Anthony Smith reacts to KO of Shogun Rua & talks Gustafsson being injured ironically

Thing is, a TKO loss isn't as bad as a KO loss, and the only actual KO loss he's had was years ago.

His durability is well enough, if it wasn't, he wouldn't have gotten as many comeback wins as he's had.

The thing is he could've had brutal TKO loses...and I'm honestly to drunk to argue right now have a good night man!

A Gus-Smith matchup wouldn't make any sense. The fact that Smith just beat two completely shot fighters doesn't magically catapult him to the top of the division. Hell, he got finished by an unranked MW earlier this year.

That being said, Gus's sense of entitlement regarding title shots hasn't made much sense either.

Gus needs to fight, period. I like him, but here he is wanting to call his shots and only fighting for a title when he’s only been fighting once a year for the past 3-4 years. He just hasn’t been active enough to be demanding nothing but a title shot.

Gus needs to fight, period. I like him, but here he is wanting to call his shots and only fighting for a title when he’s only been fighting once a year for the past 3-4 years. He just hasn’t been active enough to be demanding nothing but a title shot.

Wtf are you talking about.. He and his team tried to get a fight with Romero (injured), Rockhold (injured), OSP (is getting married) Volkan (signed the contract but "broke his nose"), and lastly he accepted the fight vs Rountree but wasn't medically cleared. All those fights would have been non-title fights. He has also fought 3 times a non-title fight as a 1st contender in recent years (Manuwa, Rumble, Glover, Volkan would have been 4th).

Getting tired of people being so ignorant and just spreading blatant lies about Gus.

Wtf are you talking about.. He and his team tried to get a fight with Romero (injured), Rockhold (injured), OSP (is getting married) Volkan (signed the contract but "broke his nose"), and lastly he accepted the fight vs Rountree but wasn't medically cleared. All those fights would have been non-title fights. He has also fought 3 times a non-title fight as a 1st contender in recent years (Manuwa, Rumble, Glover, Volkan would have been 4th).

Getting tired of people being so ignorant and just spreading blatant lies about Gus.

I’m talking about how in the last four years, he’s only fight four times. What is so difficult to understand about that? Look at his record. It’s indisputable fact.

Wow, Smith was 5-6 at first, losing to a lot of cans.
Who would have thought that this guy might have a chance of fighting for the UFC belt in the near future?
43 fights at 29 years old.

I’m talking about how in the last four years, he’s only fight four times. What is so difficult to understand about that? Look at his record. It’s indisputable fact.

You clearly claimed he only wants to fight if its for the title. That is a lie. He signed a non title fight vs Volkan, then Volkan pulled out.

You clearly claimed he only wants to fight if its for the title. That is a lie. He signed a non title fight vs Volkan, then Volkan pulled out.

What is he barking right now? Sure looks like Gus would've dropped out if Volkan hadn't beaten him to it.

Serious question because it's bothering me not knowing. Is this guy bi-racial? He looks like he could be sometimes and other times he doesn't. Try looking it up on wikipedia.

Also, he sounds like John Cena.

I'm pretty sure that's only ironic if you're Alanis Morissette, but my first thought was "Gus does not want this guy dropped on him on short notice." Too much risk and, really, he's not in the Top Ten going into the Shogun fight, so there's really no reward for Gus to do that. Fighters pretty much always have some sort of injury going on, it probably wasn't too difficult to find one where a doctor might say "you should probably rest and let that heal."

Serious question because it's bothering me not knowing. Is this guy bi-racial? He looks like he could be sometimes and other times he doesn't. Try looking it up on wikipedia.

Also, he sounds like John Cena.
He looks like rampages albino son

He's fun to watch, I'm hoping these wins are a sign of future success and he's in an RDA-type resurgence.

Gus vs Smith for the a shot at DC makes the most sense.

Looking to see where he goes. Dude is fun to watch but still needs lots of proving.

What is he barking right now? Sure looks like Gus would've dropped out if Volkan hadn't beaten him to it.

They tried to get a fight with Rockhold, Romero and OSP as well, but Rockhold and Romero were injured and OSP "is getting married". Saying he only accepts a fight if its for the title is just false. He has taken 3 non title fights as a 1st contender in recent years (Manuwa, Rumble, Glover). Facts are just not on haters side, sorry.

Seems like a really decent guy.

Very refreshing to hear that kind of interview compared to jackasses like McGregor

They tried to get a fight with Rockhold, Romero and OSP as well, but Rockhold and Romero were injured and OSP "is getting married". Saying he only accepts a fight if its for the title is just false. He has taken 3 non title fights as a 1st contender in recent years (Manuwa, Rumble, Glover). Facts are just not on haters side, sorry.

The facts are that he's fought four times in the past year. He's .500 in those fights, though he has won his last two. Now he's barking for a title shot and after losing his fight vs. Volkan due to Volkan dropping out, now he's mysteriously "injured" within 24 hours or so of calling for a shot at DC for the HW belt after being called out by a surging LHW contender. Ironic, huh?

Like I said earlier, I used to really like Gus but I grew tired of his inactivity.

You're just a nut hugger. Accept it.

That's fucking absurd. You're clearly a blind Gus nuthugger. Open your eyes. Everyone else at 205 is coming off a loss or injured. Gus vs Smith makes the most sense.

Alex DOES NOT deserve a title shot right now, so he needs another win. Deal with it.
Your reading comprehension is absurd. I guess you missed the part where I said, "Gus's sense of entitlement regarding title shots hasn't made much sense either." I'm not even a Gus fan.

You said "everyone else at 205 is coming off a loss or injured. Gus vs Smith makes the most sense." Yet you conveniently forget the fact that Corey Anderson just fought on the same card as Smith, just beat the #3 contender, and is actually ranked. Then there's Blachowicz, who has 3 wins in a row and is ranked much higher than Smith. And OSP, who won his last fight and is ranked much higher than Smith.

Can we both agree that you're the absurd one?

Back