News Another comedian accused of rape..... this time of a 15 year old girl.

I understand the law, but I am speaking in the broader sense of the recent cases where just the accusation is enough to end a career, or worse.
The cancel culture here is becoming a real problem and isn't something I support.

Was just throwing out my 2 cents on statutory rape itself. I don't really agree with the seemingly common opinion that it's "not as bad" because the minor consented. They aren't mature enough to consent. And victimizers continually seek out young and immature victims precisely because they're easier to manipulate.

The cancel culture here is becoming a real problem and isn't something I support.

Was just throwing out my 2 cents on statutory rape itself. I don't really agree with the seemingly common opinion that it's "not as bad" because the minor consented. They aren't mature enough to consent. And victimizers continually seek out young and immature victims precisely because they're easier to manipulate.
well, what's your opinion on a Frenchman in France who is 30 but meets a girl through his job and after a year of getting to know her through their work relationship begins a romantic relationship with her when she is 16.

Keep in mind that the age of consent in France is 15 so he met the girl while she was 'of age' and it was only after becoming familiar over a period of time something began after she had been of age for over a year. Is that person the monster rapist they would be considered in the specific states in America where the age of consent is at least 17?

well, what's your opinion on a Frenchman in France who is 30 but meets a girl through his job and after a year of getting to know her through their work relationship begins a romantic relationship with her when she is 16.

Keep in mind that the age of consent in France is 15 so he met the girl while she was 'of age' and it was only after becoming familiar over a period of time something began after she had been of age for over a year. Is that person the monster rapist they would be considered in the specific states in America where the age of consent is at least 17?
I think it's incredibly bizarre. What the fuck kind of grown ass adult becomes "close friends" with teenagers and wants to date them? It's fucking weird imo and I would not approve.

I think it's incredibly bizarre. What the fuck kind of grown ass adult becomes "close friends" with teenagers and wants to date them? It's fucking weird imo and I would not approve.
I don't know but somewhere with different age of consent laws they might see it just as something like, "I met a hot chick at work today." I'm guessing if at one of your work environments if you met a hot chick that was of age you'd just be thinking she's a hot chick. Now if you met a hot chick that was a couple months away from the age of consent and you didn't know her age and by the time you asked she was of age you'd probably still just be thinking, "I met a hot chick at work today."

The issue becomes when that age of consent in one place is below the age of consent in another place and we judge that person by our standards with the higher age of consent. Of course it's going to look bad for them if they met the person under the age of consent but it will still look bad to us even if they followed the age of consent laws in their land where they acted in good conscience.

I don't know but somewhere with different age of consent laws they might see it just as something like, "I met a hot chick at work today." I'm guessing if at one of your work environments if you met a hot chick that was of age you'd just be thinking she's a hot chick. Now if you met a hot chick that was a couple months away from that age and you didn't know her age and by the time you asked she was of age you'd probably still just be thinking, "I met a hot chick at work today."

The issue becomes when that age of consent in one place is below the age of consent in another place and we judge that person by our standards with the higher age of consent. Of course it's going to look bad for them if they met the person under the age of consent but it will still look bad to us even if they followed the age of consent laws in their land where they acted in good conscience.
I understand that cultures vary significantly throughout the world, but I can only go off of my moral compass. I've seen way, way too many abusers looking to take advantage of minors because they're typically easily manipulated.

There's also the expectation that a relationship involves some level of emotional and intellectual compatibility. Frankly, the average 15 and 30 year old pair should be at vastly different places in their lives. One of my friends has a 15 year old ffs and I could never imagine looking at them as an adult. Last year I was talking to two different girls, one early 20s and one mid 30s.

Ended up going for the mid 30s one. I was very physically attracted to the younger girl, but just couldn't get past how immature and bratty she was. Can't imagine trying to date a girl still in high school.

I understand that cultures vary significantly throughout the world, but I can only go off of my moral compass. I've seen way, way too many abusers looking to take advantage of minors because they're typically easily manipulated.

There's also the expectation that a relationship involves some level of emotional and intellectual compatibility. Frankly, the average 15 and 30 year old pair should be at vastly different places in their lives. One of my friends has a 15 year old ffs and I could never imagine looking at them as an adult. Last year I was talking to two different girls, one early 20s and one mid 30s.

Ended up going for the mid 30s one. I was very physically attracted to the younger girl, but just couldn't get past how immature and bratty she was. Can't imagine trying to date a girl still in high school.
Wouldn't you say the same thing about the situation if the girl was 16 and the guy was 30 though?

That's the thing though the age of consent may have been 16 there. If the age of consent was 16 there then it might be a situation where someone met a chick at work while she was 17 and they started dating a few months later when she was 18. If you come from a place where the age of consent is 18 then you wouldn't really give it much thought. Now imagine people from a place where the age of consent is 20 years old passing judgement.

It's too fucking easy to apply our moral standards to a place that has a different set of rules and see an individual made into a monster.

