Anyone else thinks khabib destroys Tony?

Khabib wins that fight.

I don't trust Eddie Bravo.

He said the game plan would be for Tony to pull guard in centre of the cage against Khabib. He then cried about how sub attempts and elbows should be scored more than the guy on top.

So Tony will probably lose a decision.

I mean pussy in the sense of moving up.

You know he wont do it and no...hes already been to the hospital once and last time went into seizures. He doesnt have that weight cut in him much longer.

Thats why Conor moved up. He was tired or cutting that weight and said fuck it. Khabib will NEVER do that.
never say never, I can see him moving up eventually but right now he has a title to defend. defeating Tony and a few others would cement his legacy and be the first fighter to retire undefeated in ufc.

Khabib wins, but not easily like he did over Connor.

McTapALot has zero ground game and looked lost most times. He had virtually no answer for Khabib on the ground, and nearly got KO'd on the feet. Tony is the most logical fight to make at this time and it's the one the UFC has tried to book 5 previous times. Book it now. These two were destined to meet. I think Khabib wins because he's so dominant on the ground. His game is so tight, it looks like he's on autopilot.

Khabib doesn't have too many people that can beat him in his division. He could clear it out in a year if he was ambitious.

Tonys game plan will be:

1) defend takedowns early on, not because he is overly scared of being taken down, but to tire khabib up. tony wont mind taking the odd shot on his feet to ensure he does his best to make khabib fail each time.
2) barrage of strike up from late rnd 2.5 onwards
khabib has the best gnp in lightweight , I really doubt Tony would want to be in that predicament . Getting punched alot really takes alot of cardio out ot you

I think Ferguson is on the verge of being ko-d for good, the accumulated damage seems pretty high at this point, he gets dropped and rocked in every fight but he's just so goddamn tough and durable he always outlasts his foes, but that can only last for so long.

Every fight? Lando and Pettis are the only ones to even stun him on his 11 fight win streak.

I love this stupid false narrative that's been created that Tony is on the verge of losing every fight. I wonder if any of you have even seen most of his fights.

Khabib has never fought someone so comfortable and dangerous off his back.
Khabib has never faced anyone with the pace and cardio of Tony.
Tony has more heart than any of Khabib's previous opponents.
Tonys striking is very unorthodox and much better than Khabib's
They said Conors striking was better too but where did that get him
Khabib by RNC

They said Conors striking was better too but where did that get him
Khabib by RNC

Conors striking is better, its just that Conor did not have the wrestling or jiu jitsu pedigree to defend on the ground. It was the anticipation of the takedown that caught mcgregor standing, and after the beatdown he took in the 2nd round he simply couldn't get his rhythm and timing in the 3rd. Tony has the heart, wrestling, and BJJ to defend on the ground.

I'd pick Khabib by 2nd round ref GnP stoppage. Tony is good but I think coming forward with the pressure like he does would open himself up for a takedown and while his guard is good, I'll take Khabibs top control over it. And with Tony being tough with good recovery I think he takes quite a beating if he ends up on bottom.

khabib has the best gnp in lightweight , I really doubt Tony would want to be in that predicament . Getting punched alot really takes alot of cardio out ot you

Cardio?

Khabib was tired after rd 2 trying to finish Conor. To the point where he basically took rd 3 off to catch his breath. He also faded vs Iaquinta. Obviously both Conor and Al aren't even in Tony's stratosphere when it comes to cardio. And neither offers close to what Tony does off his back, which means while Khabib probably wins rd 1 (and likely rd 2), he has to work even harder to do it. And this time it's vs a guy who has proven (upping his already frenetic pace throughout 5 rds in Mexico City where everyone else got tired and faded) elite cardio.

When Khabib is up 2 rounds on Tony and Tony pops right up at the end of rd 2 fresh as a daisy and Khabib is tired as hell and desperately needs that round of halfhearted sparring like he got in rd 3 vs Conor, instead he's gonna have Tony swarming and draining his already depleted gas tank to empty.

Can't wait.

I'd pick Khabib by 2nd round ref GnP stoppage. Tony is good but I think coming forward with the pressure like he does would open himself up for a takedown and while his guard is good, I'll take Khabibs top control over it. And with Tony being tough with good recovery I think he takes quite a beating if he ends up on bottom.

You think Iaquinta and Conor offer more off their back? C'mon. Let's be realistic here.

What makes Tony different from Conor?

Heart. The biggest factor here.
Insane pace.
Cardio. Ferg doesn't get tired.
Ground game. Think twice before jumping in Ferg's guard.
Tony will drag you into deep deeeeep waters.

El Cucuy is taking that belt.
I want this fight to happen badly. Please JBG... no injuries. Please.

Last edited:
What makes Tony different from Conor?

Heart. The biggest factor here.
Insane pace.
Cardio. Ferg doesn't get tired.
Ground game. Think twice before jumping in Ferg's guard.
Tony will drag you into deep deeeeep waters.

El Cucuy is taking that belt.

Tony's stand-up is 1/2 as good as Conor's.

He's been dropped by even less impressive strikers than Khabib and worse-of-all he's almost completely indifferent when it comes to takedown defense.

Tony's stand-up is 1/2 as good as Conor's.

He's been dropped by even less impressive strikers than Khabib and worse-of-all he's almost completely indifferent when it comes to takedown defense.

Lando and Pettis are far better strikers than Khabib. Who else "dropped" Tony?

I orginally thought and still do that Tony was/is going to get brutalized.

The only difference is now I believe Tony will absorb it and do some come from WAY behind to win rather than Khabib sub.

Back