Anyone get the sense that Dricus is scared of Strickland?

d0g

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think Strickland threatening to stab Dricus got in his head. He seemed very timid and nervous at the press conference. Dricus has a fake tough guy persona, a bit like Covington, whereas Sean is 100% real

I think Strickland threatening to stab Dricus got in his head. He seemed very timid and nervous at the press conference. Dricus has a fake tough guy persona, a bit like Covington, whereas Sean is 100% real

If anything Strickland is the fake tough guy. Goes around making personal attacks on other fighters and gets pissy when the tables are turned.

I'm saying this as a fan of Strickland btw. He will always be one of my favorites for humbling adesnya. But man does he look like an absolute bitch during the press conference when Driscus responded in kind to his taunts.

Anyone who fights for a living isn't truly 'scared' of another man, to be honest.

Now, do they sometimes doubt themselves more because they're aware that certain fighters represent a bigger danger due to their fighting style? Yeah, of course. I'm sure when Nick Diaz fought GSP, he was thinking, 'Here we go again; I might get wrestle-fucked the whole fight.'

But was he actually scared to fight GSP? Hell no.

Cage fighters are shy and fearful people in general. Plus, Strickland is infinitely more frightening than Izzy or Whittaker, especially when he wears a hat.

Fuck no... Jesus, they fight in a cage for a living.

What kind of pussy bullshit question is that?

I don’t think so. SA has a murder rate that is like 7-8 times higher than America. I haven’t checked in a while but I remember their “good and safe” years were like double the amount of murders per day vs the US.

I like Sean but it’s a bit cringe with the threats and posturing. In the end it doesn’t really matter. I hope both guys can have a great fight.

If anything, Sean Strickland looks more insecure and less sure of himself than Duplessis.

I think Strickland has an even lamer persona than Colby Covington, if that's even possible.

Sean Strickland looks awkward, "wannabe," isn't funny, and is utterly lame on the microphone.

Duplessis used to be first class, but he's starting to get a bit cringe himself, but appears much more confident in actual conversations.

Yeah it was quite obvious reality has kicked in, Dricus doesn't look confident, he's in for a real fight with one of America's greatest alpha males that is an apex predator like a prime Mike Tyson who is ready to go in and "do work" like a prison enforcer.

Dricus grew up a privileged white colonialist kid, doing BJJ in his pyjamas at 15. He's never been in a real fight. I've heard rumors MMA Guru lit him up and dropped him in sparring.

This isn't picking on some punch drunk Aussie that is way past his prime or some washouts like Brunson or Till.

No he is behaving exactly like he always do

Anyone who fights for a living isn't truly 'scared' of another man, to be honest.

Now, do they sometimes doubt themselves more because they're aware that certain fighters represent a bigger danger due to their fighting style? Yeah, of course. I'm sure when Nick Diaz fought GSP, he was thinking, 'Here we go again; I might get wrestle-fucked the whole fight.'

But was he actually scared to fight GSP? Hell no.

Generally yes but we have seen examples of people being afraid to fight unless forced to...

Tito vs Chuck, GSP vs Silva, Woodley vs Lombard, De Randamie vs Cyborg etc

Yeah it was quite obvious reality has kicked in, Dricus doesn't look confident, he's in for a real fight with one of America's greatest alpha males that is an apex predator like a prime Mike Tyson who is ready to go in and "do work" like a prison enforcer.

Dricus grew up a privileged white colonialist kid, doing BJJ in his pyjamas at 15. He's never been in a real fight. I've heard rumors MMA Guru lit him up and dropped him in sparring.

This isn't picking on some punch drunk Aussie that is way past his prime or some washouts like Brunson or Till.

punch drunk Aussie LMFAO

Back