Another Paddy thread

Not sure why he's not next in title contention to be honest. I mean, they propelled that jabroni ill Michael Chandler to the title shot after one fight.

I’m from Liverpool and live not that far from Paddy and I just wanted to say he’s a good kid.

Serious question: I am American. I am very familiar (obviously) with the Beatles and have heard Paul and John speak in many, many interviews.

What is up with Liverpudlians like Till and Paddy having that mucusy, back of the throat thing (like they're honking up loogies) on the consonants? Paul and John didn't have anything remotely like that going on with their speech.

Is this some evolution of the dialect? Or is this specific to some certain neighborhood in Liverpool?

Thanks!

Hi Paddy !
giphy.gif

Serious question: I am American. I am very familiar (obviously) with the Beatles and have heard Paul and John speak in many, many interviews.

What is up with Liverpudlians like Till and Paddy having that mucusy, back of the throat thing (like they're honking up loogies) on the consonants? Paul and John didn't have anything remotely like that going on with their speech.

Is this some evolution of the dialect? Or is this specific to some certain neighborhood in Liverpool?

Thanks!

hahaha. This is very hard to answer. Some people in Liverpool have a very Scouse accent. I wouldn’t quite say it’s a area thing, I think it’s more of a people thing. I don’t talk as strong as Till or Paddy, but I have friends that do. Some people from Liverpool talk even worse than Paddy and Till and it’s actually very cringey.

hahaha. This is very hard to answer. Some people in Liverpool have a very Scouse accent. I wouldn’t quite say it’s a area thing, I think it’s more of a people thing. I don’t talk as strong as Till or Paddy, but I have friends that do. Some people from Liverpool talk even worse than Paddy and Till and it’s actually very cringey.

That's interesting. So even back in the 1960's there were "Scousers" who talked with that phlegmy consonant sound in Liverpool? It's basically always been around? I can't even listen to it for more than a couple minutes.

That's interesting. So even back in the 1960's there were "Scousers" who talked with that phlegmy consonant sound in Liverpool? It's basically always been around? I can't even listen to it for more than a couple minutes.

I would Imagine so yes. I’m from Liverpool and I find it hard to listen to myself hahaha. It’s a very hard thing to explain.

It’s all that needs to be said. Your post is way too emotional and obviously a symptom of your circumstances rather than there being any actual substance to your point. Paddy is alright. Here’s a video of him on my mates podcast

He’s a cocky kid but he’s not the devil like you’re making out.

Yeah, a few Sherdog lard asses are already hating on him, but it doesn't matter.

Hate threads are inevitable

And it's usually from obese man child's who masturbate way too much

It’s all that needs to be said. Your post is way too emotional and obviously a symptom of your circumstances rather than there being any actual substance to your point. Paddy is alright. Here’s a video of him on my mates podcast

He’s a cocky kid but he’s not the devil like you’re making out.

LOL, now you're pretending like I made him out to be the devil, and projecting (further) emotion onto me. Get lost. I think he's a cocky, annoying, not-very-charismatic kid with a bowl cut. I'm not a huge fan of anyone, inside or outside of MMA, with that kind of personality. Sorry that *clearly* offends you, and sorry you see that as "way too emotional". Sounds like you've got some personal biases towards him, and need to check your own emotions, because clearly this is such an emotional topic for both of us. -_-

Back