Media Anthony Smith tired of rising prospects calling him out, "I refuse to be the new Neil Magny"

Petrino did not look that good in his last fight it’s like he’s got insane athleticism but no skills.

Oh, he's got plenty of skills. He's just too afraid to use them sometimes.

Whenever he pulls the trigger it's usually complete dominance lol.

I generally root for Anthony Smith, but:
  • Him and Magny have had very similar careers.
  • Magny has a higher UFC win percentage.
  • Magny has a higher overall career win percentage.
  • Anthony has been finished twice as many times as Magny.
If Smith and Oezdemir had a rematch now, I think Oezdemir would fuck him up and finish him in the first.

Magny has a way better resume than Anthony Smith. It isn't even close. And in a much tougher division.

I don't know how this guy got so much publicity and a job commentating.

Smith has some 'big wins' out of context. Shot versions of Gus, Rashad, Shogun all got fed to him.

Smith's whole career with the UFC both in the cage and on TV is a testament to the power of shilling.

pretty obnoxious. someone needs to have the talk with anthony—he’s not as good as he thinks he is. the only way he gets a title is if the fighters ahead of him either retire or die. his only purpose now is to build up prospects. if he can beat a few prospects, maybe people will give him a second look. at this stage, it’s not likely. if he’s not okay with that, then he can settle into his comfy commentating job full time. he is, at best, another neil magny.

Anthony is throwing shade on Magny, but Magny is in 6th place for total number of wins in the UFC and has the most wins at WW in the UFC. Say what you want about Magny, but the man fights up and comers, vets, monsters, etc. He never ducks a fight and is relatively consistent. Sure he has losses, but Magny is like the litmus test at WW for a potential UFC star. Anthony's body looks soft and his performances are even softer.

Anthony is throwing shade on Magny, but Magny is in 6th place for total number of wins in the UFC and has the most wins at WW in the UFC. Say what you want about Magny, but the man fights up and comers, vets, monsters, etc. He never ducks a fight and is relatively consistent. Sure he has losses, but Magny is like the litmus test at WW for a potential UFC star. Anthony's body looks soft and his performances are even softer.
I’m convinced he has low T right now. I noticed his body becoming softer and flabbier.

Smith is close to a .500 UFC record to be talking about other fighters like that, lol, has almost twice as many career loses as Magny!! And only a few more wins overall, in the UFC Magny has way more wins and only one more loss, i hope he gets pressured into take it and gets KO'd.

Petrino did not look that good in his last fight it’s like he’s got insane athleticism but no skills.
Good enough, Smith has shown neither of those two things recently, Petrino TKO Rd2 once Smith folds.

Last edited:
For about 2-3 years now Smith becomes a little more unlikable practically every time he opens his pie hole. What he said about Magny was completely uncalled for, and disrespectful. As someone that does on air work for ESPN/UFC he needs to be more professional. I’d shit can his ass.

How can these people all be so shitty and unprofessional at doing their jobs?

Back