*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

lmfao that was hilarious, also ngannous trunks looked like shit what the fuck was he thinking???

Anyways im glad dana doesn't let these guys dress themselves anymore. They aren't responsible enough.
You got a pic of said trunks. ?

Ngannou was playing with House money at this point and I can't blame him. Dude made more money in 2 boxing fights as an amateur boxer than most UFC champs get in their entire championship run. The viciousness of that loss was a much needed reality check: no matter how good an MMA fighter is in striking they can never compete at the highest level consistently against the elite echelon in boxing. I was happy when Ngannou got the Fury fight and was shocked when he performed as well as he did albeit against a Fury who more than likely didn't take him seriously.. Joshua and Hearn used that fight to make an example out of Ngannou to make Fury look bad in order to entice a future matchup. Francis got a great payday and lived his dream and found success after UFC. Can't knock a guy for standing on his own. It is what it is. Ngannou could get a Wilder fight but I'd be hesitant after what I saw from Joshua o_O

Yes, one of the least cleanly hit fighters in MMA history, some of the best defense of all time, dangerous In every aspect of the fight is going to be easily knocked out.

as if he hasn't fought a murderers row of fighters who could also catch and knock him out as well.

Anthony Johnson, DC, Rampage.

Ngannou isn't special.

People vastly overrate Ngannou, especially given the fact that he's displayed clear vulnerabilities in several fights, both on the feet and the ground.

and vastly underrate Jones. One of the greatest fighters In the history of the sportk him cto be so confident that anyone can just easily knock him out or even beat him on the feet, is just pure delusion and hate.

Jon jokes Is great. I’m
Why is Frank having to wait three years for Jon jones?

False again. Jon jones was offered the fight instead of gane Jon didn’t take it. Why would Frank re-up his contract when he had been on one fight deal since 2018?

False, Frank had said he had been fighting the ufc about his contract since 2018.

The fight could have been made in 2021 or 2022 and Jones didn’t want it then.
Yes, one of the least cleanly hit fighters in MMA history, some of the best defense of all time, dangerous In every aspect of the fight is going to be easily knocked out.

as if he hasn't fought a murderers row of fighters who could also catch and knock him out as well.

Anthony Johnson, DC, Rampage.

Ngannou isn't special.

People vastly overrate Ngannou, especially given the fact that he's displayed clear vulnerabilities in several fights, both on the feet and the ground.

and vastly underrate Jones. One of the greatest fighters In the history of the sportk him cto be so confident that anyone can just easily knock him out or even beat him on the feet, is just pure delusion and hate.

Francis is such a coward that he fought the number one and number 3 boxing heavyweight in his first two boxing matches. Guys with more power than him .

Make it make sense.

Jon didn't run, he just hid.

Prior to March 2021: Francis wasn't the champ
March 2021: Francis wins the UFC HW title
March 2021-October 2021: Francis heals from the title fight and seeks a defense. At this point Jones has 0 heavyweight bouts.
October 2021: Francis vs. Ciryl announced.
January 23 2022: Francis fights Ciryl.
January 26 2022: Francis announces he won't return until a knee surgery and recovery, so he is targeting 2023.
March 2022: Francis has the surgery. 9 month recovery reported. Targeted return early 2023.
January 2023: Francis leaves the UFC.

Please show me at what time Jones was able to "hide" or "run" from Ngannou. March 2021-October 2021 was the only point in the entire debacle that Jones could have signed for a Francis fight at a time that would have a modicum of sense. FWIW, Jones was doing drugs / drinking the entire time and was arrested in September of 2021 for DV.

Jones never ran or hid from Frank. It was just bad timing and Frank was only champ for 6 months before he left the organization facing the prospect of fighting Jones. It makes sense for Frank to have ran from JJ, though, because losing to Jones means he'd never cash in on these boxing paydays. it was a smart move financially, career wise, legacy wise, etc. because Jones embarasses Francis in the octagon even worse than AJ just did in the ring.

Lmfao read the post again. Debunked 1000% stop crying.

There is Dana, talking about how Jon jones is DUCKING Francis by asking for 30 million ya dipshit. Keep crying.

Oh, Derrick Lewis is the fight to make. But if Jon Jones really wants that fight… Listen, it is one thing to go out and tweet and say you want it and that I put on the weight and this and that. Do you want the fight?” Dana White questioned. “I promise you, we can call Derrick Lewis or one of these other heavyweights and they want the fight. If Jon Jones really wants the fight, Jon Jones knows he can get the fight. All he’s got to do is call and do it.”

Jon had 3 years to fight Francis. Francis wasn’t gonna keep resigning with the ufc.

Crying about what? You dont know what debunked means?

jones was asking for a lot of money. Francis was asking for a lot of money

Franics QUIT THE UFC leaving Jones to choke out Gane within seconds to become champion

Who quit the UFC again?

3 years right? When exactly?

- Francis became champ in March 21, he said he didnt want to fight in the summer "It was too early"

-Gane became interim champ in August 21.

