Anthony Joshua vs Povetkin "deal close"

Not sure why people think this would be an easy fight for Joshua. Povetkin is better than anyone Joshua has faced aside from Wlad. He presents a different style and has KO'd many good Heavyweight's. I would take Joshua in a decision but Povetkin could certainly pull the upset.

Says Povetkins promoter... lets see

He's going to piss dirty like he did vs Wilder and everyone will bitch and complain and Joshua will probably fight White. So don't get to excited and pic Povetken because he's losing anyway even if he pisses clean.

Just fight Wilder already and make that big money trilogy and let's see who's king and then take care of these cheating leftovers, that are so dangerous they don't even think they are not that good anyway and they actually cheat and piss dirty.

I don't mind this fight. Povetkin could prove to be the banana skin but from what I saw against Price, Joshua should be the firm favourite in this one. A nice build up fight for Wilder. Lets hope that Hearn and Co. can come to an arrangement with Wilder's team soon. And then that Joshua doesn't lose to Povetkin which would really throw the shit up.

First off, I'll take Povetkin's promoter words with a grain of salt, same as any other russian promoter.
Second of all, They already said Miller was gonna have the shot after Parker if he won his last fight which he most likely will.

Even if the fight gets maid, they'll hire the same ref they did against Parker then Pov's bread n butter "close range hooks" will be useless.

AJ fights Povetkin then Fury in a huge domestic fight and Wilder gets left with no dance partner like the fat ugly chick with herpes at prom. Wilder gonna have to fight Whyte and Parker and maybe finally the winner way down the road of Fury/AJ. Calling it now.

Hope this isn't true.

Fuck that.

LOL

Wilder needs to stop fucking posturing, Joshua has the world in his hands and can fight anyone.

Wilder meanwhile may have to sit out and fight Whyte as his mandatory or fuck about in America fighting people for peanuts.

I have no problem at all with Joshua fighting his number 1, and Povetkin is a serious threat. Should be a good fight and will no doubt draw 80k fans to a stadium in the UK while Wilder fights in front of his family for chump change.

LOL

Wilder needs to stop fucking posturing, Joshua has the world in his hands and can fight anyone.

Wilder meanwhile may have to sit out and fight Whyte as his mandatory or fuck about in America fighting people for peanuts.

I have no problem at all with Joshua fighting his number 1, and Povetkin is a serious threat. Should be a good fight and will no doubt draw 80k fans to a stadium in the UK while Wilder fights in front of his family for chump change.
As a fan its pretty laughable that you dont care whether or not you see Wilder vs AJ.

LOL

I do want to see wilder vs Deontay much more though. We will get robbed of a unification fight for a while if they don't come to an agreement. But yeah. There are options.

As a fan its pretty laughable that you dont care whether or not you see Wilder vs AJ.

It will happen, on Hearns terms...Wilder needs to understand he simply cannot be paid fighting in the US like he will if he fights even Whyte in the UK

And i have followed boxing for long enough not to care about these situations, fighters and promoters posture...negotiations happen and people lose sometimes before the fights get made.

It's just another fight, either one of them can lose in the meantime, if it happens, it happens

AJ fights Povetkin then Fury in a huge domestic fight and Wilder gets left with no dance partner like the fat ugly chick with herpes at prom. Wilder gonna have to fight Whyte and Parker and maybe finally the winner way down the road of Fury/AJ. Calling it now.

Hope this isn't true.
How did the fat ugly chick get herpes if she's fat and ugly ?

It will happen, on Hearns terms...Wilder needs to understand he simply cannot be paid fighting in the US like he will if he fights even Whyte in the UK

And i have followed boxing for long enough not to care about these situations, fighters and promoters posture...negotiations happen and people lose sometimes before the fights get made.

It's just another fight, either one of them can lose in the meantime, if it happens, it happens

You can tell Americans aren't used to being in the position of 2nd fiddle.

They think the world must come crawling to their table, as soon as they (Wilder) realizes he either plays ball or sits in the corner, the look on his face when he did that radio show a few days before the Parker fight was priceless.

He'll be on Xanex soon unless he just plays his lane and takes the opportunity of a life time.

4x the amount he's ever earned in a fight
Unified belts of the HW div, he goes from 1 paltry belt to the whole lot in one "easy evening" according to him.
Forgone conclusion win in his mind so he'll also make a fortune as the A-side in the rematch making up for any low balling now.

........... I mean, wtf is the guy waiting for?

Hope this isn't true.
I thought thats what the plan was.
Everyone should've known that they weren't fighting this year.
If Big Baby Miller wins then you can add his name to the pot.
Rather see Joshua face Povetkin and Fury. Wilder face Whyte and Big Baby. Winners face each other.

Yea I saw this also. It's like house of cards for who gets the big money. I think Deontay needs to take a decent counter offer. I want to see a unification fight that's going to end in a knockout, not a mandatory defence that's probably going to be another parker shutout.
If Joshua struggles then it's only gonna be worse for him.
Wilders the one who is taking the spotlight at the moment. Last two Wilder fights were great and both KOs.
Joshua had a UD against Parker that was sorta lackluster and a not so impressive performance against Takam.
Say Wilder blows out Whyte and Joshua struggles with Povetkin?

If Joshua struggles then it's only gonna be worse for him.
Wilders the one who is taking the spotlight at the moment. Last two Wilder fights were great and both KOs.
Joshua had a UD against Parker that was sorta lackluster and a not so impressive performance against Takam.
Say Wilder blows out Whyte and Joshua struggles with Povetkin?

80,000 people will still be paying to watch Joshua fight, regardless

Back