*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

We saw how he was in the Lewis fight from the fear of the KO.
Now that he has had his clock cleaned. Do you think he will become gun shy? Or will he change his game up like Arlovski and Overeem?

Of course Frank murders him. Doesnt change that he just got floored thou. Live by the sword die by the sword. Lets just hope this doesnt shake his confidence too much.

BEAUTIFUL

screenshot_20240308-194909-png.3230581

As expected but Ref should’ve never let the fight continue after the second knock down
Yup. That's the thing (I hate) about boxing for the fighters: you're supposed to get up and keep fighting after receiving concussion-level blows to the head. In mma the overwhelming majority of the time you're dropped like that, it's either over or you get a couple gnps and it's over. . . .or the occasional diving forearm ;) But in all cases it's wild to think that if the guy got up within 10 seconds that Overeem, CroCop or Big Frank could get another crack at their dazed and hanging jaw.

idk but he probably should not be boxing. Lost in what a fat disinterested lazy piece of shit Fury was in their fight was how bad Francis himself looked. Obviously a novice so just all the more embarrassing for Fury.

but you saw it again tonight. I mean the footwork is just horrendous, the shots come weirdly like he doesn't put his body into it. Probably just things that he could get away with in MMA. Guess AJ took him halfway serious.

I just hope Francis goes back to MMA where he is great, and I think he will be alright

If I were Malykhin and the guy in charge of ONE, I would push for Ngannou crossover fight hard right now. Chances are, his chin is cracked.

Unintelligent post - this was response to a thread that made no sense prior to being merged into mega thread.

Last edited:
AJ is the type of guy to take grappling training very seriously. So I would expect him to have decent TDD by the time they'd fight in MMA. Ngannou has grappled one person successfully, who is absolutely whack at grappling and nowhere near the athlete/competitor that AJ is.
AJ is not going to fight in MMA. I dont know why this is even being discussed.

Back