Anyone else feel RDA is gonna ko Lawler?

Lawler has looked like shit since he stopped drinking ATT water.

RDA via UD.

Lawler didn't have much for glass Cerrone. Both have suspect chins but Robbie doesn't seem to be a killer anymore while RDA does. Still a toss up. First guy to touch the other's chin wins.
I´ll respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Where´s this "Lawler and RDA have suspect chins" coming from?

From the BOMB Woodley landed that would´ve KOed an elephant?

From the barrage of over 30 punches that Alvarez landed on RDA where he didn´t even go down? Or from the picture perfect upperct from Stephens that KOed him a decade ago?

Lawler went 10 rounds with Hendricks, a5 round war in a fight of the DECADE against Rory and another 5 round war with Condit. I´d say he has a very good chin.

RDA hasn´t been knock down or out in a looooong as time. He fought 2 rounds with a broken-in-3-parts-jaw against Guida before the fight was over.

They both have great chin and heart, imho.

I´ll respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Where´s this "Lawler and RDA have suspect chins" coming from?

From the BOMB Woodley landed that would´ve KOed an elephant?

From the barrage of over 30 punches that Alvarez landed on RDA where he didn´t even go down? Or from the picture perfect upperct from Stephens that KOed him a decade ago?

Lawler went 10 rounds with Hendricks, a5 round war in a fight of the DECADE against Rory and another 5 round war with Condit. I´d say he has a very good chin.

RDA hasn´t been knock down or out in a looooong as time. He fought 2 rounds with a broken-in-3-parts-jaw against Guida before the fight was over.

They both have great chin and heart, imho.
I don't think Woodley's shot was that great for the damage it did and I seem to remember Eddie putting RDA nearly out with 1 good shot. Plenty of guys have gone the distance with Eddie and Woodley and the fact that Lawler and RDA were put out early by them tells me their chins are suspect.

Eh, do think Condit beat him. Maybe Johny in the second fight, that was close and could've went either way. Was down against Rory but it didn't matter.

Is funny that he wasnt any more dominant than Bendo was against top competition but received a small fraction of the hate. Though i guess if Bendo was in barnburners every time things might have been different.

The condit fight was close.... I cant call it a robbery but... I also cant lie...Look at the stats!
I had it 48-47.. Condit.
I've watched that fight , I dunno... 4 times now?
Lawler landed some really heavy shots. But Condit landed ALOT more shots and deserved that W.
The fight could have easily been scored 49-46..... I wouldnt have argued..

It comes back to the question of.. What matters more. Fewer heavy damaging strikes vs
an abundance of strikes that arent necessarily quite as damaging ... Though Condit for sure had Lawler hurt.... Tough fight to score in person I bet and I feel for the judges.

Condit won though.. end rant

original.jpg

I don't think Woodley's shot was that great for the damage it did and I seem to remember Eddie putting RDA nearly out with 1 good shot. Plenty of guys have gone the distance with Eddie and Woodley and the fact that Lawler and RDA were put out early by them tells me their chins are suspect.
Rumble, Woodley and Hendricks are the 3 hardest hitters we´ve seen in the WW division imo. I think the shot Tyron landed on Lawler was pretty similar to the ones Hendricks on Fitch and Kampmann (the 2 most famous knockouts that made Hendricks famous for being a 1 punch ko guy). And look, Lawler is the only one who doesn´t go out cold, Tyron still has to follow up with some brutal gnp to get the stoppage.
knockout-11-17-12.gif

tumblr_my2q5mrGlB1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Woodley-Heiron.gif

KmiLato.gif

Ya
If RDA can take him down and use his kicks then I see more of a chance that he wins but I favor Lawler slightly in this match up.
It's a bad idea for anyone to go to war with the ruthless one! If I was RDA I would be working on a crisp jab and doubles/singles. Get some chain wrestling going. I know he is not a wrestler but I feel like fighting a boring methodical fight is his best chance to beat Robbie especially because he will be at a size disadvantage.

I assume Robbie has a longer reach as well so I could see RDA getting tagged in exchanges while missing his own shots because of the reach difference.

Honestly don't care who wins this is an amazing match up that I just want to see for the pure blood and glory of it!

Back