Anyone have an Xbox controller

TeTe

🤡🌎
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
That disconnected and would not reconnect ever again?

And yes, this is with brand new batteries. This piece of shit is only a month old and in the middle of playing tonight the thing disconnected and wouldn’t reconnect. So I changed the batteries.

Then after changing them it kept flashing on and off. I did notice the controller was making some faint high pitched noise though. I took the batteries out, make sure the contacts were good and no luck even after trying to re-sync.

Now it won’t turn on at all with the new batteries.

Guess I’m going to have trash this pos.

And yes, this is with brand new batteries. This piece of shit is only a month old and in the middle of playing tonight the thing disconnected and wouldn’t reconnect. So I changed the batteries.

Then after changing them it kept flashing on and off. I did notice the controller was making some faint high pitched noise though. I took the batteries out, make sure the contacts were good and no luck even after trying to re-sync.

Is it an official Microsoft controller? Mine has been doing some weird shit but I can get mine to reconnect.

I had an issue too, same exact thing. Wouldn't sync with the xbox1. I turned off the xbox (by holding the button down on the xbox until it shuts off) then turned it back on. It still wouldn't sync when hitting the sync button, just flash. Then, I held the Xbox button (on the controller) down for a second...and it synced and connected. I don't know how or why, I didn't find anything at all online about hitting that middle button to sync, but it worked for me. I'd give that a shot

*edit

I should add, I did not have the problem with the controller not turning back on. Just wouldn't sync.

That's what you get for having an Xbox and not a PS..

<{ByeHomer}>

Just tried it again this morning, and the still won't even turn on now. Guess I'm going to have to buy a new one. Bullshit.

Depending on where you got it, they might honor the manufacture warranty and replace it for free.

Best Buy did that for me with a PS controller

My PS4 HDMI port broke and I still haven't fixed it. I've been through roughly 20 Xbox one controllers, finally got the elite, only had to replace it twice so far. Warranty well worth the 10 bucks.

Gave up on trying to fix this pos and just bought a new controller. The thing still wouldn't even turn on.

My PS4 HDMI port broke and I still haven't fixed it. I've been through roughly 20 Xbox one controllers, finally got the elite, only had to replace it twice so far. Warranty well worth the 10 bucks.
<{katwhu}>

Fuck are you doing to your controllers?

Gave up on trying to fix this pos and just bought a new controller. The thing still wouldn't even turn on.

Did you update the software on it with the micro usb cable or did you have a keypad installed on it??

Why don't they use rechargeable batteries in Xbox controllers?

I was going to buy one just to compare with my DS4 but the batteries were a deal breaker for me. It's 2018 FFS.

<{katwhu}>

Fuck are you doing to your controllers?

Lol. Its not really a time based issue, but thank you guys for the concern.

The left joystick always gets fucked up, that's always been the only problem.

Yeah, if I press it harder in whatever direction, it makes me run faster in fifa. Not really, but that's basically why I fuck them up. No other game besides FIFA has caused me to mess up the left joysticks. This is over the last 5 years, since Xbox one release. I've messed up the left joystick on a few controllers the same day I bought them. And I play FIFA more than any other game over last few years even though it pisses me off. Whatever though, I have the elite and when it fucks up, I replace it for 10 dollars. Not a big deal.

Fuck, @TeTe, sorry, I didn't see this until today.

If you didn't trash it yet you want to go through re-pairing the controller, and not "syncing" which is technically like re-connecting to a bluetooth headset via your phone that you've already paired to the phone. These are the three troubleshoots before trashing an XB1 controller. I advise jumping straight to Step #2 with the USB cable. Furthermore, DO NOT use a charge-only USB cable. You want one that carries data (allowing you to move files between the phone and a computer over USB); so your phone's charger cord
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/troubleshoot-wireless-controller
upload_2018-6-24_3-9-53.png

Fuck, @TeTe, sorry, I didn't see this until today.

If you didn't trash it yet you want to go through re-pairing the controller, and not "syncing" which is technically like re-connecting to a bluetooth headset via your phone that you've already paired to the phone. These are the three troubleshoots before trashing an XB1 controller. I advise jumping straight to Step #2 with the USB cable. Furthermore, DO NOT use a charge-only USB cable. You want one that carries data (allowing you to move files between the phone and a computer over USB); so your phone's charger cord
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/troubleshoot-wireless-controller
View attachment 397385
I can try this. I plugged in the charging cable I have as I used to have the rechargeable battery pack in a previous controller. I did manage to get it to turn on again although it just flashed on and off for a few seconds and shut off again. Hopefully I can get it to turn on long enough to try to update it.

Lemme know if you want my second controller. I can ship it to you from work.

Why don't they use rechargeable batteries in Xbox controllers?

I was going to buy one just to compare with my DS4 but the batteries were a deal breaker for me. It's 2018 FFS.

What on earth are you talking about? Do more research Xbox One controllers do have rechargeable packs.

Back