Another Police Brutality thread: 8 year old Tased

You gotta watch out for those paring knives. Shits dangerous!

Seriously. tasing a kid with a paring knife is the definition of not going the extra mile.

Probably could have thrown a large bucket of ice water on her and got her to drop the knife. And raised awareness for ALS!

Probably could have thrown a large bucket of ice water on her and got her to drop the knife. And raised awareness for ALS!

srcstc.gif

Not a huge fan of the Taser. It is a device for a certain problem set and is usually used in place of going hands on, which leads to bad uses of the Taser.

As far as people dying, Tasers have never been shown to be the primary factor in any death by the courts. Usually pared with heavy drug use, excited delirium and other factors. There is a Taser master instructor in CA that has been tased something like 1000 times during training. He's not dead. If a taser is the death dealing little sparky that some on here think, wouldn't he be dead?

Some police departments employ the taser on all officers prior to issuing, I've never heard of any of them dying.

With all that said, I think it was used improperly in this circumstance. Not really egregious, all went home uninjured but not the best choice. I'd much rather be tased then pepper sprayed. OC lasts forever, taser deployment is a few seconds.

Absolutely mental.
Who is conducting these psych evaluations to allow these fuckwits into the force?

Cops these days are as soft as baby poop. It's just a sad story. How could they not disarm an 8yr old female with a small knife without tasing her?

The thing that scares me is, if I'm ever in a position that I may need to phone the police for anything other than a traffic accident, are they going to make the situation worse?

When you have a hammer - every problem looks like a nail.

My daughter is 8. An 8 year old girl is so slow and uncoordinated. ANY grown man should be able to easily take a knife from her unscathed. Cops are such pussies these days.

Back