Wouldn't you say the same thing about the situation if the girl was 16 and the guy was 30 though?

That's the thing though the age of consent may have been 16 there. If the age of consent was 16 there then it might be a situation where someone met a chick at work while she was 17 and they started dating a few months later when she was 18. If you come from a place where the age of consent is 18 then you wouldn't really give it much thought. Now imagine people from a place where the age of consent is 20 years old passing judgement.

It's too fucking easy to apply our moral standards to a place that has a different set of rules and see an individual made into a monster.
Yes I would for sure apply the same standard regardless of gender. Having an arbitrary cutoff is really our only option. The thing that bothers me, is there's a built in social stigma against going after people that much younger than you, at least here. So people are breaking the law and violating social norms.

As far as people in other countries go, it's not really any of my business. I understand they might have a completely different set of cultural rules somewhere else.

Yes I would for sure apply the same standard regardless of gender. Having an arbitrary cutoff is really our only option. The thing that bothers me, is there's a built in social stigma against going after people that much younger than you, at least here. So people are breaking the law and violating social norms.
The thing is, is this was from a different time and in that specific region it seemed to be considered normal by at least the chicks Dad. Maybe he's a bad judge of character but maybe that shit was just kind of normal at one point in time in pockets of our own country and maybe that time wasn't so long ago.

It's just way too easy to go look at UFC1 through the lens of UFC 251 eyes and being critical.

Comedian Jeff Ross Accused of Sexual Relationship with 15-Year-Old Girl
His accuser, Jessica Radtke, also says the comedian took explicit photos of minors

According to Radtke, she met Ross after getting a job at the Boston Comedy Club. The club’s booker, Gina Savage, had realized that Radtke’s father had alcohol problems, leaving Jessica virtually unattended. “Gina noticed that my father was really drunk and I was a teenager coming to a comedy club all the time,” she said. “So she approached me to the side and said, ‘Hey, listen. Would you like a job?'”

It was there that she met Jeff Ross in July of 1999. “I’ll never forget what he was wearing,” she told Vulture. “It was an orange long-sleeve shirt, green cargo shorts, and white Adidas shell toes with black stripes on them,” she said. “And he did this thing — he was looking at me, and he winked at me. Something in me was like, Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, because no one had ever winked at me like that.”

The first time that Ross asked her on a date, he reportedly asked her father’s permission. But that gesture wasn’t repeated, and soon Radtke had moved some of her things into Ross’ apartment. Her father confirmed to Vulture that he was aware of their sexual relationship. “I didn’t really monitor what she was doing because she was savvy enough to take the subway and go around, and she was hanging out with adults,” he said. “I trusted her judgment.” On the subject of the age gap between Jessica and Ross, he indicated approval. “If you go out with a 17-year-old guy, he may want to drive fast and impress you and you get killed, you know?” he said. “I really didn’t think much of it.”

In addition to having “a lot” of unprotected sex, Radtke said that Ross took explicit photographs of her. “He would have a preference that I shave my vagina completely off. He was very mad whenever I wore red lipstick or really dark makeup. He didn’t like it if I looked too grown-up or too ‘whore-y.’ He liked that I was innocent.”

The sexual relationship between Ross and Radtke continued through her 18th birthday, around which time she came across other explicit polaroids in Ross’ apartment. “They were not women. They didn’t have any pubic hair,” she remembers. They broke up, but after Ross “begged” her, they eventually got back together. “Somehow he explained it to me, and I felt like a hypocrite, so I went back.” The relationship ended for good after her 22nd birthday.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020...mL_Ve8zu7kF_n58mgjdPfubapR02F5pwcY567XuRm8I8c

View attachment 789049

Oh come on. Does this look like the face of a sexual predator?

another one bite the dust

What a fucking creep. If true cancel that fucking nonce yesterday.

Who could have ever imagined kid diddling was such a popular hobby

Dam. He's a good roaster.

Oh no say it isn't so...

tenor.gif

Fuck 'em.

Her dad needs stringing up too. Prick.

The photos of minors she said she'd seen at his ain't bullshit on her. That's paedophilia.

Even so, the law says she can't consent... Think about how dumb a 15 year old is and how easily manipulated one can be.

(FTR I say the same for underaged males).

What's weird is that the father was cool with it. I know underaged marriages can occur with a parents approval, but relationships can't? The law is so damn weird.

After I had a page-long argument with a guy that 12 year olds are too young to f*ck (on the Mary Kay Letourneau post) I realized topics like this are a lost cause with some folks.

She's young, dumb and easily manipulated? Not all these cases have a "victim" in the traditional sense, but they are getting victimized all the same. If a 13 year old girl falls in love with with 40 year old man, is that on her, or the adult taking advantage of a young impressionable mind?

Is it just me, or does damn near everyone who pisses on Trump, almost immediately has their skeletons yanked out of their closets!?

