Another Police Brutality thread: 8 year old Tased

Much better to wrestle with and risk serious injury.

So a cop should risk getting stabbed? If the girl refuses to put down the knife then what are they supposed to do?

So a cop should risk getting stabbed? If the girl refuses to put down the knife then what are they supposed to do?

According to the lawyer one cop distracts her the other takes the knife. I really don't know why these officers couldn't come up with that on their own. They clearly need an ambulance chaser to teach them use of force and defensive tactics.

I see nothing wrong here. Don't think its worth possibly getting cut or stabbed when you can use a less lethal option.

According to the lawyer one cop distracts her the other takes the knife. I really don't know why these officers couldn't come up with that on their own. They clearly need an ambulance chaser to teach them use of force and defensive tactics.

Still seems like a risky move to pull when someone has a giant kitchen knife. I guess they should have waited it out and wait for her to get tired or put the knife down. Maybe spike some water and offer it to sedate her.

fcuk! shes 8! if uv been around kids any decent length of time you would appreciate ones innocence at 8

8 man, i mean come on.

tazed at 8!

death by a grown man at 8!

and u wonder why the religeous nuts made up hell!

there actions are plain wrong! the baby was 8, 8 years young

Lol I don't understand the outrage. Better to risk a tase, than to get stabbed by a knife, or risk having their body weight thrown into her at a weird angle and possibly break any bones on her. Due to her size and all, I'm quite sure it wasn't a lethal attack by the officers.

I don't pretend that all law enforcement officers are good guys, but I still don't understand why we should be outraged that the girl got off with just being tased. In my experience being tased does suck, but I would rather take that then any of the other implications that might have been involved. It says in the article she was endangering herself (threatening to stab herself or something, idk) so you don't have time to just sit around staring at her.

Still seems like a risky move to pull when someone has a giant kitchen knife. I guess they should have waited it out and wait for her to get tired or put the knife down. Maybe spike some water and offer it to sedate her.

I honestly think given the situation, the taser was the best option. Despite what the lawyer is saying that is not a child throwing a temper tantrum. That is a very dangerous situation for the child to be in. The taser rendered her defenseless without any lasting injury. Who knows what waiting would have led to. Clearly waiting for the police to arrive wasn't enough time.

This isn't police brutality. The taser was the best option IMO. Should they have piled on her causing greater risk of injury to themselves or the girl? They immediately provided her with medical attention at the conclusion of the taser. Where is the brutality?

Do you know what a paring knife is?
Paring knives are usually between 6 and 10cm (2

I don't see the problem here, she was threatening to cut herself and others so they used the best method to percent anyone from getting hurt.

A paring knife can still do damage. I think they used the best option available to them. Their attorney sounds very professional. One cop distracts her while the other one takes the knife? Sounds like a poor idea to me.

A paring knife can still do damage. I think they used the best option available to them. Their attorney sounds very professional. One cop distracts her while the other one takes the knife? Sounds like a poor idea to me.

The attorney is full of sit but with his type that's no surprise.

So you would have jumped on her and fight for the knife? Most likely getting seriously cut or getting her cut.

me and my 4 buddies who all outweigh her by at least 100 pounds each, yeah.

fcuk! shes 8! if uv been around kids any decent length of time you would appreciate ones innocence at 8

8 man, i mean come on.

tazed at 8!

death by a grown man at 8!

and u wonder why the religeous nuts made up hell!

there actions are plain wrong! the baby was 8, 8 years young

2nd post in almost 10 years?

me and my 4 buddies who all outweigh her by at least 100 pounds each, yeah.

Say each cop weighed 200 pounds. 800 pounds crushing down on her 70 pound frame is less likely to cause serious injury than a taser? No matter which way you slice it, it's not brutality.

since apparently people are not aware, the police arent supposed to use tasers on pregnant women, kids or the elderly. Sourced from the incredibly liberal police chief magazine.

Officers may not use an ECD on a visibly pregnant woman (or one who informs the officer of her pregnancy) unless deadly force is the only other option. These same restrictions would apply to children and the elderly.
http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...=print_display&article_id=2574&issue_id=12012

Back