*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Totally forgot this was happening. Oh well. Glad Joshua won the belt.

LOL He's only ever took a good shot in one MMA fight. And yeah, he took a few, but nothing serious. Guys chins 'cracking' is a weird thing fans talk about to be hyper critical when it isnt called for.

I would be very surprised if his chin or mentality was the same after tonight.

That was one expensive heavy bag to bring in. Obviously that's that for Francis' boxing career, but retirement might be the way to go. He lost a decision to Stipe and lost his confidence for nearly a year, I don't imagine he could just show up and fight like normal after getting KO'd that badly in his late 30s, and could even get KO'd by that guy in PFL.

LOL He's only ever took a good shot in one MMA fight. And yeah, he took a few, but nothing serious. Guys chins 'cracking' is a weird thing fans talk about to be hyper critical when it isnt called for.

he took a couple of bombs from Miocic in their first fight. Miocic also staggered him in their second fight.

i'm relaxing posting on an internet forum while eating supper. i don't "care so much about what other people think"

i'm just making a post about the turncoat nature of nut hugging fans

Uhm.. why does relaxing and eating supper prove you don't care about what other people think? Those aren't mutually exclusive.

So have you remembered the names of these fans or how do you know they already turned coat? Got some posts from before and after tonight's event to illustrate your point?

Also, you litterally responded to my post about bitter people with that I should expect more of it, implying it would come from you. Seems like you are bitter then, are you not? Bitter about Ngannou nut huggers, so seems like you really care about what Ngannou nut huggers think and post about.

8il7z2.gif

There was a grapic of a poll that said 57% were picking Ngannou to win.

Reminded me of the 66% that picked Penn in the rematch with GSP.

I don’t follow boxing anymore. But Joshua looked like he meant business. Calm, and methodical. Great KO. But Ngannou is not on that level. Fury embarrassed boxing by getting KD, and only getting a SD against Ngannou. Apparently he didn’t take Ngannou seriously at all. Because if “that” guy is/was supposedly the best current HW Boxer. Boxing is in bad shape. He looked like shit against a guy with zero pro boxing matches. And was losing on the feet to Gane in his last mma fight.

But the world is back in order. No fucking around by Joshua.

Damn! He got his 20 mil + some PPV. Now back to MMA please. I hope this doesn't hurt his confidence. That PFL dude who slept Bader can crack too.

If he still wants to box, he'll have to re-start with low level guys. If he didn't get completely destroyed tonight, I'd say he'd have one more big payday w Wilder since that dude is kind of in limbo right now. Now I think Deontay would sleep him too.

Ngannou still made the right choice. He's not a spring chicken and he could've easily wound up losing to Aspinall or someone in MMA without the two big boxing paydays and whatever the PFL deal is.

Reactions: HHJ
  1. He got paid 20 million to get embarrassed. Not too shabby.
  2. This really makes Fury look bad. Was that fight a work? Even if he didn't train, it's hard to imagine how he went 10 rds and nearly lost.
  3. Thank you to Anthony Joshua for showing the real difference between high level boxers and mma fighters. He's the first one to take it seriously and defend his sport. Maybe this will temper these types of farcical matchups in the future.

Back