Anyone here on TRT? Pros and cons ?

I've thought about it. Got 2 friends on it and they are both younger than me and say it was a life changer. They say it's night and day. One of these guys had extremely low levels like 100 so it was necessary. Other guy was a juicer in his younger days and takes it to get yoked.

I was just over 400 last year so I'm low but not sure it's low enough to take the risk. I hate the idea of being on it for life. Am I gonna be a wrinkly old 80 year old injecting myself?

to the naysayers, properly administered TRT should bring your testosterone to normal levels, not turn you into gordon ryan. after a certain age, your body will simply not produce it anymore, and you do feel the effects. some people have naturally higher levels, some people have lower levels. maybe you'll still be in the normal range when you're 50, maybe you'll be really low when you're 35.

i know people who have taken testosterone willy nilly and i'd never do it like that. i also know a guy who gets it done properly and supervised by a doctor, and he's doing great. i'm 36 right now, and still feeling pretty good, but i don't see any reason why i wouldn't do it in my late 40s if i'm feeling like shit.

the main thing to understand is that by going for it, you will likely cause your natural T levels to be even lower. you don't really want to do that unnecessarily.

what i'm saying is, get yourself tested first, and several times over a longer period. if you're low, consider it. if you're not, don't do it.

People are so quick to say they have low testosterone, but will rarely address all the other issues in life. Sure your test levels drop as you get older, but they drop more from poor sleep, alcohol use, poorly managed diets and inadequate training.
Just stay awake for 24+ hours after doing a harder workout and a couple drinks and your T levels would get you a script.

IF all those other things are perfect, it might be worth going on a low dose to bring you back up, but the real issue is usually people still getting on the piss most weekends and having to sacrifice sleep for for family, employment or to get their training in(PM training wreaks havoc on my ability to sleep properly).

You generally start to feel like shit in your 30s-40s because you can't get away with poor habits and recover anymore. 40 is barely half way for most people in life.

I'm trying to avoid it for as long as I can. Like someone said you are kind of on it for life once you start. If I can hold off until like my 60's that would be ideal. Going to be 40 next year and I feel better than ever so for now I'm not worried about it.

Mid 40's... How would I find this out? Like go to some low level doctor that is going to give it to me no questions asked?

Mid 40's... How would I find this out? Like go to some low level doctor that is going to give it to me no questions asked?
Pretty much yes. You get a cool printout that shows all your other levels are great and you just need a little boost.

I'm almost 42 and it's becoming harder and harder to feel motivated to train bjj. I've been doing it for 8 years now.

Any of you taking TRT ? What are your pros and cons ? Side effects you don't like ?does it help with cardio, body fat, muscles etc ?

Just want an honest opinion. My primary refused to prescribe it unless I below love 300nl or whatever it is, last time I tested I was like 308 or something close. But I can push the issue if you guys recommend it. I jist don't want my junk to shrink haha

Not on trt, but age 39, I plan to get tested in the new year

Take a small cycle and that will put you below 300

Very stupid idea, what is the motivation here? Do you think being on TRT will reignite your love for bjj? Or do you think it will make you better/substitute mat time/fill gaps in your technique? You're a hobbyist, don't play with your health like that, it's not worth it, there's always a price tag on all that shit

There is also a price tag with low testosterone
Diabetes, heart attacks, etc are all risks

People with Norma levels should not use, granted, but the guy above is extremely close to dangerous low levels, similar to someone nearly double his age

Of course there risks to any medicine, but imo if someone is generally low, then having your levels normalised under doctor supervision is a good thing.

Obviously it would be different of he was just going by feel and going out to the black market to source test and not do the necessary bloodwork

I have done loads of research on TRT and it does tend to be safe for the vast majority

Last edited:
Cons? Well it's no longer fair IMO for you to compete with non TRT users in sports

Regular men have to worry about things like sleep, stress, and diet effecting their Test levels, but you? Your levels will be FAR more consistent than them.

Last edited:
Back