News Anthony Johnson re-entering drug testing in preparation for comeback.

Cormier should announce tomorrow for fun that he is cancelling his retirement and moving back to 205...

Rumble out

Man both LHW and HW just got exciting!!!! I don't see anybody beating Rumble if he comes back to form. No wrestler/grappler that would give him any trouble. Glover is the pnly one in the top 10 w decent grappling and Rumble already deaded him. It's gonna be exciting!!!!!

Is it gonna be the same Rumble? Time has gone by and by the time he comes back it will be well over 3 years.

So stoked just hope he's mentally there and doesn't make stupid mistakes

Just as Jones announces he is vacating the title.

Coincidence?
Def not. There aren't any serious wrestlers at 205 now so johnson probably feels he's got a great shot at the title. However, as soon as things start to go south he usually quits (he admitted he wants the fights to be over when he gets taken down) so it isn't a sure thing that he beats every serious contender now, by any means.

Is it gonna be the same Rumble? Time has gone by and by the time he comes back it will be well over 3 years.
Absolutely not. He is probably going to get wrecked in his 1st comeback fight, and then retire again in his 2nd.

You don't just comeback like that and continue. He isn't exactly a Conor or a GSP when it comes to training. He was fat and now he's 36.

If he went to HW it would've been fun cause there are some less athletic guys up there and some old dudes he can beat up.

Everyone likes the idea of a Rumble comback, as do I. But I don't see it happening.

Fuck yeah! Jones vs Johnson at HW would be insane. The fight that should have happened a long time ago. He made Jon run.

This is true, but he was into bodybuilding for a while there and weighed 285 at one point.
Yeah.

But let's be honest... he was on every PED under the sun.. and some of them (like testosterone) tend to make you retain water so you weight even more.

Off cycle Rumble has the perfect frame for LHW.

Absolutely not. He is probably going to get wrecked in his 1st comeback fight, and then retire again in his 2nd.

You don't just comeback like that and continue. He isn't exactly a Conor or a GSP when it comes to training. He was fat and now he's 36.

If he went to HW it would've been fun cause there are some less athletic guys up there and some old dudes he can beat up.

Everyone likes the idea of a Rumble comback, as do I. But I don't see it happening.
He could be fast at HW.. but guys like Blaydes would lay on him without much issues.

LHW is way deeper than when he left. Guys like Reyes, Rakic, Jiri P.... those are not the same dudes he was beating there. Those are bigger, more powerful and can take punches better than scared Bader, old Glover and ancient Nog.

BTW... Rumble vs Thiago Santos... weat dream fight.

Having quit in fights and also quit his career I don't see big things coming from this.
If your mention this you also have to bring up all the dudes he's knocker the fuck out.
Hell, Bader looked like he was gonna shit his pants when they fought.

Yeah.

But let's be honest... he was on every PED under the sun.. and some of them (like testosterone) tend to make you retain water so you weight even more.

Off cycle Rumble has the perfect frame for LHW.
Oh for sure. He was juiced to the gills lol.

but yeah he is perfect for lhw. Dudes finally got a shot at being champ too.

Im lookin forward to Santos & Reyes vs AJ

Rumble's weakness seems to be wrestling. Neither Santos nor Reyes have Cormier's wrestling skills, so Rumble is going to run through all of those guys.

The question is will Rumble have to work his way up or will he be given the top guys immediately?

Should have entered the start of the year when they were talking about it he'd be ready to fight now. Now he aint fighting till the spring.

also think he should come back as a HW but with Jones gone he could walk right into a title fight vs Jan/Reyes. At the very least he'd be one fight away from a title shot if he beat Jiri, Glover, Santos or Smith in his return so LHW is a quicker path to a title.

But imagine him vs Ngannou or Lewis or even Stipe and Jones at HW.

Rumble is not big enough for HW. Rozenstruik is a bigger version of Rumble with equally if not more technical striking.

Back