Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira or Daniel Cormier - Who do you rank higher in the GOAT rankings?

Who do you rank higher in the GOAT rankings?

• Total voters
Ooo that’s a good one. I think Nog

This isn't about ranking them as heavyweights, it's about their entire careers.

Cormier is higher in the goat rankings.

Counting just wins and disregarding losses Big Nog might have the best HW accolades overall, even better than Fedor

Bob Sapp when he was a killer
Kharitonov
Hendo
Ricco Rodriquez when he was 14-2
Cro Cop
Werdum
Mark Coleman fresh of the GP win
Barnett
Tim Sylvia
Couture (not prime)
Heath Herring

Of course he also had a couple of losses but overall I'd rank this higher than Cormiers with, counting LHW

Bigfoot when he was a killer
Barnett
Frank Mir
Hendo
Miocic
Anderson (not prime)
Gustafsson
Lewis
Rumble x2

But it's actually closer then I thought when I voted in the first place

It's close but Big Nog gets my vote. This might sound sentimental but the fact that he survived getting run over by a truck to become one of the most badass mofos ever to step into the cage tends to make me a little biased... War Big Nog.

Nog had the better resume yet Cormier in skill would have beat the shit out of any form of Nog or his brother. Different era comparisons rarely are fed air to older era achievements or newer era skill and you have to fairly weight both to come close to a reasonable statement imo

Nog to me. DC had a good run but it felt really short and part of his career was LHW. If he had just a bit more longevity and a run at HW, he would take it.

Both had incredible careers. One fought the greatest MMA HW fighter in Fedor.

The other fought who most consider the second greatest MMA HW fighter in Stipe.

Cormier also competed in LHW and did very well in that weight class.

Who do you rank higher in your all-time list?

Antonio_Rodrigo_Nogueira_%22Minotauro%22_Paris_-_2004.JPG

ghnewsok-OK-3892886-85834371.jpeg
Not even close
DC is a legit 2 division champion who just couldn’t beat jones
Jog lost to everyone

Not even close
DC is a legit 2 division champion who just couldn’t beat jones
Jog lost to everyone
"Jog" didn't begin "losing to everyone" until 11 years into his career, up until he retired in his 16th year.
Dan retired in his 11th year, and hadn't won a fight since his 9th year. If Cormier continued fighting another 5 years he would have continued "losing to everyone" as well because old guys lose fights.

You're giving Daniel extra credit for retiring with less mileage, which is absurd.

Last edited:
I know MMAth is bad...

But look at common opponents where either Cormier or Big Nog suffered a loss...

Roy Nelson. Big Nog Loss by KO. Cormier Win by Decision. (Fights occurred six months apart)

Frank Mir. Big Nog Loss by tech submission and TKO. Cormer win by decision.

Josh Barnett. Big Nog was 1-1 with a win by decision. Cormer win by decision.

Dan Henderson. Big Nog was 1-1 with a win by sub. Cormier won by submission.

Four guys defeated Big Nog that couldn't beat Cormier. Cormier straight up ragdolled Barnett.

The answer to me is clear, Cormier held championships in two divisions in the UFC and destroyed the strikeforce heavweight grand prix when he was fresh and new to prize fighting. The thing that hurts Cormier's legacy the most is that he will always be in the shadow of Jon Jones and he spent his prime athletic years at LHW because Cain was his friend and was at HW. Had the Cormier that ran through Monson, Bigfoot, Barnett, Big Country, and Mir stayed at HW and never ventured down a weight class, his status as HW GOAT, and possibly GOAT regardless of weight class, would be unquestioned.

I know MMAth is bad...

But look at common opponents where either Cormier or Big Nog suffered a loss...

Roy Nelson. Big Nog Loss by KO. Cormier Win by Decision. (Fights occurred six months apart)

Frank Mir. Big Nog Loss by tech submission and TKO. Cormer win by decision.

Josh Barnett. Big Nog was 1-1 with a win by decision. Cormer win by decision.

Dan Henderson. Big Nog was 1-1 with a win by sub. Cormier won by submission.

Four guys defeated Big Nog that couldn't beat Cormier. Cormier straight up ragdolled Barnett.

The answer to me is clear, Cormier held championships in two divisions in the UFC and destroyed the strikeforce heavweight grand prix when he was fresh and new to prize fighting. The thing that hurts Cormier's legacy the most is that he will always be in the shadow of Jon Jones and he spent his prime athletic years at LHW because Cain was his friend and was at HW. Had the Cormier that ran through Monson, Bigfoot, Barnett, Big Country, and Mir stayed at HW and never ventured down a weight class, his status as HW GOAT, and possibly GOAT regardless of weight class, would be unquestioned.
Both guys are from different eras. Your lazy ass wikipedia research dont mean dick

Both guys are from different eras. Your lazy ass wikipedia research dont mean dick

That's the best you've got? If you disagree with an opinion, refute it. Different eras? The dudes were in the UFC at the same time.

So, tell me...why is/was Big Nog the greater fighter?

Big Nog was 5-6 as a professional when fighting in an organization that actually had some semblance of drug testing.

I'll give Big Nog a lot of credit, at least he didn't do like Cro Cop and Fedor and flee back to fighting in Japan after hitting a losing streak to suddenly, mysteriously, find themselves able to win fights again.

The dudes were in the UFC at the same time.
When Cormier joined the UFC, Nogueira had been fighting in MMA for 14 years already.... Cormier retired after 11 years and stopped winning fights by 9 years.

It's incredible to me how many people are oblivious to the concept of time.

Nog to me. DC had a good run but it felt really short and part of his career was LHW. If he had just a bit more longevity and a run at HW, he would take it.
Wtf are you talking about?

DC was top 10 from 2011 to 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back