Anyone know about French Savate, and why not be popular as English Boxing

tI2QfYF.png

Originally Savate was a self defence martial art.

Here are some good documentaries in English about it:

I only clicked play because there was some blonde ho as the thumbnail doing cray stretches. Timestamp to when she's in ?

I only clicked play because there was some blonde ho as the thumbnail doing cray stretches. Timestamp to when she's in ?

She just got in, we're having diner.

Anyone know anything about French Savate? It seems to have developed at the same time as Marquise of Queensbury rules boxing? Boxing seems to have spread around and become an Olympic Sport. Why Savate never get the same attention?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savate

It seems to have become a sport around the early 19th Century. Marquis of Queensbury rules developed sometime in mid 19th century. So what gives?
Back in those days kicking was considered un-Gentleman like in most of the western world, hence it never gained wide popularity.

Plus, you fight with your shoes, which kinda is like fighting with a weapon (utilizing your shoe/boot as a weapon). Notice that martial arts that utilize weapons tend to not make it big as sports when talking about popularity.

Plus, you fight with your shoes, which kinda is like fighting with a weapon (utilizing your shoe/boot as a weapon). Notice that martial arts that utilize weapons tend to not make it big as sports when talking about popularity.
Yeah, but I had to register my fists as bladed weapons as soon as I got my blackbelt when I was 7 years old

Back