*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Could be a blessing in disguise. Ngannou needed that humbling, he's a good MMA fighter, he's not a pro-boxer. The Fury fight was impressive, but it was a "fluke": Fury underestimated him, came unprepared and fought like an idiot.

He needs to go back at what he's one of the bests at: Knocking out fools in MMA

Shows you how important defense is. I don't care how good your chin is, you can't rely on it against the biggest punchers
Not to take anything away from AJ, I bet on him by KO even if I thought it might be 6 onwards.

But I think a good portion of Francis' chin is simply how well trained he is. People forget that he fucked off ahead of Stipe 1 and got the absolute shit kicked out of him. That was the real worse we've ever seen him take shots before this.

Leading up to this fight he had the exact same "I'm God" attitude, and gassed after only a single round. The rest was history, even if that was a nuclear bomb of a final shot.

Francis would fold Jones in half.

Jones got beat by Reyes.

Jones vs Francis maybe back on the cards? He can probably fight once or twice in the PFL and bail
Nah, I don't think so. He already burned that bridge with Uncle Dana & crew, and he sure isn't getting any younger. He'll fuck around in the PFL a short while and probably retire filthy rich. Sucks knowing that this will likely be his last big moment in the minds of fight fans... getting brutally KTFOd.

Reactions: HCS
Still think he would wreck the PFL HWs but who knows if that chin will be the same again.
He was nearly out on his feet after the previous knockdown, and then proceeded to eat a right hand straight from the pits of hell.

That's the kind of KO that can alter a guy significantly. I wouldn't fight if I was him, you got money now, you can't enjoy it with brain damage.

which was making him use an oxygen mask lol

but let's be honest Francis won regardless of the result came from nothing and ended up making millions guy is set for life

Back