News Another comedian accused of rape..... this time of a 15 year old girl.

It's not necessarily that more people are mentally ill today, as much as it is that psychology was in its infancy generation's ago. And no, a 13 year old should be getting an education. Not working so they can compensate for adults that aren't properly providing for them.

I agree a 13 year old should be getting an education, provided an education is something that contributes something to someone's life. If all an education means is sitting in a classroom doing schoolwork, which ultimately contributes nothing to people's lives, then I would have to disagree. From my own experience, all of the schoolwork and homework I did was largely sent to the trashcan at the end of it. What lessons can any reasonable person deduce from such practices, other than that all your efforts are for naught and their results are ultimately trash?

The average 13 year old is not mature enough to work anyway.

That's an assertion, but will certainly not stand up to the evidence. Note the example I gave you in a previous post, David Farragut. Unless you are saying that currently 13 year olds are artificially being made immature, in which case I would agree, but this can be reversed.

The polaroids she has of him and also of them together doesn’t look good for him
He doesn't deny knowing her or her presence at comedy clubs at the time. The polaroids she's presented don't show a damn thing other than a casual acquaintance.

I dont care if its true or not. Im discussing the phenonenon itself. It could be any set of names and dates and would make no difference.

By your own logic you should not think it isnt true. You should just be neutral.
Wrong. You don't understand how logic works. Neutrality isn't the default. The presumption of innocence is rooted in logic.

In other words, when someone posits an allegation or a statement, we assume it is untrue until that person substantiates it with evidence. That person is the one asserting something. It's their burden to prove it. Otherwise, since without evidence we are ignorant, it is logical to default to the presumption that nothing happened (which was our operating knowledge prior to the allegation).

Wrong. You don't understand how logic works. Neutrality isn't the default. The presumption of innocence is rooted in logic.

In other words, when someone posits an allegation or a statement, we assume it is untrue until that person substantiates it with evidence. That person is the one asserting something. It's their burden to prove it. Otherwise, since without evidence we are ignorant, it is logical to default to the presumption that nothing happened (which was our operating knowledge prior to the allegation).

if presumption of innocence is the default then you should not have assumed I took a side on the specific persons guilt on this topic because i did not. as a mod you might want to read threads thoroughly before you post on what people think in them.

I’m talking about what 13 year olds are qualified to do in a world where we have nuclear plants and almost everyone has the opportunity to learn advanced mathematics.

If we are talking about qualifications, then we have to admit that 13 year olds are artificially made unqualified to do anything by the current schooling system, it has nothing to do with their age. As for mathematics.

Homework is goddamn important for some fields because the student is learning to, hopefully, interact with and understand the little mysteries contained in their text book. Written by a professional in the field, rather than their stressed out teacher. It’s their only interaction with a world they might enter.

Oh if only homework was just reading a textbook, then I would be all for homework. The issue is, children are to be graded and tested and that it must be done constantly. There is also a misconception in the teaching community that learning something fast is good, what they fail to see is that someone who learns something slowly might go much more in depth and ultimately have a better understanding of the subject.

I don’t really care if we once sent 13 year olds to their deaths charging enemy ships, and I don’t think it was a great thing to have to send 18 year olds to their deaths at the beaches of Normandy. These are things to be avoided. Unlike homework, which can be squeezed for lots of information like a warm lemon, before being discarded; if it’s the right homework.

Unfortunately for your narrative but fortunately for him, David Farragut lived many more years after being tasked with capturing that enemy ship. I never mentioned anything about Normandy so why that's brought into the conversation doesn't make sense.

Unlike homework, which can be squeezed for lots of information like a warm lemon, before being discarded; if it’s the right homework.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, if someone puts in a ton effort to do "homework" and it is ultimately discarded then the only lesson that can be deduced by any reasonable person is that all their efforts are for naught and ultimately trash.

If we are talking about qualifications, then we have to admit that 13 year olds are artificially made unqualified to do anything by the current schooling system, it has nothing to do with their age. As for mathematics.

Oh if only homework was just reading a textbook, then I would be all for homework. The issue is, children are to be graded and tested and that it must be done constantly. There is also a misconception in the teaching community that learning something fast is good, what they fail to see is that someone who learns something slowly might go much more in depth and ultimately have a better understanding of the subject.

Unfortunately for your narrative but fortunately for him, David Farragut lived many more years after being tasked with capturing that enemy ship. I never mentioned anything about Normandy so why that's brought into the conversation doesn't make sense.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, if someone puts in a ton effort to do "homework" and it is ultimately discarded then the only lesson that can be deduced by any reasonable person is that all their efforts are for naught and ultimately trash.

Well, you managed to say nothing new in this dull post, there’s nothing here that I hadn’t already addressed.

I can see you’ve made up your mind on a subject you don’t have much insight on. See you around!

He doesn't deny knowing her or her presence at comedy clubs at the time. The polaroids she's presented don't show a damn thing other than a casual acquaintance.
You’re right, it’s too easy to accuse people without due diligence

Back