems pretty cool and has some nice samurai shit, it's on YouTube. Have a good day y'all.

Well damn, for the first time(that I can remember at least) in the New World, Zoro has actually taken damage from an opponent.
Fujitora and Hawkins damaged him.

Man just watching that video made me want to rewatch this. I will eventually.
I'm really loving this. I like how lived in it feels. Lot's of used/worked in machinery, very Ridley Scott-like, OG Star Wars.

I'm at the point where they made an alliance with the harem in Space guy (ep 10) and his company (Taiwaz, sp?). So many kids in an anime usually bothers me, but there's a good balance of ages, and a believable hierarchy

I like how it's set hundreds of years in the future, so you don't really need to know the lore from previous incarnations. This reminds me of Battletech, with so many companies and their smaller bands of Mechs (mobile suits) carving out a living.

I love how it starts in a small outpost of Mars, before slowly opening its universe up, great world building. It has dark moments too, and enough, but not too much, Anime titties :D

Thanks again for the recommendation! For those who like sci-fi anime, you'll especially enjoy 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans'. The dub is great!

Fujitora and Zoro fought? Not gonna lie Dressrosa was such a mess that I barely even remember it or Punk Hazard.
I don’t blame you. A million different characters running around.

They had a brief clash back in chapter 730.
To Zoro’s credit he did manage to push back Fujitora with an energy slash but he was clearly outmatched.

I don’t blame you. A million different characters running around.

They had a brief clash back in chapter 730.
To Zoro’s credit he did manage to push back Fujitora with an energy slash but he was clearly outmatched.

Yeah But Zoro isn't exactly the type you can put away so easily, Fujitora being so experienced knows how to get the upper hand right away . Zoro immediately returned a slash that impressed Fujitora. Fujitora is more that likely still stronger but the Gap between them probably isn't that vast.

Fujitora and Zoro fought? Not gonna lie Dressrosa was such a mess that I barely even remember it or Punk Hazard.

Dressrossa is an Arc that flows much better when you can marathon it. It is a slog when having to wait week to week but having the Story beats readily available you see how important this arc will be for future events. Doflamingo revealing that DF can be awakened, Fujitora showing hints that the Marines aren't all united similar to Smoker , also the Grand Luffy Fleet which will probably be involved in the final conflict or may even appear in Wano.

Yea I hated that. I can't stand watching rape like that it just bothers the shit out of me. I enjoyed the anime but yea fuck that first episode.
I can respect people liking it for whatever reasons they do, but it's such grody god awful crap with and UNGODLY huge problems regarding...Holy Fuck where would I even begin. For Dark Souls-esque fantasy I'd maybe go with the OG Lodoss War, Rage of Bahamut, Undead Adventurer(manga, very solid read), and Grimgar.

As an aside, please enjoy these images from Reincarnated as a Slime which is getting a second season next year.

goblins-reincarnated-slime.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I can answer ANY questions any of you guys may have about the series so ask away.

Don't expect much, the manga sucked.

What's wrong with Fire Brigade JBS? I've heard it's actually quite good.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Fire Brigade JBS? I've heard it's actually quite good.
I thought it was extraordinarily generic and boring. It might have been better if I hadn't read so many other shonens, but when you've read 50+ action shonens one of them really needs to do something above average to stand out. And Fire Brigade did not. The setting wasn't great, the characters weren't great, the plot wasn't great, the art wasn't great, the villains weren't great, the powers weren't great. It was just whole lot of 5/10 elements combining into a 3.5/10 whole.

Back