-Francis didnt fight again until Jan 22 barely beating Gane.

-Francis then QUIT MMA instead of fighting Jones

-Jones choked out Francis last opponent he barely beat within seconds

Francis explaining WHY HE TURNED DOWN THE JONES FIGHT-

FRANCIS OWN WORDS-

March 2021-October 2021: Francis heals from the title fight and seeks a defense. At this point Jones has 0 heavyweight bouts.
January 26 2022: Francis announces he won't return until a knee surgery and recovery, so he is targeting 2023.
March 2022: Francis has the surgery. 9 month recovery reported. Targeted return early 2023.

Please show me at what time Jones was able to "hide" or "run" from Ngannou. March 2021-October 2021 was the only point in the entire debacle that Jones could have signed for a Francis fight at a time that would have a modicum of sense. FWIW, Jones was doing drugs / drinking the entire time and was arrested in September of 2021 for DV.

Jones never ran or hid from Frank. It was just bad timing and Frank was only champ for 6 months before he left the organization facing the prospect of fighting Jones. It makes sense for Frank to have ran from JJ, though, because losing to Jones means he'd never cash in on these boxing paydays. it was a smart move financially, career wise, legacy wise, etc. because Jones embarasses Francis in the octagon even worse than AJ just did in the ring.
<BC1>

Francis could've just stayed in the UFC knocking out guys like Tuivasa, Spivak and Volkov every 3rd month under a minute without receiving a scratch (talk about low risk-reward).

The only guys who could give him some problems are Aspinall and Jones (and maybe Pavlovich), but if he catches them it's probably game over.

Now his whole intimidation factor and legacy has been rocked.

I do think Fury owes him a rematch tho to see if it was a fluke or just good matchup for Ngannou.
honestly it was probably a good move for Francis

his next and only fight was Jones who he would have likely lost to and lost all marketability at that point.

"I don't know enough about these contracts to make an accurate comment about that. I just know when it came to my guy, those were things that he was worried about. He was like, 'Man, if I lose this fight [against Jones], I lose all my protection,' the numbers would drastically drop." - Eric Nickson (Francis coach)

This way Francis takes two L's in a sport he has no experience at and gets a payday

Franics QUIT THE UFC leaving Jones to choke out Gane within seconds to become champion

Who quit the UFC again?

- Francis became champ in March 21, he said he didnt want to fight in the summer "It was too early"

FRANCIS OWN WORDS-

Francis own words: Jon had two years to fight me before I left. So what are you saying lol?

Who quit the UFC again?

FRANCIS OWN WORDS-

Debunked stop crying

-2021 Francis calling for the fight

-2020 Francis calling for the fight

These guys are professions fighters. As much as Jon jones is a steroid cheat he’s not afraid of Francis.

Francis is not afraid of Jon jokes. It comes down to money first

Francis own words: Jon had two years to fight me before I left. So what are you saying lol?

it went from Four years, to Three years to Two years now....
this might be an intelligence thing.

At what point in Francis exceptionally short lived career as HW champion was Jones able to fight him?

Why did Francis QUIT the UFC instead of fighting Jones then?

Jones never ran or hid from Frank. It was just bad timing and Frank was only champ for 6 months before he left the organization facing the prospect of fighting Jones. It makes sense for Frank to have ran from JJ, though, because losing to Jones means he'd never cash in on these boxing paydays. it was a smart move financially, career wise, legacy wise, etc. because Jones embarasses Francis in the octagon even worse than AJ just did in the ring..

Fact remains: 3 years no fight, Francis leaves, boom Jones is back.

Does anyone have gifs of the ko please?
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Jon jokes Is great. I’m

Francis is such a coward that he fought the number one and number 3 boxing heavyweight in his first two boxing matches. Guys with more power than him .

Make it make sense.
Nobody said he was a coward.

He made a cost benefit analysis and decided a mega payday in boxing made more sense than losing to Jones in embarrassing fashion, which would've effectively killed his hype and potential opportunities.

Even his coach said that he had a difficult decision to make, because he had to fight arguably the greatest fighter of all time and if he lost, his pay went down drastically.

It has nothing to do with fear. It's business, no different than Jones himself fighting for his worth and taking so long to finally sign.

Fact remains: 3 years no fight, Francis leaves, boom Jones is back.

Lol.

I could also rewrite your sentence "Jones comes back from legal trouble and gaining weight to transition to heavyweight, Francis leaves the UFC immediately."

Last edited:
Nobody said he was a coward.

He made a cost benefit analysis and decided a mega payday in boxing made more sense than losing to Jones in embarrassing fashion, which would've effectively killed his hype and potential opportunities.

Even his coach said that he had a difficult decision to make, because he had to fight arguably the greatest fighter of all time and if he lost, his pay went down drastically.

It has nothing to do with fear. It's business, no different than Jones himself fighting for his worth and taking so long to finally sign.

So losing to jones would kill his hype..? Lol this is a dumb take. He already lost, to stipe and beast, his hype is still there. Makes no sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back