I love Jeff Ross' roasts, but he started pissing all over Trump a year, or two ago.

thank goodness we have laws in place to protect children who are not developed mentally and cannot think things through critically from adults who are despicable and who choose to harm them.

what country do you live in?
Why do y'all blindly accept hearsay from any random stranger?

I don't believe her.

Wow, comedians falling like flies....how many more will we see?

The thing is, is this was from a different time and in that specific region it seemed to be considered normal by at least the chicks Dad. Maybe he's a bad judge of character but maybe that shit was just kind of normal at one point in time in pockets of our own country and maybe that time wasn't so long ago.

It's just way too easy to go look at UFC1 through the lens of UFC 251 eyes and being critical.
Dude it was 1999 not 1899. In america. I was here at that time, and I can tell you that shit was not considered normal. Her dad is an idiot. I'll share a little anecdote from one of my friends in 1999.

My friend, we'll call him Dave had been chatting up one of the local mallrat girls. He was maybe 21 or 22. He assumed the girl was around his age. She absolutely had the body of an adult college girl, so I understand why he thought that. Anyway he got her number and was very excited, but at some point in conversation her age came up and it turns out she was 13 years old. I couldn't believe it. She sure as hell did not LOOK 13, I can tell you that much.

You know what my friend did? Told her he couldn't go out with her, then warned us she was a fucking middle school girl so nobody else would try to smash. My buddy was a bit of a horndog , went through lots of girls. But he never even considered the idea of doing anything sexual with a girl that young, even if she was already fully physically developed. Because that's something that's just an ingrained part of morality here.

So you can see why we look at people seemingly supporting or encouraging such relationships with suspicion. That's why I try to pay attention to where posters are from when this topic comes up. It's pretty suspect for an american for example to act like this stuff is benign. We know very well that often it is not, and the damaged caused is severe and usually permanent.

Dude it was 1999 not 1899. In america. I was here at that time, and I can tell you that shit was not considered normal. Her dad is an idiot. I'll share a little anecdote from one of my friends in 1999.

My friend, we'll call him Dave had been chatting up one of the local mallrat girls. He was maybe 21 or 22. He assumed the girl was around his age. She absolutely had the body of an adult college girl, so I understand why he thought that. Anyway he got her number and was very excited, but at some point in conversation her age came up and it turns out she was 13 years old. I couldn't believe it. She sure as hell did not LOOK 13, I can tell you that much.

You know what my friend did? Told her he couldn't go out with her, then warned us she was a fucking middle school girl so nobody else would try to smash. My buddy was a bit of a horndog , went through lots of girls. But he never even considered the idea of doing anything sexual with a girl that young, even if she was already fully physically developed. Because that's something that's just an ingrained part of morality here.

So you can see why we look at people seemingly supporting or encouraging such relationships with suspicion. That's why I try to pay attention to where posters are from when this topic comes up. It's pretty suspect for an american for example to act like this stuff is benign. We know very well that often it is not, and the damaged caused is severe and usually permanent.
Yeah, you think that and I think that but that's because we have the privilege of being born where and when we did.

I don't think anyone will argue over the 13 year old but what I'm talking about is for people in their 50's and older maybe even late 40's. The culture they grew up in was different especially in places with age of consent laws that are 16. Places like that people probably are married and have kids by age 20 or something like that. I mean can you fucking believe that places have the age of consent as 16? It seems crazy but it's a thing.

It's too easy for people to see themselves as morally superior as they pass judgement on someone without proof then create an echo chamber that confirms that they are morally superior.

If indeed it did happen, where do you draw the line? I was pretty grown up for my age but a girl of 15 years and 364 days old is off limits and not mature enough to be having sex with someone far older. Fuck "only".
For this state, the line is 16. My point is that the law might not be as sensible as you hoped in the previous comment.

For this state, the line is 16. My point is that the law might not be as sensible as you hoped in the previous comment.
Do people think that the age of consent should be raised there or what are peoples opinion of it?

I agree 15 is too young. Hell, anyone under 25 should abstain imo, but, we cause this shit to ourselves. We let our kids act too grown up in all manner of crap now. The things I see that parents let their kids do, and how many others see no problem with it, just drives me bananas. It doesn’t start with a grown up sexual mentality. It is the small things we do that add up

And Ross just has a creep face too.
You're advocating for people to be virgins until they're 25? lol

It seems most people don't know that in the past by the age of 12 you were a fully grown adult with real adult responsibilities. It was around the age of 13 that David Farragut was tasked with capturing an enemy ship, clearly his superiors didn't think him too young for the job. Compare that real responsibility with the false responsibility of homework, one has a direct impact on the people around you and the other has no impact on anybody.

Somehow, someone decided that expending adolescence would be a good idea, that locking people up in classrooms away from the world would be more beneficial for them and the world at large than being engaged with the family, community and the world at large.

Right, the world would be much better if we were still sending 13 year olds to capture enemy ships.

Back