• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Anyone Else Just Feel Old Tonight?

Age is just a number. I know 20 year olds who move and act like old men. Plus, a healthy 40 year-old probably has longer to live than an unhealthy 20-year old.

there is hope, I am old as fk 53y old , still lean, have sixpack abs, full set of hair on the head, can deadlift 450lbs.
I am way bigger, stronger, ofc slower and more skilled now than my 24y old self.

I would destroy 24y old me, takedown into brutal submission.

Throughout my my 20’s, I’d ask the guys who were about to retire, “How was it?” Without fail, each and every single one said “It goes by fast.”

I took that to heart knowing one day when I retire I’d feel exactly the same…and made it a point to live my life to the fullest… Last year I had 3 docs tell me I might have cancer (luckily all three were wrong) and I remember thinking I had no regrets…just thought if it is cancer, I should eat as much yummy food in case I start chemo and lose my appetite or sense of taste…

Like anything good or bad in life, while you’re in the middle of it, it seems like time moves at a certain pace… but when it’s over and you look back…feels like it was but a moment.. That feeling keeps me reminded whenever life ends, it’ll seem like it went by fast…so don’t waste the present…

Time is funny, it goes slower when not wanting it, but faster when you do.

I remeber me and my friend kept talking about how good jon jones was as an up and comer while we were still in high school. Crazy to think over 10 years later, Jones is amongst the best and still fighting at top level.
I do feel old seeing Rampage and Silva getting destroyed at their age

When you see all the fighters you grew up with get old, beat up, and retire, you take a moment and realize that you're not young anymore either.

And no, it's not just about fighting, but when you realize that there's a new generation of people entering their prime years, you realize that you're no longer in yours.

Getting old sucks, but the worst part is that no one young understands what an advantage they have and also you find yourself looking back a lot and asking, "Where did all the time go?"

I swear it was just yesterday that Shogun and Machida had an epic (but respectful) rivalry and Shogun was the first man to beat Machida and became UFC LHW champion. It was just yesterday that Glover made his long awaited UFC debut and Chuck passed the torch to him.

Shogun and Glover retiring on the same night, a beautiful look back at Jose Aldo's career as they break the news that he'll be in the HoF. Royce Gracie in the crowd. It's all got me asking, "Where did all the time go, Sherbros?"

I don't know who will actually read all this, but I'm feeling it tonight. Please mods, don't move this for whatever reason. I need to hear from my Sherbros tonight.
Maybe you should hit the gym a little bit more and spend a little less time in front of your keyboard.

When you see all the fighters you grew up with get old, beat up, and retire, you take a moment and realize that you're not young anymore either.

And no, it's not just about fighting, but when you realize that there's a new generation of people entering their prime years, you realize that you're no longer in yours.

Getting old sucks, but the worst part is that no one young understands what an advantage they have and also you find yourself looking back a lot and asking, "Where did all the time go?"

I swear it was just yesterday that Shogun and Machida had an epic (but respectful) rivalry and Shogun was the first man to beat Machida and became UFC LHW champion. It was just yesterday that Glover made his long awaited UFC debut and Chuck passed the torch to him.

Shogun and Glover retiring on the same night, a beautiful look back at Jose Aldo's career as they break the news that he'll be in the HoF. Royce Gracie in the crowd. It's all got me asking, "Where did all the time go, Sherbros?"

I don't know who will actually read all this, but I'm feeling it tonight. Please mods, don't move this for whatever reason. I need to hear from my Sherbros tonight.

I didn't feel old until I read this thread you rotten bastad lol.

I'm just a little older than Randy Couture.. So I've been feeling the age for a long time and rooting for the likes of Glover & Dad Bod Kelly just to feel the joy of their upset victories.

Shogun's last years have not produced upsets or exiting battles (bless his heart for trying) But they just arent there.

Glover... FYI goes all the way back to the beginnings of the WEC.

Yeah. I hit the big 40 this year. I remember watching old UFCs on tape. Rented them because they were next to the “faces of death” videos.

Now my car pretty much can drive itself, and i watch live UFC on my laptop.

I even watch dan severn and don frye on their podcast and they look like grandpas. The prime savages like shogun, gomi, BJ etc are all getting their butts kicked by younger generation of fighters. The pride fighters are all gone and retired now. Part of the cycle of life is passing it on. Appreciate every moment.
Heh heh love this comment. When I started watching mma, a mate of mine used to order the pride dvds from Japan, they were about fifty euro each. There were a few we never got an hold of and we would fill in the gaps by reading about the results in some crappy karate magazine I can’t think of the name of.

<EdgyBrah>

Some days I realize I’m old, then again I still have a shit ton of living to do.

Some say at first you don’t have any money, but have all the energy and time to do stuff. Then you have money and energy, but no time. Then when you are old, you probably have the money and time, but no energy.

I hope it’s not exactly like that, ha
it is exatly like that unfortunately

Remember to work hard and save money when you are young, because everything gets harder as you get older. Tech jobs are harder to come by as you get older, and being an older tradesman sucks too with injuries.

3 of my grandparents lived until close to 100, I can't imagine how much money I would need to live that long. A pizza will be 500 dollars by then.

feeling-old-memes-07.jpg

Back