Anyone notice the LW fighters have been silent?

He’s fighting a Featherweight next… and probably Sean O’Malley after that with the way the UFC has gone full circus.

Contenders realizing they’re knocking each other off for no reason… there’s absolutely no comprehensible path to a title shot these days lol

He’s fighting a Featherweight next… and probably Sean O’Malley after that with the way the UFC has gone full circus.

Contenders realizing they’re knocking each other off for no reason… there’s absolutely no comprehensible path to a title shot these days lol
And the fans wonder why Leon and Stipes of the world want to wait their turn instead of taking meaningless fights.

Volk is next
Dairush is top dog but got skipped
Arman and Gamrot lost
Oliveira got beat soundly
Chandler and Poirier are fighting each other
Tony is on a terrible skid
Fiziev needs to make a name for himself
Bobby Green got dominated by him and is suspended
Conor is probably a WW if he ever comes back and is probably done

Oh and Tony is a ww. What lightweights are in a position to call out Islam? I mean we get it he's dominant and great. The top echelon are not scared of title fights

I think what TS is saying is that everyone in the division is on twitter calling everyone out after any title fight but they aren’t doing so to Islam. The fact Volk is handed an immediate title fight and the others are being so quiet about it and accepting of this looks as if they are content not fighting Islam. Dariush should be very vocal but not much from him. The other fighters were always calling out Oliveria if they were booked for other fights or not.

...there’s absolutely no comprehensible path to a title shot these days lol

If you act like a clown and look like a clown, then you are well on your way to being gifted a title shot. The UFC being a clown show is more true than ever these days.

As a collective group(Chandler, Dustin,Justin G), all of their careers are on the decline. Given that Volks getting the next shot their championship windows have likely all closed.

They are hoping A fluke injury pops in sometime before end of Volk fight. Islam looks very formidable.

Volk is next
Dairush is top dog but got skipped
Arman and Gamrot lost
Oliveira got beat soundly
Chandler and Poirier are fighting each other
Tony is on a terrible skid
Fiziev needs to make a name for himself
Bobby Green got dominated by him and is suspended
Conor is probably a WW if he ever comes back and is probably done
Tony was on twitter calling Khabib fathead and wanting a fight with him 3 years after he last saw him and when he was already on a skid. Gaethje was threatening to riot if he didn't get the next title shot after beating Chandler, despite losing one right before - where's Doostin saying anything now?

Fiziev is kinda the 2nd most deserving of a shitle tot at LW right now. 6 fight win streak, 5 straight performance bonuses, last win over a former LW champ, beat Bobby Greene before it was cool. Dariush is still ahead and will probably get matched up with Fiziev, but I'm trailing off.

Point is: guys were yapping even when there were plenty of other obstacles in their way. They might just all be willing to see if Volk can vanquish Islam for them.

and unfortunately, Dariush is fine with being passed over.

Islam went from never getting called out to he's gonna get called out by numerous people.

The people who may have been "ducking" him before, no longer will. There is a big reward for the big risk now, as opposed to little reward, high risk, like it was before.

pretty much this.
People complain about contenders sitting and waiting.,... but what exactly is the point?
Reminds me when MW had Weidman, Luke, Jacare, Yoel, Whittaker... meanwhile Bisping fought a retired Hendo and then a retired GSP....

Last edited:
Oh and Tony is a ww. What lightweights are in a position to call out Islam? I mean we get it he's dominant and great. The top echelon are not scared of title fights
Sweet Avatar, love me some John C. Reilly.

Arman congratulated, as did a few others. But the top ranked contenders haven't said anything. Lol Chandler even made a few tweets after Oct 22nd but didn't congratulate at all.

Maybe he's not wearing his analyst or fighter hat anymore lol

Back