Anyone ever seen the Beach?

awesome movie. seen it countless times over the years. always worth watching when ever it is on tv.

yea, it definitely got a lot of undeserved hate. IIRC, this was a few years after Titanic was released and the world had enough of Dicaprio and hated on him, like people hate on Tom Brady...for no real, just reason.

Pretty boys get hated on like Justin Bieber as well and Harry Styles. Leo I think won womens hearts in Romeo + Juliet but Titanic really set the stage. I think guys feel intimidated it is harder to compete with a rich pretty boy. Notice how masculine uggylish guys are more praised by men I think because we find it more easy to become muscular than change our face. Or something

Pretty boys get hated on like Justin Bieber as well and Harry Styles. Leo I think won womens hearts in Romeo + Juliet but Titanic really set the stage. I think guys feel intimidated it is harder to compete with a rich pretty boy. Notice how masculine uggylish guys are more praised by men I think because we find it more easy to become muscular than change our face. Or something

that's actually a great theory.

like we all love Jason Statham, and Khal Drogo from the GOT series. but when it comes to looks, yea, without cosmetic surgery it's difficult to improve on.

that's actually a great theory.

like we all love Jason Statham, and Khal Drogo from the GOT series. but when it comes to looks, yea, without cosmetic surgery it's difficult to improve on.
Ironically I think Drogo might be a good counter argument. He’s considered a dimepiece but he’s masculine as fuck.

maybe there’s an intersection like “well if he stole my girl, I get it. But not to someone who can’t even bench teh 135.” With Leo he could because he’s pretty but he’s doesn’t look like he could fix a furnace.

That's because he was 22 years younger.

Well, that's my theory anyway.

oh is that how it works?

what I meant was that he looked like he did in the beach for so long and now he looks like he does now also for a long time. I feel like blood diamond or aviator marked his older appearance

Ironically I think Drogo might be a good counter argument. He’s considered a dimepiece but he’s masculine as fuck.

maybe there’s an intersection like “well if he stole my girl, I get it. But not to someone who can’t even bench teh 135.” With Leo he could because he’s pretty but he’s doesn’t look like he could fix a furnace.

Makes sense. Crazy how much we judge on looks to for all we know someone who is pretty boy could fight well and fix stuff but its not the general assumption

Reactions: JSN
The last 30 seconds of the movie gets me in the feelers. Have lots of pictures just like the one he gets of good friends in Thailand.

Cheesy but nostalgic as fuck. Still has some cool scenes

oh is that how it works?

what I meant was that he looked like he did in the beach for so long and now he looks like he does now also for a long time. I feel like blood diamond or aviator marked his older appearance

Yep the beach from 2000 he still looked like young Leo. Then in catch me if you can and gangs of New York in 2002 he looked slightly older. Then aviator 2004 slightly older again and then by blood diamond in 2006 he no longer looked like a pretty boy at all and people (myself included) were willing to treat him differently.

I saw it in the theater when i was 12, on my first real date with a girl ever. We made out during the movie and after it ended we went to urban outfitters and i stole a leopard-print thong for her.

The movie was pretty good from what i remember. The Moby song from the soundtrack was really popular.

Classic backpacker movie...

The real beach in Thailand is a tourist shithole though...
The beach itself is fine, its overcrowded though, when I visited it was flooded with chinese mainland tourists, and they are cancer. Now it' s better, most likely

Just saw it I really liked it, Leo gets laid a lot and there is beautiful shots. I also love the paradise island idea and how it must come to an end and free spirited youths

Underrated movie imo. I was surprised that it hovers in the sixes on Imdb when I looked it up. I would have expected it to be in the eights. I've watched it several times. It's kind of one of those movies that I'll stop on and watch if I'm flipping around the channels.

Back