Anyone else stop finding Family Guy funny?

I never liked family guy. But I did read recently that the Seth guy that makes the show says him and the writers are burned out and have been for awhile now. But the network pushes them for more content.

Seth MacFarlane himself doesn’t even want the show to go on.

“Part of me thinks that Family Guyshould have already ended. I think seven seasons is about the right lifespan for a TV series," he says of a show that launched its tenth season last month. "I talk to the fans and in a way I'm kind of secretly hoping for them to say we're done with it. There are plenty of people who say the show is kind of over the hill… but still the vast majority go pale in the face when I mention the possibility." As he sees it, there’s something to be said for wrapping up the series and doing a movie once every couple of years. "Creatively, that would be the way to do it for me. Do a really fantastic final episode while the show is still strong," he says, acknowledging that there are plenty of powerful reasons -- including the viewer demand and the amount of people employed by the series, some 300 people in total -- to give him pause. (There is a deal in place for a Family Guy movie, which he is writing with series co-producer Ricky Blitt; it's now a matter of finding time in MacFarlane's schedule to make it happen.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/seth-macfarlane-family-guy-star-trek-247364

I can’t find it now, but I once read in an interview where he said he stopped writing fulltime for the show in 2010, and really all he does now is the voices.

Family Guy was one of my favorite shows growing up, but it definitely took a dive years ago.

Burned out, that makes sense.
They've had a long run, I think it'd be fair to end if he wanted to, but at least end strong though.

Never got into this show. Probably seen 2 or 3 episodes in my life. It gets laughs from me but I never find myself having to watch them all / get hooked.

I still like Family Guy and catch the new episodes when they are on Sunday nights. Definitely not as good as a few years ago, but still funny enough to make me laugh.

Love American dad too. Roger is one of the funniest characters ever.

They were funny until about 2014.

The multiple kid cancer jokes makes me watch the show less.

I still watch Family Guy every so often but what do I know I still watch The Simpsons too

both SP and FG struggle at times but every once in a while they hit one out of the park, so to speak.
last weeks FG was 65% hysterical IMO

American Dad was so much better.

There's so much good television out there and so little time I haven't watched Family Guy or The Simpsons in years.

Yep used to find it hilarious and then the honour just completely got lost for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back