Anthony Joshua vs Povetkin "deal close"

80,000 people will still be paying to watch Joshua fight, regardless
Ok. But his bargaining chips lessen if he falters against Povetkin and Wilder blows out Whyte

Ok. But his bargaining chips lessen if he falters against Povetkin and Wilder blows out Whyte
Joshua is still going to be a much bigger star even if that happens.

If Joshua struggles then it's only gonna be worse for him.
Wilders the one who is taking the spotlight at the moment. Last two Wilder fights were great and both KOs.
Joshua had a UD against Parker that was sorta lackluster and a not so impressive performance against Takam.
Say Wilder blows out Whyte and Joshua struggles with Povetkin?

Yeah but lets not forget he almost got stopped against Ortiz in the process.

I thought thats what the plan was.
Everyone should've known that they weren't fighting this year.
If Big Baby Miller wins then you can add his name to the pot.
Rather see Joshua face Povetkin and Fury. Wilder face Whyte and Big Baby. Winners face each other.

I didn't think Fury was in the picture until just recently. Mainly when I heard AJ bring his name up in the post fight and after I heard that he was trying to get back into shape as well.

Originally it was supposed to be Wilder/Breazeale and AJ/Big Baby then the big fight later in the year if they both win. It did seem a bit of a stretch that they'd get it done in 2018, tho, you're right. A Fury fight throws a big Gypsy wrench into things tho for Deontay, tho, imo. I would hope if Wilder/AJ does get done it's only after one fight apiece down the road and not more than that.

Yea I saw this also. It's like house of cards for who gets the big money. I think Deontay needs to take a decent counter offer. I want to see a unification fight that's going to end in a knockout, not a mandatory defence that's probably going to be another parker shutout.
Seeming that way. Almost like Hearn's saying it's now or never to Deontay and he better take what he can get while the chance is there.

Seeming that way. Almost like Hearn's saying it's now or never to Deontay and he better take what he can get while the chance is there.

Hearn as a promoter wants this fight because its the money fight.

But he's not going to hand over control of the HW division at a discount, hence why I've been saying if Wilder was clever enough to see this angle then he should bite Hearn's hand off at any offer he gives ......... with a rematch clause to reverse the share of the profits on the 2nd fight, job done titles won and no money lost.

Again ........ if he was only that clever.

Yeah but lets not forget he almost got stopped against Ortiz in the process.
Ortiz is a good fighter and Wilders stock has only risen because of that fight.

Hearn as a promoter wants this fight because its the money fight.

But he's not going to hand over control of the HW division at a discount, hence why I've been saying if Wilder was clever enough to see this angle then he should bite Hearn's hand off at any offer he gives ......... with a rematch clause to reverse the share of the profits on the 2nd fight, job done titles won and no money lost.

Again ........ if he was only that clever.
I trust RR and Deontay's other ppl to get this done with Hearn. At the end of the day if the money's right then the fight is right, imo. Hearn is indeed playing hardball, it's business at the end of the day.

You can tell Americans aren't used to being in the position of 2nd fiddle.

They think the world must come crawling to their table, as soon as they (Wilder) realizes he either plays ball or sits in the corner, the look on his face when he did that radio show a few days before the Parker fight was priceless.

He'll be on Xanex soon unless he just plays his lane and takes the opportunity of a life time.

4x the amount he's ever earned in a fight
Unified belts of the HW div, he goes from 1 paltry belt to the whole lot in one "easy evening" according to him.
Forgone conclusion win in his mind so he'll also make a fortune as the A-side in the rematch making up for any low balling now.

........... I mean, wtf is the guy waiting for?
Man you really have an agenda against Americans. Its kind of amysing to be honest.

Youre probably one of the people who said Wilder would never sign to fight Povetkin and that hed never cross the pond too huh.

Negotiations seem to be chugging right along as well. Conceeding everything and just hammering out the purse.

It will happen, on Hearns terms...Wilder needs to understand he simply cannot be paid fighting in the US like he will if he fights even Whyte in the UK

And i have followed boxing for long enough not to care about these situations, fighters and promoters posture...negotiations happen and people lose sometimes before the fights get made.

It's just another fight, either one of them can lose in the meantime, if it happens, it happens
Sure. Doesnt mean that Wilder should accept any offer they throw out.

Its not just another fight. Its the best fight to make and is putting more buzz in the HW division than we have seen in ages.

Its not just another fight. Its the best fight to make and is putting more buzz in the HW division than we have seen in ages.

Only in America

Agreed, Wilder/AJ is one of the biggest potential fights in boxing rn. Look how pumped all of us are just hearing that they're negotiating, imagine the fight getting made and Deontay hyping this shit in the lead up. It will be huge.

Only in America
Thats why all of the UK posters are running their mouths in every Wilder thread?

This fight will be massive. I think its all in fun but there always seems to be a UK/Merican rivalry stirred up when the best from each fight. Its awesome.

Thats why all of the UK posters are running their mouths in every Wilder thread?

This fight will be massive. I think its all in fun but there always seems to be a UK/Merican rivalry stirred up when the best fight. Its awesome.

You are currently in a thread about Joshua v Povetkin talking about Wilder...

I personally think a fight between Joshua and Povetkin is a really bad idea...and will disrupt plans and then both Povetkin and Wilder have absolutely nobody to make serious money off

Man you really have an agenda against Americans. Its kind of amysing to be honest.

Youre probably one of the people who said Wilder would never sign to fight Povetkin and that hed never cross the pond too huh.

Negotiations seem to be chugging right along as well. Conceeding everything and just hammering out the purse.

I don't have an agenda in that I don't like Americans.

Its more the fact that Americans think the whole world revolves around them and when people show them that it doesn't they tend to get defensive.

I'm not anti-american in the slightest, I'm anti-entitled, don't care where the person is from.

This fight will be massive. I think its all in fun but there always seems to be a UK/Merican rivalry stirred up when the best from each fight. Its awesome.
One day. And one day soon, the great UK will over take the states in childhood obesity.

One day.

........... ones practically a hall of famer and one of the greatest HW champs of all time, the other?
An excellent amatuer Cuban boxer that comes from Cuba and is Cuban.

Did I mention he was Cuban?

Lol jk. I rate Ortiz.

An excellent amatuer Cuban boxer that comes from Cuba and is Cuban.

Did I mention he was Cuban?

Lol jk. I rate Ortiz.

Ortiz is a good fighter but "The Can Opener" talks about Wlad like he's some sort of journeyman trash fighter.

Hilarious.

What's next? "He only fought prime Mike Tyson".

Back