Rumored Ankalaev vs Walker UFC 294

I mean, we’re agreeing there. They made a mess of things previously which is why I’m saying no rush, let it play out if need be. Poatan vs. Jiri next makes the most sense, but we don’t know the status of Jiri. If Jiri isn’t ready, do Poatan vs. winner of this fight. That would be between most deserving contenders imo.

I feel like doing Krylov vs. Poatan just to get a champion because it will take too long like you suggested is doing exactly what you’re saying was bad with the Ankalaev/Blachowicz and Hill/Teixeira fights.
You're right.

But Kylov is a top 5 fighter coming off a win. It's not outrageous to give him a title shot given the circumstances. but you are right.

You're right.

But Kylov is a top 5 fighter coming off a win. It's not outrageous to give him a title shot given the circumstances. but you are right.

Definitely wouldn’t be the most egregious title shot we’ve ever seen for sure. But ideally he needs another win. Ankalaev would be on a 11 fight unbeaten streak if he beats Walker and of course Walker would have a massive win over Ankalaev if he won.

So I’d say they would be ahead of Krylov and I’d rather they waited for Poatan/Winner of that instead of rushing to crown a champion. But hopefully Jiri is ready to go and this discussion is meaningless, that’s the best fight and makes the most sense.

I'm guessing this means Rakic vs Krylov next?

Charles, Costa, & Walker vs Islam, Khamzat, & Ankalaev. Brazil vs Dagestan/Chechnya.

What other Brazil vs Dagestan fights could be added? Hopefully WillyCat & Brenner are on the card

Should be an easy ko for ankalaev but idk where his head is right now. He might be overly cautious and give Walker opportunities.

Walker has improved his game considerably so his physicality gives him a chance.

Charles, Costa, & Walker vs Islam, Khamzat, & Ankalaev. Brazil vs Dagestan/Chechnya.

What other Brazil vs Dagestan fights could be added? Hopefully WillyCat & Brenner are on the card
They will probably force Pantoja to defend his belt against Mokaev, Ulanbekov or Albazi. ;)

Yes walker is very fun fighter. New overeem

more like econoreem if we're making a reem comparison

he used to be wild as fuck but since his time under Kavanaugh he has been turned into a cautious point fighter which has been great for him in the sense that he doesn't get KOed left and right as much anymore but not at all as dangerous or entertaining for the fans

Ankalaev gonna take him down and beat him up I would imagine.
Depends on if and when he remembers he has better wrestling than just about anyone in the UFC at LHW. The Jan fight looks like it would have been an easy win if Ankalaev didn't forget he could wrestle till halfway through the fight.

What a weird fight. Walker is nowhere near a title shot. Almost seems like a squash match for the Muslim crowd. Nice opportunity for Walker to leapfrog a bunch of people.
Johnny is actually #6 in the UFC rankings. He's closer to a title shot than he should be but it's LHW.

People starting to overrate Walker again, but Cutelaba, Craig and washed Smith is not that great. He gonna get chinned again

Stay busy fight for Ankalaev .Ankalaev against Pereira is very interesting, i think his style matches very well with Pereira, he will win the standup i think.

Walker is the perennially dangerous gatekeeper, much akin to Michael Johnson. He’s the guy that you should beat, but always poses a threat to anyone in the top ten. Uncle Dana is praying for a hiccup so he can send the beard to the PFL.

Magomed is disliked by Dana and even more so by the fans, but that not withstanding, he’s gotten the short end of the LHW stick.

He’ll get past Walker and defeat the winner of Jiri/Poatan to claim his thrown.

ankalaev is gonna be shook

fighting a guy who is named after a haram drink and is a former stripper.

Way more likely that Ankalaev wins but if Walker can at least make it to a title fight or ideally win one I feel like he’ll be vindicated. If not then lots of people will always consider him a clown.

Walker showed solid defensive grappling against Craig and Cutelaba. Looked... okayish against Spann (got taken down twice on two attempts, controlled briefly, but was able to reverse and get back to his feet before landing those brutal and quite possibly illegal hellbows). But Ankalaev when he actually comes to wrestle hard like he did against Jan late is a whole different beast who also has a very serviceable, well-rounded striking game with more than enough power to crack Walker to boot.

Magomed should be a significant favorite, but I guess Walker is somewhat live as an ITD underdog. Wouldn't catch me betting on him, though.

What's Walker's grappling like? Is he gonna be able to stuff a few TD's?

Walker's not actually all that bad on the ground but when Ankalaev has top position on you it's never a good time no matter who you are.

Wondering if Ankalaev learned a lesson from his last fight or if he's still going to be a striker. This has potential for Ank to finish Johnny on the ground or be a boring 3 round point fight. Maybe the old Johnny will come out and land something crazy.

Back